Kerry v Throne AIQF - Saturday July 1st

Started by Ciarrai_thuaidh, June 26, 2023, 07:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

There is a truth in the narrative that many Kerry people believe Tyrone is the big bad wolf who, when defeated, is taught a footballing lesson.

The truth on Saturday was in front of their faces. Kerry did everything Tyrone was lauded for two years ago and did it well. They defended with 15 in their own half, and attacked at pace when turned over. When Tyrone did manage to turn the Kerry attack over, the Tyrone runners were systematically fouled. I've no issue with that.

I met more than one Kerry supporter afterward who actually believed Tyrone were taught a footballing masterclass of attacking football. It's that blindness which grates.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

Kerry don't like when teams try to out hoor them, the 'Covid' game was that.

We addressed it at the time and everyone had their views on it. Nothing changed so mentioning it or if they used that as another motivator so what? Teams inch out any form of motivation needed to get an edge, Tyrone obviously thought having the Indian sign over Kerry would be enough.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

square_ball

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 06, 2023, 08:48:18 AM

We addressed it at the time and everyone had their views on it. Nothing changed so mentioning it or if they used that as another motivator so what? Teams inch out any form of motivation needed to get an edge, Tyrone obviously thought having the Indian sign over Kerry would be enough.

Nonsense. Where's the evidence Tyrone thought that?

screenexile

Quote from: square_ball on July 06, 2023, 08:54:25 AM

Kerry 2-18 Tyrone 0-12

square_ball

Quote from: screenexile on July 06, 2023, 09:32:22 AM

Kerry 2-18 Tyrone 0-12

Not sure the relevance of the score is to what I asked MR2?

Tyrone were hammered by a better team than them. MR2 said that 'Tyrone obviously thought having the Indian sign over Kerry would be enough' and I'm asking him where is the evidence in the build up to the game for this logic?

Maroon Manc

Probably mentioned earlier on the in the thread but saw Clifford in the GAA team of the week but but thought it was the poorest I've seen him with his kicking, turns out he scored 1 point from play from 9 efforts.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: square_ball on July 06, 2023, 09:50:12 AM

Kerry 2-18 Tyrone 0-12

Tyrone were hammered by a better team than them. MR2 said that 'Tyrone obviously thought having the Indian sign over Kerry would be enough' and I'm asking him where is the evidence in the build up to the game for this logic?

There was some posts regarding Tyrone's recent wins and the old wins back in the day.

As I said it's like Tyrone thought they'd have the Indian sign over them.

The sensitivity over what the brothers were saying is a bit over the top considering what's said on the pitch
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RedHand88

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 06, 2023, 11:27:03 AM

Kerry 2-18 Tyrone 0-12

There was some posts regarding Tyrone's recent wins and the old wins back in the day.

The sensitivity over what the brothers were saying is a bit over the top considering what's said on the pitch

What's said on the pitch?

HokeyPokey

I don't think Tyrone are the source of the idea that Tyrone had the Indian sign over Kerry.

Most of the Tyrone team had lost at least once to Kerry. Tyrone beat Kerry 3 times in the 00s. And Kerry won in 2012, 2015 and 2019. In 2015 and 2019, there wasn't much between them.

I think Tyrone people thought we could raise their game for Kerry and that Kerry could struggle when dealing with teams that don't stand off them and go at them with intensity. Good Tyrone teams react well when written off or talked down to etc. That obviously wasn't the case last weekend.

When Tyrone lost in those games and this game it was more irksome because of Kerry supporters and pundits narratives as others have talked about above. Tyrone just moved on and didn't try cry foul as Kerry people often did in the 00s and in 2021.

The conspiracies pushed around 2021 were bad enough at the time, but there's more than enough interviews been given since to refute that and plenty of basic reason like why medical professionals at the top of their field would risk their careers and names to pull a stroke for a football game. To make mean spirited and petty jokes about it and to push a narrative that Tyrone pulled a stroke is very insulting.

It was the media in general, egged on often by Kerry pundits who after the 2021 Tyrone win immediately jumped on the Indian sign bandwagon. Tyrone themselves seemed to have an issue beating the Kerry, Dublin, Mayo and Donegal for a while. Many in Kerry seem to have an attitude that any championship loss to Tyrone is a great injustice or disturbance in the right order of things. It's odd that the pettiness remains, especially with all the years and all that has passed since and when you look at those 00s games which were in large were end to end games and accusing Tyrone, with a full forward line of O'Neill, Canavan and Mulligan of not being good footballers is madness. I don't think I've observed similar pettiness against other teams which has lasted as long, aside from local rivalries. 2021 was more relief for me to finally get over a big team and pride in their effort and to overcome the odds and proved their many detractors wrong. A win is sweeter against Kerry, but I think that's mostly down to the attitude shown by many Kerry pundits etc. towards Tyrone which sought to put an asterix beside every Tyrone win against them.

BuzzCagney

Quote from: ONeill on July 05, 2023, 11:33:31 PM
There is a truth in the narrative that many Kerry people believe Tyrone is the big bad wolf who, when defeated, is taught a footballing lesson.

The truth on Saturday was in front of their faces. Kerry did everything Tyrone was lauded for two years ago and did it well. They defended with 15 in their own half, and attacked at pace when turned over. When Tyrone did manage to turn the Kerry attack over, the Tyrone runners were systematically fouled. I've no issue with that.

I met more than one Kerry supporter afterward who actually believed Tyrone were taught a footballing masterclass of attacking football. It's that blindness which grates.

Exhibition of blanket defence by the Kingdom Boys. Throw in the sledging by some of their players.

BuzzCagney

Pat Spillange  said in SW Kerry players felt their were blackguarded by Tyrone team because of the covid 19 delayed semi final in 2021.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 06, 2023, 01:15:26 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 06, 2023, 11:27:03 AM

Kerry 2-18 Tyrone 0-12

What's said on the pitch?

Hello sir how are you? I really hope you have a nice day, fine weather we are having, I really hope this war in Ukraine ends peacefully..

That sort of stuff!

If you think for a second there are any pleasant conversations you've never played

CK_Redhand

What's said on the pitch is between the players. However nasty it gets, it's rarely if ever shared with the public.

The O Se brothers abused a public platform to make tasteless jokes about Tyrone and covid. Anybody interested in the football over the weekend tuned in to hear what the experts had to say would hear that. Many people found the comments offensive.

If you can't see the difference then there's no point in trying to reason with you.

screenexile

Quote from: CK_Redhand on July 06, 2023, 05:30:10 PM
What's said on the pitch is between the players. However nasty it gets, it's rarely if ever shared with the public.

The O Se brothers abused a public platform to make tasteless jokes about Tyrone and covid. Anybody interested in the football over the weekend tuned in to hear what the experts had to say would hear that. Many people found the comments offensive.

If you can't see the difference then there's no point in trying to reason with you.

It was funny you lads need to lighten up!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: screenexile on July 06, 2023, 07:36:02 PM
Quote from: CK_Redhand on July 06, 2023, 05:30:10 PM

It was funny you lads need to lighten up!!

No it's awful a lot of those players that caught covid couldn't recover enough to play against Kerry, no wait, they did and Tyrone won, but the O'sheas are Cnuts  ;D

Wise up!