Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on October 29, 2022, 06:03:20 PM
Quote from: Throw It Up Ref on October 29, 2022, 05:49:30 PM
Quote from: resterday14 on October 29, 2022, 05:43:11 PM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on October 29, 2022, 05:40:07 PM
Lads interested is that Clonoe relegated?

Clonoe relegated. Hearing rumours moy had 16 players on the field for a few minutes and in that time frame Moy scored 2 points (they won by a point). Can anyone confirm? Surely Clonoe will take that to the county board with video evidence

Complete nonsense. Referee had to stop the game to order a Clonoe player that had been subbed off the field. Never any evidence moy had 16 on. Bad tempered end to the game. Moy manager and full forward both struck and badly injured. Clonoe had a 20m free to level it at the end and hit the post. Very close game that could have gone either way.

Yep few dirty uncalled for digs when Clonoe losing.

Agree with this, the writing was on the wall for Clonoe and frustrations got the better of them as they started with off the ball s**t

The referee lost all control and was poor from minute 1 to minute 70 he isn't fit to take senior football. A tight game in tough conditions. Edendork or Pomeroy will fancy themselves to be in Division 1 next year.
Living the dream!!!

TwoUpTwoDown

Will Healy Park hold up? You'd have to think that heavy field will suit Carrickmore.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 29, 2022, 06:43:22 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on October 29, 2022, 06:28:40 PM
Thanks Fionn. That is an interesting way of doing things- much better than our own way!!

Because championship grade & the league in Tyrone club football are still joined at the hip, and that clubs don't have all players available for all league fixtures, the play-offs are a somewhat necessary evil. There was a plan for such play-offs to be shelved next year, but a backlash from clubs means that the play-offs are (from the last I heard) going to remain. Same reason that there is a "Top Four" league semi-finals and final in Division 1 (Trillick beat Killyclogher in the Div 1 league final).

Had the Tyrone All-County League way of doing things applied to Antrim this year, then had Aghagallon lost their interdivision play-off game to Ballymena they would have been demoted to playing in the Antrim IFC next year despite being beaten SFC finalists!

I also suspect they would have got the finger out earlier mind you!

Very interesting way of doing things. We wouldn't have the same challenges with county players being unavailable for as long as you would so at least we got the league played off early but the wait for the division 1/2 relegation/ promotion playoff was ridiculously long. I like the idea of making league games as meaningful as possible for as long as possible.

redzone

Quote from: Localexpert on October 29, 2022, 04:25:33 PM
Far be it for me to revel in the misfortune of others but unlucky to our big spending near neighbours today. As a wise man once said, "there's no point eating a couple of wee slices (Moortown and Donaghmore champ games) if you can't finish the pizza.

I hope someone gets a look at the set list for ABBA tonight because if the winner takes it all comes on it could get interesting  ;D

If Stevie  McDonnell  is there tonight Money Money Money will have to be played

TirEoghainGael

Quote from: TwoUpTwoDown on October 29, 2022, 07:43:37 PM
Will Healy Park hold up? You'd have to think that heavy field will suit Carrickmore.
Errigal would need to be able to play on these heavy pitches coming into the Ulster club

ONeill

All 4 teams in Clonoe Parish below division 1 next year. Must be a long time since that happened.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Onthe40

Have any of the clubs grade 1 youth teams either?

clarshack

Quote from: ONeill on October 29, 2022, 11:06:25 PM
All 4 teams in Clonoe Parish below division 1 next year. Must be a long time since that happened.

1997. That was the last time Clonoe were Intermediate.

LeoMc

Quote from: ONeill on October 29, 2022, 11:06:25 PM
They would be a strong divisional team if we had the Kerry system.

Under Lights

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 29, 2022, 08:47:56 PM
Quote from: TwoUpTwoDown on October 29, 2022, 07:43:37 PM

Our training pitch is on standby!  ;)

;D

Tyrone2021

Jesus must have been some blow moy manager got as moy Facebook state "needed hospital treatment". Also good luck to Carrickmore today let's bring home number 16!

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Tyrone2021 on October 30, 2022, 08:49:46 AM
Jesus must have been some blow moy manager got as moy Facebook state "needed hospital treatment". Also good luck to Carrickmore today let's bring home number 16!

I wouldn't be surprised to see this go further than the football field. The man was assaulted and subsequently hospitalised. It was an act of absolute thuggery. I will wait and see if Clonoe wish the manager a speedy recovery in their social media summary. If he did that on the street he would be looking at time.
Living the dream!!!

Under Lights

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: Under Lights on October 30, 2022, 12:45:45 PM
Who done it?

I'd say people wouldn't need too many guesses to get it. A moy player also received a bad facial injury around the same time with game near over. Both unprovoked. These things have to be stamped out of the game.

CK_Redhand

Anybody streaming the match? I've been trying to start it 10 minutes before the match but getting an error page.