Is the earlier Championship a success or failure?

Started by full moon, May 07, 2022, 12:15:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earlier Championship

Success
60 (38%)
Failure
65 (41.1%)
Too early to say
33 (20.9%)

Total Members Voted: 158

clonian

Quote from: thewobbler on April 04, 2024, 10:35:52 AMWhat a buffoon he is.

Left to their own devices we'd have blue on blue and red on maroon every week. Horrible to play in. Horrible to watch.

If it was up to me, every club and county in Ireland would have an all white away kit, and would wear it every time they play away.

Any club or county that plays predominantly in white would just have to wind their necks in an accept that this is for the greater good.

All white will go down well with the mammies doing the washing.

I got ridiculed on twitter last year for saying there was a colour clash in the Ulster final. Derry should of been wearing white too.

Armagh18

Quote from: clonian on April 08, 2024, 04:41:54 PM

Left to their own devices we'd have blue on blue and red on maroon every week. Horrible to play in. Horrible to watch.

If it was up to me, every club and county in Ireland would have an all white away kit, and would wear it every time they play away.

Any club or county that plays predominantly in white would just have to wind their necks in an accept that this is for the greater good.

I got ridiculed on twitter last year for saying there was a colour clash in the Ulster final. Derry should of been wearing white too.
It was fine at the game I thought but remember watching highlights after and there was definitely a clash on tv.

clonian

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 08, 2024, 04:58:25 PM

It was fine at the game I thought but remember watching highlights after and there was definitely a clash on tv.
I was thinking after it was it as bad on the screen with Down and Armagh?

County football has to be seen as a product to view and if you can't easily spot the difference between 2 teams that's bad. Soccer and rugby are now starting to make colourblind clashes change - like Ireland and Wales. I can understand some clubs not having a change kit but at county level it should be worked out well in advance.

AustinPowers

Quote from: clonian on April 08, 2024, 05:17:16 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on April 08, 2024, 04:58:25 PM

I was thinking after it was it as bad on the screen with Down and Armagh?

County football has to be seen as a product to view and if you can't easily spot the difference between 2 teams that's bad. Soccer and rugby are now starting to make colourblind clashes change - like Ireland and Wales. I can understand some clubs not having a change kit but at county level it should be worked out well in advance.

Absolutely. Armagh Derry was a hard watch , colourwise

A different colour of shorts for one team   doesn't make it any easier. Both  need to change  shirts

seafoid

Eire90

burns suggested that all county championships should have or recommended to have same format.

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

How many were at the Club Rugger Finals in Aviva today?

Edit 7,768.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM