The Armagh Harps Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, November 10, 2006, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: laughinpaddy on February 05, 2007, 11:49:57 AM
was talking to a few of the team yestarday after the match and by their accounts bonehead was pretty impresive in the first half winning a lot of ball around the middle, although his fitness and a slight injury he was carrying hindered him slightly in the 2nd half.  Dynsey when he came on was his usual lively self, although as expected he was a bit rusty.

Bonehead went to the States in the Summer of 2005 (I think), and prior to leaving he was playing wonder stuff. If he was back and firing on all cylinders, he would be a huge addition.

Great also to see Dynesy back - Shoot, Yorkie and Dynesy all quit when they all had so much more to offer.

Spiritof98

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on February 05, 2007, 07:24:46 PM
Quote from: laughinpaddy on February 05, 2007, 11:49:57 AM
was talking to a few of the team yestarday after the match and by their accounts bonehead was pretty impresive in the first half winning a lot of ball around the middle, although his fitness and a slight injury he was carrying hindered him slightly in the 2nd half.  Dynsey when he came on was his usual lively self, although as expected he was a bit rusty.

Bonehead went to the States in the Summer of 2005 (I think), and prior to leaving he was playing wonder stuff. If he was back and firing on all cylinders, he would be a huge addition.

Great also to see Dynesy back - Shoot, Yorkie and Dynesy all quit when they all had so much more to offer.

Dynesy stayed on another year than Shoot and Yorkie, so last year was his only year out, I think it was his empending fatherhood that the sebaticle was taken for, now with a year over him, i think there was talk of him joining the Darts team as well. ;) (we all like to get out sometimes)

Great to see him back
I'll go back if Marsdens back

Rufus T Firefly

A gentle reminder if I may that membership is due - it is possibly taking a back seat in the minds of some people with our race day coming up. Please remind any Harps people that you are talking to. Membership can be paid to Sean Powell at the Cluib or to any member of the Committee.

You can run, but you can't hide!   ;)

say nothin

Harps V Crossmaglen in the SFC :o

big hurdle!!!!!

Rufus T Firefly

Harps v Slaughtneil

Harps battled for a hard earned draw when they entertained Slaughtneil at Sherry's Field in Armagh at lunchtime on Saturday. Both sides fielded understrength teams in a match which was played in dry but cold conditions. Harps led for most of the game but Slaughtneil deservedly snatched a draw at the death after dominating the second half.

Harps started the game playing into the Callan Street goals, with whatever wind advantage was going. It was Slaughtneil however who attacked early but only had two wides for their efforts. Joe Quigley then opened the scoring with a point from a close in free. Both sides had a further wide, before a great Harps move left Minnie Holmes with a shooting chance, but he scuffed his shot into the keeper's hands. Harps were dominating play, but were guilty of dropping a number of shots short. Joe Quigley finished off another great move with a superb point from out on the left and Minnie added a point from close range. Slaughtneil had yet another wide before Smackers scored a great point from a quickly taken 'fifty'. Slaughtneil eventually opened their scoring with a lovely point from an acute angle from their full forward and added yet another wide. Harps returned to the attack and another great move cut open the Slaughtneil rearguard and Joe Quigley on the overlap finished expertly to the net. Simon Lennon confirmed Harps' superiority with an excellent left footed point, although Slaughtneil did end the half on a positive note with a long-range point from play.

Half time, Harps 1-05, Slaughtneil 0-02.

Harps made three changes at half time, with Dynesy, Liam Devlin and Matt Cartmill coming in for Darren Ward, Smackers and Ebby. The half started brightly for the Harps with a Dynesy point, but unbelievably this was to be our last score. Slaughtneil had two wides, with Joe Quigley having a wide in between for the Harps. Dynesy was then unlucky to be penalised for a square ball after finishing to the net. This was to be the Harps' last attack in anger. Slaughtneil had a point from their full forward, a further wide and a point from a free from their number thirteen. Gerard McDonagh was in for Harps and Jim Marley replaced Anthony McElmeel, but the pattern of the game was now set. The Slaughtneil number thirteen added another point, the visitors could only add several more wides. It looked as if they were going to pay for their profligacy, but they finished the match in a whirlwind of points, made up of two frees from their number thirteen, an excellent score from their midfielder (after some great fielding to win possession) and the equalising score from their number eleven.

Final score, Harps 1-06, Slaughtneil 0-09.

All in all, quite a useful exercise for the Harps with the opportunity taken to look at several of our younger players who will be pushing for inclusion this coming season. The Harps may feel that they were unlucky not to have won, given that they led for so long. However, on the other hand, Slaughtneil will feel that on the balance of play their dominance deserved at least a draw, as they may have had a comfortable win, but for some erratic shooting.

The Harps fielded as follows. Dingle Daly, Jungle McKee, Martin Gill, Liam McAuley, Chuckie Morris, Collie Holmes, Anthony McElmeel (Jim Marley), Simon Lennon 0-1, Martin McKenna, Harpo McKenna (Gerard McDonagh), Smackers McAnaney 0-1 (Liam Devlin), Ebby Toal (Matt Cartmill), Darren Ward (Paul Dynes 0-1), Minnie Holmes 0-1 and Joe Quigley 1-2 (0-1 free).

tyrone-r-shite

Does anyone have some up to date (and reliable) information on all of the transfer rumours going around? Im hearing so many varying accounts I dont know whats going on....
I've even had to join this Gaaboard craze to see if I can get any more info!!!!!!!

Spiritof98

Piss off - go bitch over a pint at the shambles.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

tyrone-r-shite

Its not bitching Spirit,
Just want to know why club has got itself into such a state (or is it all bullshit and there are no issues?)

p.s. your new found loyalty and strong defence of the club is somewhat confusing as you are someone who turned their back on the club not so long ago to go to Mullabrack (and later returned) ::)

laughinpaddy

your user name should be i talk shite.  Go onto another board and annoy others.  your unwitty humour ain't welcome.  As everyone knows Spirit is Harps to the core, and a valued member. as for the club in a state, well thats put it this way, Ha Ha. ;D
I ain't gettin on no plane!

tyrone-r-shite

I would hardly say being concerned about your club is unwitty humour.
As nobody is openly explaining, i assume that we are having all of the difficulties that are circulating. :'(

laughinpaddy

wot ever you say 'i talk shite' you obviously no so it must be true
I ain't gettin on no plane!

tyrone-r-shite

I dont know[. If I did then I would not be asking!
As you seem so cloak and dagger about it and are being so bitchy, I only hope that you are not a Harps man. Otherwise it is no wonder players want to find new clubs (as the rumours state) when current club members have attitudes like yours.

thewingedlady

I take it from the above's username that he's not the sharpest or wittiest about. Must be an ogs man. Tyrone-r-shite... Are you 12 or something?

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: tyrone-r-shite on February 15, 2007, 12:07:06 PM
As nobody is openly explaining, i assume that we are having all of the difficulties that are circulating. :'(

There are no 'difficulties' that I am aware of, and I am on the committee. There have been transfers, and I'm glad to say they are all transfers in!   8) 

Now then, more pressing matters if I may. Your use of the pronoun 'we' with reference to the Harps would suggest to me that you are a Harps man.

Can I assume that you have your membership paid?

sureyouwill

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on February 15, 2007, 08:26:09 PM
Quote from: tyrone-r-shite on February 15, 2007, 12:07:06 PM

There are no 'difficulties' that I am aware of, and I am on the committee. There have been transfers, and I'm glad to say they are all transfers in!   8) 

Now then, more pressing matters if I may. Your use of the pronoun 'we' with reference to the Harps would suggest to me that you are a Harps man.

Can I assume that you have your membership paid?

:D :D  And I thought my Da was bad when he doing this!