The Armagh Harps Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, November 10, 2006, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rufus T Firefly

Having difficulties with the Harps website. Dromintee report from last week thus put up. I'll try and get the Mullabawn report on here tomorrow.

Harps v Dromintee

Harps claimed what was only their second league win of the season, when they overcame Dromintee by three points, in a very exciting game in Abbey Park last night.

Harps attacked the dressing room goals in the first half and struck the first score of the game when Ebby Toal cut inside and pointed from twenty five yards. A further opportunity for a point was lost when Joe Quigley's free fell short in the square. Dromintee had a long range wide from their number five before they managed the equaliser through an excellent long range free from their number four. Harps though soon returned to the attack, and Joe Quigley notched a point from a free after Gerard McDonagh's run had been illegally stopped. Wides followed from Simon Lennon and Joe Quigley whilst Dromintee did not make the most of an opportunity, when a dangerous ball into the square drifted across goal and wide. Harps soon had the next score, Gerard McDonagh winning a brilliant Martin McCoy pass and scoring confidently from the angle. Another Dromintee wide followed, before Gerard McDonagh hit a shot that was a point from the moment it left his boot! At least that's what umpire Colm O'Hare thought, as he signalled the score too early. Unfortunately for the Harps, the shot actually tailed just wide. Dromintee added a point from play before Joe Quigley uncharacteristically had a free that went wide. Harps however received a let off themselves when Aidan O'Rourke's two long range efforts both drifted wide.

Half time, Harps 0-03, Dromintee 0-02.

Harps grabbed the early initiative in the second half. Joe Quigley was fouled out on the left and his free kick sailed between the posts. Dromintee had a wide before Minnie was fouled in an identical position to Joe's foul earlier, and once again there was an identical conclusion with Joe splitting the posts. Harps then struck for the only goal of the game. Ebby played a lovely ball in to Matthew Cartmill, and he in turn placed a pin point pass into the path of Martin McCoy who finished to the net from close range. Cathal O'Rourke was introduced into the game and he was to have a telling impact. Dromintee were awarded a soft enough free and Cathal O'Rourke chipped the free over. Another free quickly followed and the result was the same. From the kickout, Nippy fielded brilliantly, run forward and sent over a magnificent point from fifty five yards. Smackers came in for Matthew Cartmill in the attack, but Dromintee added another point from a  Cathal O'Rourke free. The ref then spotted an off the ball foul on Smackers and Joe once again pointed the free. Dromintee to their credit kept going and had yet another point from a Cathal O'Rourke free, this time from fifty five yards. Play was now switching from end to end. Minnie showed great ball control to make room for a point but Dromintee again responded with a  Cathal O'Rourke point from a free.  Cathal O'Rourke then showed he was human, with his first miss and Simon Lennon scored a great point on the run to put Harps four clear. Dromintee came back yet again. They won a fifty that Cathal O'Rourke pointed and then the same player got his first point from play – an excellent effort from an acute angle. When a third Dromintee point was added in as many minutes, this time from an overlapping half back, Harps supporters were anxiously looking at their watches. However Harps managed one last attack and Joe Quigley sent over a magnificent point to seal victory by three points.

Final score, Harps 1-10, Dromintee 0-10.

This was a great team performance from the Harps and fully merited the victory. There were great performances throughout the pitch but the displays of Jungle, Martin Gill, Minnie Holmes and Gerard McDonagh are especially worthy of mention. The Harps fielded as follows. Willie McSorley, Fergus McAleavey, Jungle McKee, Kevin Daly, Chuckie Morris, Martin Gill, Martin McCoy 1-0, Nippy Swift 0-1, Simon Lennon 0-1, Harpo McKenna, Minnie Holmes 0-1, Joe Quigley 0-5 (0-4 frees), Matthew Cartmill (Smackers McEneaney) Gerard McDonagh 0-1 and Ebby Toal 0-1.

bennydorano

Harps v Clans is now 12noon on Sunday.  B game off tonight.

fcuksake

Harps 1-10
Clan na Gael 0-11

;D
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

fcuksake

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 29, 2007, 08:20:47 PM
Quote from: illdecide on June 29, 2007, 08:45:19 AM
Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on June 28, 2007, 08:44:08 AM
Quote from: fcuksake on June 28, 2007, 12:02:20 AM
Harps would need to be taking max points this w/e to help ensure Div 1 status next year

It's probably a good time for u's to get the Clans. 

Lads don't forget we(Clans) need the points every bit as much as the Harps. A good win in the league would do, it's a pity having to play each other in the wrong end of the league.

Ah it's good enough for yous! How the mighty have fallen  :P

And who the fcuk are Silverbridge ???
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

stew

Quote from: fcuksake on July 01, 2007, 06:56:14 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 29, 2007, 08:20:47 PM
Quote from: illdecide on June 29, 2007, 08:45:19 AM
Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on June 28, 2007, 08:44:08 AM
Quote from: fcuksake on June 28, 2007, 12:02:20 AM
Harps would need to be taking max points this w/e to help ensure Div 1 status next year

It's probably a good time for u's to get the Clans. 

Lads don't forget we(Clans) need the points every bit as much as the Harps. A good win in the league would do, it's a pity having to play each other in the wrong end of the league.

Ah it's good enough for yous! How the mighty have fallen  :P

And who the fcuk are Silverbridge ???

A crowd of hallions from South Armagh who are Crossmaglen haters, they have a few excellent young footballers but they are a bit like Dromintee in that they cant win anything. ;D
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

pintsofguinness

lol chill fucksake i'm only joking, thought that was obvious from the smiley.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

stew

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 01, 2007, 08:52:24 PM
lol chill fucksake i'm only joking, thought that was obvious from the smiley.

Sliverbridge are young and they are getting better, they will be on a par with the harps soon the way they are going. ;)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Rufus T Firefly

Have to say I thought we were a tad fortunate to come away with a win today; a very important win at that. I didn;t hink anyone on our side had a great game, although the efforts of Nippy and Gerard McDonagh were most worthy of mention.

Still problems with the club site, so I'll get a report up here for today as well as last Sunday at Mullabawn

Long time dead

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on July 02, 2007, 12:00:42 AM
Have to say I thought we were a tad fortunate to come away with a win today; a very important win at that. I didn;t hink anyone on our side had a great game, although the efforts of Nippy and Gerard McDonagh were most worthy of mention.

Still problems with the club site, so I'll get a report up here for today as well as last Sunday at Mullabawn

Winner of the most up-to-date site of the year.  :D :D :D You would think the homepage at least could be changed!

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Long time dead on July 02, 2007, 07:58:39 AM

Winner of the most up-to-date site of the year.  :D :D :D You would think the homepage at least could be changed!

Hmmm........ This could be difficult.

Can I refer you to my line above, that you quoted me on, where you highlighted the text in bold?   ::)

Spiritof98

Wot time is the Minor game v the Ogs tonight. im finished at 8.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

Spiritof98

What a victory, the Harps turned a 15 point league defeat 3 weeks ago against their neighbours into a stunning Mick Higgins Cup victory last night in Abbey Park. Although the conditions were terrible the mid-board and Harps officials have to be commended for putting on a a great night for these lads with a superb programme and national anthem/flags etc.

The game itself was a pulsating affair with the point scoring of the highest order. Ultan Lennon had the game of his life in full fowards kicking some fantastic points from play and frees outside 50 yards. Coming out for the 2nd half the Harps led 8-4 but were stunned by two scrappy goals within the 1st 5 mins  the ogs added another 2 points from Ross Clarke leaving the score 0-8 to 2-6. The large Ogs crowd thought the lads playing into the Drumbreda end had it in the bag but unbelievably they never scored again. Points from Lennon and a monster point from McConville turned things around and Harps hung on the win by the minimum.

Great scenes at the end
I'll go back if Marsdens back

Long time dead

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on July 02, 2007, 01:05:19 PM

Can I refer you to my line above, that you quoted me on, where you highlighted the text in bold?   ::)

Ah sorry you were all having problems since January.  ::) ::) ::)  Good to see it sorted now.  :P

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Long time dead on July 03, 2007, 10:28:04 AM
Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on July 02, 2007, 01:05:19 PM

Ah sorry you were all having problems since January.  ::) ::) ::)  Good to see it sorted now.  :P

I haven't seen your own computer expertise offered...in a voluntary capacity of course!!   ::) 

Still and all - we'll settle just for membership at this stage!  ;)

bennydorano

B team plaing Madden at 7.30 not 8pm tomorrow night.  Playing the Ogs Saturday evening at 6.30pm, both games in Abbey Pk.