The Armagh Harps Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, November 10, 2006, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

topgun

yes understand that but should these young lads be subjected to in unlikely event of 16 players heading to the bridge and killeavey etc and getting the sh** kicked out of them.
a prophet is not recognised by his own

Uladh

Topgun,

all b teams are made up of young fellas nowadays. the all county aspect of the b league will make for a higher quality competition but the logistics of b teams travelling the length and breadth of the county on weeknights might be the downfall of what is a well intentioned development.

topgun

uladh, i agree that the intentions are good, and to improve as a footballer you need to test urself against higher quality opposition, but imo the way forward is to create a reserve league with matches being played on the same day as the senior team, for example if all teams in their respective leagues/ divisions have two games on a sunday ie harps reserve team play their counterparts from crossmaglen at 1pm and the seniors play at 2 30pm, this imo would raise the standard of  football within each club and across the county, lord knows something has to be done.
a prophet is not recognised by his own

bennydorano

From what I have heard the format of the All county B league is, Top 4 from North, Mid & South, teams 1 & 3 and 2 & 4 from each section are split into 2 groups leaving 2 groups of 6. Each team has 5 games, I'd assume top 2 from each section play in semis.  Games start Wed 18th July and will continue on successive Wed nights.  If they stick to the time table it should be ok, but we all know the realities of B football.

harps2002champs

benny does that table include the result from the mullabrack game??

bennydorano

illdecide

Have you's heard if the clans game on Friday has been switched to Sunday??
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Spiritof98

I dont think so, Harps already have a game for Sunday, although not 100% sure.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

bennydorano

Harps have 2 games this weekend, Cullaville and Clans.  I think the Clans has been moved to Sunday alright with Cullaville at home on Friday night.

laughinpaddy

yeah culloville friday at 8 Clans sunday evening at 7!
I ain't gettin on no plane!

fcuksake

Harps would need to be taking max points this w/e to help ensure Div 1 status next year
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: fcuksake on June 28, 2007, 12:02:20 AM
Harps would need to be taking max points this w/e to help ensure Div 1 status next year

It's probably a good time for u's to get the Clans. 

illdecide

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on June 28, 2007, 08:44:08 AM

Lads don't forget we(Clans) need the points every bit as much as the Harps. A good win in the league would do, it's a pity having to play each other in the wrong end of the league.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Candyman

Harps V Culloville is OFF 2nite, but play Clans as expected on sunday @7pm!

pintsofguinness

Quote from: illdecide on June 29, 2007, 08:45:19 AM
Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on June 28, 2007, 08:44:08 AM

Lads don't forget we(Clans) need the points every bit as much as the Harps. A good win in the league would do, it's a pity having to play each other in the wrong end of the league.

Ah it's good enough for yous! How the mighty have fallen  :P

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?