Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhandfan

Cookstown 1-10 Clan na Gael 2-6
I heard today that there was a bit of late drama and controversy towards the end of yesterday's play-off encounter between Cookstown and Clan na Gael.  Apparently, Clan na Gael's Stephen O'Neill thought he had kicked an equalising point from a free that would have forced this match into extra-time.  However, his score was ruled out by Eglish referee Bert Mohan who had spotted an incident at the other end of the field.  Mohan made O'Neill take the free-kick again, only this time the Tyrone star missed!  Needless to say, Clan na Gael were not too happy with Mohan's decision and the outcome of the match.   

Norf Tyrone

I believe Eskra secured their Div 2 status today also.
I hear newton led at the break but Eskra came back to win by 7.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ziggysego

Picture's of Greencastle's win over Drumhowan (Monaghan) in the Ulster Junior Championship Semi Final at Casement Park, Belfast on Sunday 26th November 2006 are now available to see on the Greencastle website.
Testing Accessibility

EC Unique

Is it official that Errigal are getting to enter a thirds team in division 3 league and championship? It is being discussed on Hogan Stand. ???

ClosetotheHarte

Heard that MH will not be revealing his McKenna Cup squad until after Christmas, but probably before the New Year. He's working with a training panel at the minute which includes some new players who seem poised to get their chance in the McKenna Cup. Not sure who they all are.

recall06

Heard of a few new names in the trainin panel. Heard they attended a fitness trial on sat morn in st Ciarans high school. Brendan Boggs, Aidan Cassidy, Chris Coulhoun, Cathal McCarron (Omagh), Colm Cavanagh, Tommy McGuigan, Paul Rouse, Niall McGinn, Damian McCaul, Ciaran McCrory.

chuck hughes

Quote from: recall06 on November 29, 2006, 10:38:29 AM
Heard of a few new names in the trainin panel. Heard they attended a fitness trial on sat morn in st Ciarans high school. Brendan Boggs, Aidan Cassidy, Chris Coulhoun, Cathal McCarron (Omagh), Colm Cavanagh, Tommy McGuigan, Paul Rouse, Niall McGinn, Damian McCaul, Ciaran McCrory.

Colm Donnelly, Johnny Curren, Philip Toner, Kelvin Hughes and Justin Mc Mahon are others to be called in. Apparently they start training on Thurs night.

DuperDee

Its that time of year. The Playoffs are over and the decisions about who plays where are made for another year. The Tyrone Trials are done and the new hopefuls are in training for the McKenna Cup. Errigal are out of the Ulster club and the season of the AGM's are here with us. The Only thing to talk about is 'Who have yous got to manage you next year?

Any big changes on the management front. I see there is another thread about the Managerial Merry Go Round in Cavan. Well whats new in Tyrone. What big name is going where? Who has moved and who has moved on?

I expect Errigal and Carrickmore to hold on to their men. The others im  not sure. This will be a big year with the leagues going to 3 divisions next year. Well whats the news?

ziggysego

Quote from: DuperDee on December 01, 2006, 11:04:25 PM
Its that time of year. The Playoffs are over and the decisions about who plays where are made for another year. The Tyrone Trials are done and the new hopefuls are in training for the McKenna Cup. Errigal are out of the Ulster club and the season of the AGM's are here with us. The Only thing to talk about is 'Who have yous got to manage you next year?

Excuse me Dee!!!!! Greencastle have a BIG game on Sunday and Stewartstown are awaiting their BIG game too!
Testing Accessibility

Norf Tyrone

Good luck to Zig and the Greencastle tribe tomorrow. Always good to see Tyrone teams doing well regardless, except for ********. Hate them shower of C***s.

With Stewartstown winning Ulster Junior in 2004, and hopefully Greencastle this year, it augurs well for Junior football in the County. Both teams win a Tyrone Junior Championship that contained 12 teams. You'd expect that when the leagues revert to 16 teams in 2008 the quality will be even better.
That doesn't mean to be a slight on the Harps or the Hoops, but a tribute to the strength og Junior football in the County.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Red Nose Red Hand

Yes, good luck to Sean Teague and his team. But what about Stewartstown - anybody know what happened after the Ulster Council investigation? Meantime, where's Sludden? Hasn't anyone told him Enniskillen lost the McCormack Cup final - his old friend DOMNIC missing out on another trophy.

Red Nose Red Hand

Quote from: Take Your Points on December 02, 2006, 07:50:21 PM
He knows! Check out the Ulster Colleges thread!

Sorry TYP and thanks for keeping me right. I should have known better. He doesn't miss much, really, even if his vendetta with all things DC is mind-boggling and stupid. I see he's "my friend DomCorrigan" now.

Carmen Stateside

Good luck to Greencastle and Ziggs tomorrow!! ;) and dare I say Ballinderry!! :P

never kickt a ball

He doesn't miss much, really, even if his vendetta with all things DC is mind-boggling and stupid. I see he's "my friend DomCorrigan" now.

What's the craic with Slud and DC???