Guess the Sindo Headline

Started by mylestheslasher, October 14, 2011, 10:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/eoghan-harris-s-secret-account-was-discovered-as-a-result-of-poll-data-1.4558758?mode=ampI

It is understood Harris's involvement in the account, which used the handle @barbarapym2, came to light last weekend as the Sunday Independent prepared to published the results of a poll it had commissioned on a united Ireland.

Harris was given the results of the poll ahead of publication. Shortly afterwards, details appeared on the Pym account. Management approached Harris and he admitted contributing to the account. This account was confirmed by Harris to The Irish Times on Friday.

Harris told The Irish Times he thought the poll results were in the public domain at the time that the Pym account shared them.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

imtommygunn

That story is bonkers. There really should be more made of it.

Milltown Row2

My youngest wants to do journalism at college, fixated on it and reading this thread would put me off encouraging her to do it.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Main Street

I´d say she would be extremely discouraged after finding out that MR2 was her Dad.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Main Street on May 08, 2021, 09:58:46 PM
I´d say she would be extremely discouraged after finding out that MR2 was her Dad.

On the whiskey tonight?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 08, 2021, 09:56:21 PM
My youngest wants to do journalism at college, fixated on it and reading this thread would put me off encouraging her to do it.
The Sindo isn't journalism.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

grounded

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on May 08, 2021, 10:22:02 PM

In general

Itchy

Quote from: seafoid on May 08, 2021, 10:22:02 PM

Where is "journalism ", the utter shit far outweighs the good journalists

grounded

For anyone who missed Harris's drivetime meltdown!  Here is the Musical version!

https://mobile.twitter.com/BigDirtyFry/status/1391148467112890374

' Eoghan, would you stop the nonsense '  ;D

armaghniac

Quote from: grounded on May 08, 2021, 10:54:41 PM
For anyone who missed Harris's drivetime meltdown!
https://mobile.twitter.com/BigDirtyFry/status/1391148467112890374

' Eoghan, would you stop the nonsense '  ;D

McInerney sometimes is a bit enthuasistic and interrupts speakers etc, but the good sense to let Harris rant away.

meanwhile, Harris' scriptwriting students recall his style

"He once screamed at us for 2 hours. He was literally foaming at the mouth. Most of it not really relevant."

"all this lectures were like cheese induced dreams can't believe they actually happened in real life"

"I stopped going to his classes after he literally scrunched up my script & threw it in my face & declared "the cleaning women" had more right to be there than me. Multilevel obnoxiousness. He stopped going himself a few weeks later cuz he was having trouble with his Hitler script"

"he was far and away the worst screenwriting tutor I have ever encountered or heard of in the 20 plus years since. Aristotelian horseshit."

"He spent one class saying how "fat women" (his words) should wear tight clothes. Such a p***k."

"I was one of three women in my class and he would often gesture to one of us when spouting wild generalisations about women. And some lads in the class got a kick out of that. Fun stuff."

"Or until you've been verbally abused by him (In public) for trying to explain to him why you're not attending said class! A dangerous narcissist who should never have been allowed to teach undergrads."

"Met him for coffee once, to discuss a script. I can only describe it as hallucinatory and unhelpful."

"I had him as a 'screenwriter' lecturer too. His first words to us as he stormed into the room were "I'm a Neocon! GET OVER IT!" He then spent two hours raging about provos and insisting that in this world you're either an Aristotelian or a Platonist.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Angelo

Quote from: grounded on May 09, 2021, 10:58:00 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/sean_murray1/status/1391488467813679104?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1391488467813679104%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

There is a lot more mileage in this story.

It just confirms what any reasonable and balanced person knows. There is an orchestrated campaign by MSM in the FS to denigrate SF at every opportunity, this is directed by or at the very least facilitated by RTE/Indo/Times.

Then you have eejits like this fella on here pretending it's all a conspiracy theory..

Quote from: Hound on April 15, 2021, 12:05:06 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on April 15, 2021, 11:42:26 AM
If you think that the establishment parties do not get a much easier time of it compared to SF from the media you are deluded.
That's not what I said.

But there have been comments on this thread that FF and FG don't get criticised and that SF suffer only criticism.

In my opinion, the vast majority of people who hold this conspiracy theory of a view don't read the Irish Times and they don't watch current affairs programmes on RTE or TV3/Virgin, they don't watch Mary Lou being interviewed regularly on the Six-One news.

Instead they get their information from people who show them an instance of a SFer getting a hard time and/or an instance of someone from FG or FF getting a seemingly easy ride, and then they take that as carte blanche that FF and FG never get criticised! It's nonsense.
SF love supporters love this conspiracy. Us against the establishment.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

imtommygunn

That whole thing with twitter is absolutely bonkers.

mouview

Quote from: Angelo on May 10, 2021, 09:42:14 AM
Quote from: grounded on May 09, 2021, 10:58:00 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/sean_murray1/status/1391488467813679104?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1391488467813679104%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

There is a lot more mileage in this story.

It just confirms what any reasonable and balanced person knows. There is an orchestrated campaign by MSM in the FS to denigrate SF at every opportunity, this is directed by or at the very least facilitated by RTE/Indo/Times.

Then you have eejits like this fella on here pretending it's all a conspiracy theory..

Quote from: Hound on April 15, 2021, 12:05:06 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on April 15, 2021, 11:42:26 AM
If you think that the establishment parties do not get a much easier time of it compared to SF from the media you are deluded.
That's not what I said.

But there have been comments on this thread that FF and FG don't get criticised and that SF suffer only criticism.

In my opinion, the vast majority of people who hold this conspiracy theory of a view don't read the Irish Times and they don't watch current affairs programmes on RTE or TV3/Virgin, they don't watch Mary Lou being interviewed regularly on the Six-One news.

Instead they get their information from people who show them an instance of a SFer getting a hard time and/or an instance of someone from FG or FF getting a seemingly easy ride, and then they take that as carte blanche that FF and FG never get criticised! It's nonsense.
SF love supporters love this conspiracy. Us against the establishment.

When you have jackasses like Cullinane singing 'Up the Ra' on the night he is re-elected, can you blame them? What message does that send out to the wider world? That 'official Ireland' is tolerant of terrorist-supporting politicians?