The Armagh Harps Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, November 10, 2006, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewanderer

poor display on sat nite need to up the anti big time for clans match. back on board candy good to see.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: rootthemout on September 07, 2009, 10:23:08 AM
Rufus couldnt get sat evening,but going by the report conan lennon had some game ;Dapart from being in nets he was scoring a goal from his kickout ;D

Thanks rootthemout - now sorted!  ;)

I can't believe someone actually read my report!!   :P

Rufus T Firefly

All Ireland Final Tickets

Please note that tickets for the All Ireland Final, from the Club, are likely to be severely limited.

If you wish to be considered for a ticket, please contact Tony Kelly or Jack O'Hare before 10.00 pm this Friday, 11th September.

Tony can be contacted at 07882668256 or by e-mail at,  tonyarmagh@hotmail.com

Contact Jacko at 07717731839 or by e-mail at, colmohare154@btinternet.com

Please note - no texts! 

Skiddybadoo

Don't forget tomorrow evening's (11th) celebration night in the Social Club for the 1980's squads which culminated in the championship win in '89.  All are welcome and it may prove the perfect prelude to our Champioship QF against 'Clans' on Saturday evening.

thewanderer

some old knobbley knees will be there. cant see them being fit for two nights running ? ps now that peadar has been begged back is there any truth in the rumour that egg has made himself available. after the great game for the b,s earlier this year egg wouldnt rule it out.

nutsy--1

we could do a lot worse he must have scored 4 or 5 points from play that match. All the best to the boys tomorrow night

winsamsoon

Should be a good game tommorrow night lads. You lads have been under performing big time all year imo and we are a team that is very much in transition. So really it has the potential to be a great game. As you know championship football is different and it can bring out the best in teams. Let's just hope the ref doesn't ruin it and the debate afterwards is not dominated by his decisions. Time will tell lads .
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: winsamsoon on September 11, 2009, 12:14:58 PM
Should be a good game tommorrow night lads. You lads have been under performing big time all year imo and we are a team that is very much in transition. So really it has the potential to be a great game. As you know championship football is different and it can bring out the best in teams. Let's just hope the ref doesn't ruin it and the debate afterwards is not dominated by his decisions. Time will tell lads .

Well, can honestly say it was entertaining but it ain't good for the ticker!!   :-\

A report of our Championship draw with Clans has been added to our website. Click on the link below to access it.

http://armaghharps.com/index.php?page=news-offers

ITS KAAAT

BerfArmagh

good report rufus. I thought young Lennon, harpo, Gill & peadar were the stand out players on the field, though we we wiped out in the middle of the park...!!! Bit worried about the collapse & lack of leaders on the park in the last 15 mins. With Joe Quigly & may kevin kelly to come into the side, if we sort out the middle we should win the replay. Refs decsiion to award the levelling free was scandalous.... that said we deserved all we got for letting them back into it. WHoever wins has a tough one against granemore in the semi.

RealSpiritof98

Dont know were this talk of joe returning to the team, hamstring is bad enough, will struggle to make semi date

Abble

Quote from: BerfArmagh on September 14, 2009, 03:23:00 PM
good report rufus. I thought young Lennon, harpo, Gill & peadar were the stand out players on the field, though we we wiped out in the middle of the park...!!! Bit worried about the collapse & lack of leaders on the park in the last 15 mins. With Joe Quigly & may kevin kelly to come into the side, if we sort out the middle we should win the replay. Refs decsiion to award the levelling free was scandalous.... that said we deserved all we got for letting them back into it. WHoever wins has a tough one against granemore in the semi.

berf I thought without charlie puttin his stamp on things in the last 15 we'd now be out, he wasn't his usual self last saturday night but when he could see clans sneaking back slowly he was the leader along with nippy. hopefully the strongest 15 line out in their strongest positions this fri night. that game would have shaken off a bit off rust among one or two.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Abble on September 15, 2009, 10:21:58 PM
hopefully the strongest 15 line out in their strongest positions this fri night. that game would have shaken off a bit off rust among one or two.

I would have much prepared to win last week than run the risk of getting beaten on Friday evening.

However if we were to get over this Friday, then the drawn game may indeed be a blessing in disguise, as some of our stronger players will have more opportunity to stake claims, and of course the 'rust' can be shaken off. It may also allow the side to build up a strong momentum towards the end of the Championship.   

BerfArmagh

whoever wins friday night, they have a tough assignment against granemore in the semi final

Rufus T Firefly

All Ireland Football Final Tickets

Please note that tickets for the above will be distributed in the Social Club this Thursday evening, 17th September, between 7.30 pm and 8.00 pm. Please note that these are limited to those members who submitted their names by the due date.

Please also note that tickets are extremely limited, and there is no guarantee that all those who submitted their names, will get a ticket.

Any tickets not collected at the time listed, may be given to another member on the list.

Please ensure this message is passed on.