Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

on the sideline

Quote from: Tyrone95 on September 19, 2017, 11:39:42 PM
Personally I thought it would of been moved to a floodlit game in Omagh at a later time on Sunday. A tight Pomeroy pitch should suit Carmen better against an athletic and youthful errigal team tho. Need all the luck we can get for Sunday.

Pomeroy is not a tight pitch!

on the sideline

Quote from: Rois on September 19, 2017, 10:14:08 PM
If you're from Errigal and 5 of your neighbours have a chance of winning an All Ireland medal, you might want to go and support them yourself. It's not about what's the biggest crowd puller, it is about respecting both the men and ladies of that club enough to compromise.

One of the Errigal ladies was PRO for the (joint) club last year - she pulls her weight in ways that many spectators wouldn't, and yet that counts for nothing.

This has made me really cross.

It's very poor form on behalf of the ccc to have fixed these games on the same day as the ladies All Ireland Final in the first place. Worse still that they are refusing to budge on the matter.  Regardless what anyone says on the number of supporters going to Dublin it is Tyrone playing in an All Ireland Final and there should have been no fixtures made for the same day as that game, certainly not championship fixtures where club members and indeed family's are being asked to choose between which child/brother/sister to go and watch or support. That in itself is inexcusable imo. There seems to be next to no liaison between the men and ladies county board when it comes to the scheduling of championship matches in particular - surely it would stand to sense for them to get in touch to avoid clashes like we're seeing here and have already seen a few weeks ago with the ladies county final.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: skeog on September 19, 2017, 10:20:16 PM
Armagh Tv showing game for a fiver tomorrow night.

I hope Fearon isn't commentating

square_ball

What's the quality like on the Armagh TV? Might save me a trip to the Athletic Grounds!

Legoman5

Tyrone Gaa can forget about trying to promote and expand ladies football after this weekend anyway!
I really do think clubs should come together and completely boycott Garavghy, stop the yearly payments, sponsors pull out and let them feel the wrath of wear it hits them hardest and thats in the pocket!!

Club boi

Legoman5 and Rois - Are you's heading to Croke Park Sunday??

redhandefender

Quote from: Legoman5 on September 20, 2017, 08:39:35 AM
Tyrone Gaa can forget about trying to promote and expand ladies football after this weekend anyway!
I really do think clubs should come together and completely boycott Garavghy, stop the yearly payments, sponsors pull out and let them feel the wrath of wear it hits them hardest and thats in the pocket!!

Firstly, its about respect more than anything not about who is going and who isn't. The County Board should be making a statement to young fellas coming up in respect of how women should be treated equally. What they have done is the complete opposite.

The comment above is stupid and unhelpful, you don't go the north korea route and hit the nuclear button as gaelic in the county as a whole would be hurt. You are always yapping about garvaghey.

It appears too late to move now but an apology from the CB would help and an indication or commitment that this won't be allowed to happen again. I would not be going to croker on Sunday but I certainly will watch on tv

Localexpert

Quote from: the goal was on on September 19, 2017, 11:24:54 PM
I thought it was Dublin and mayo in ladies final!

Jesus you're right I thought they were in the actual final but it's just intermediate so even more so to go ahead with the more important matches at home with the bigger demand.... can't ruin the weekend of the many to satisfy a few....

Legoman5

Quote from: Club boi on September 20, 2017, 09:25:11 AM
Legoman5 and Rois - Are you's heading to Croke Park Sunday??

No,not now, as Ive no immediate family playing firstly, I had intended too go but this bulls**t call has forced me to miss it now, Ive been to all the senior championship matches this year and for many many years and wont be missing them as I love going to them..
Other than that id be going to Croker

the goal was on

Just seen the price of tickets! 25 euros!

longballin

Quote from: Localexpert on September 20, 2017, 11:20:15 AM
Quote from: the goal was on on September 19, 2017, 11:24:54 PM
I thought it was Dublin and mayo in ladies final!

Jesus you're right I thought they were in the actual final but it's just intermediate so even more so to go ahead with the more important matches at home with the bigger demand.... can't ruin the weekend of the many to satisfy a few....

so do you feel same about intermediate club here as well? thats why this county is going down the tubes... all the elitism

Under Lights

While sky water about Armagh today  :-\ :-\ :-\

driveherin

Ardboe V Omagh in Athletics grounds in doubt due to rainfall.... embarrassing...

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: driveherin on September 20, 2017, 02:08:04 PM
Ardboe V Omagh in Athletics grounds in doubt due to rainfall.... embarrassing...

I'm not sure there would be a pitch in Tyrone that wouldn't be in the same position given the rainfall today.  Obviously Omagh isn't an option because it would create a home fixture but I would say if the rain continues Omagh's Friday nights fixtures could be in doubt.  Omagh has a poor history when it comes to rainfall related postponements
Living the dream!!!

paddyjohn

Quote from: driveherin on September 20, 2017, 02:08:04 PM

Aye, you'd think the rain would have a word with itself.