The Armagh Harps Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, November 10, 2006, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rufus T Firefly

Just to mention a few dates coming up that may be of interest.

70s Night in the Club - Saturday 18th November (organised by the Ladies Football Team)

Harps Annual Mass - St Malachys Chapel - Thursday 23rd November 7.30 pm

AGM - Monday 27th November (* Please note that Nomination/Motions Forms are available from the Club - these must be submitted by Friday 24th november at the latest.)

Presentation Night - Saturday 9th December in the Club

Race Day - Fairyhouse - Saturday 10th March
:)

Rufus T Firefly

Just a reminder to Harps punters here that the Annual Mass in memory of deceased members is in St Malachys tonight at 7.30pm.

Spiritof98

Rufus, can you shed any light on the U-21 fixture with the Nab.

Just waiting on the county board????
I'll go back if Marsdens back

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Spiritof98 on November 23, 2006, 11:31:08 AM
Rufus, can you shed any light on the U-21 fixture with the Nab.

Just waiting on the county board????

I would assume Spirit that it might have to take a back seat until the Nab are out of the Ulster Club - and that might come quicker than expected if the noises emanating from Danny Murphy are anything to go by!  :o

Rufus T Firefly

AGM held in the Club tonight. Crowd was about par for the course over recent years; 45-50. Good though to see a few new younger faces at what would be (I would guess) their first AGM.

James Clifford as Chair kept a tight rein on the schedule and it was over by 10.20pm.  :)

Most officers returned unopposed and good to see several new faces on the Committee.

For the record;

Chairman - James Clifford,
Vice Chairman - John Rath
Acting Secretary - Colm O'Hare
Assistant Secretary - Colm O'Hare
Treasurer - Kieran Grimley
Assistant Treasurer - Conor Moore
Youth Officer - Paul McKenna
Registrar - Art McGinn

Committee; Pearse Dynes, Paul Rath, Eugen Fagan, Phil McGinn, Simon Clarke, Malachy Geraghty, Mick McKenna, Paula Powell, Leo Duffy, Gerry Cauldwell, Martin McKenna, Martin Gill and Brenda Gill.

By the way, thanks to Randal for phoning me on the mobile when I was making my report to the meeting!  :o

By the way - I don't get out too often - just heard, congratulations to Say Nothin and the wife after their recent addition. Welcome to my world kid!  ;) Hope everyone is keeping well! 

say nothin

cheers rufus, had to leave AGM early. babysitting >:(

thanks for the update :-X

I thought randal was standing for chairman ???

Orior

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on November 27, 2006, 11:31:46 PM
By the way, thanks to Randal for phoning me on the mobile when I was making my report to the meeting! 

Classic!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Orior on November 28, 2006, 12:23:24 AM
Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on November 27, 2006, 11:31:46 PM
By the way, thanks to Randal for phoning me on the mobile when I was making my report to the meeting! 

Classic!

I know Orior - is nothing sacred?  ::)

Don't forget two important dates coming up;

Presentation Night - Saturday 9th December in the Club

Race Day - Fairyhouse - Saturday 10th March

Book your place at the bar early for the presentation night as Pup Clarke says he will have some great stories from the eighties to regale us with!  :'(

Conor Moore is taking money now for the Day at the Races - anyone who has paid 25 pounds by the end of this month will be entered into a free draw - a similar draw will take place at the end of December for those with 50 pounds paid and so on up to February and 100 pounds submitted.

Spiritof98

I Have £40  paid to a local Publican already, will I get in the free draw,   :P

fairs fair All going to the same place.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

bennydorano

Message from our esteemed Club registrar

Please note that the Under 21 Championship match against Ballymacnab, this week-end, has been put back to this Sunday morning, 3rd December. The match has an 11.30am throw in at Abbey Park. Please pass the word on.

blueskinn

be interesting to see what shape the boys turn up in!

isnt there a 21st the night before?

harps2002champs

party or no party they will be fit to play, just cause theres a party doesnt mean theyll be drinking

blueskinn

WHO ARE U KIDDING!!! THEY AINT THE BUCKFAST BOYS FOR NOTHING

harps2002champs

u call urself a harpsman???? ur a joke, bet your one of these arseh0les that do nothing but slag off the players, why dont u get behind them for a change????

Armagh Cúchulainns

The 21st in the camp has been postponed with good cause until sunday night.

Should make for a good game on sunday
Its all about the Hurling.