Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bridgegael

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 15, 2024, 09:14:09 AMI don't think IT band syndrome would cause swelling - it would cause you the pain right enough. Just to double check - what's the status of your shoes?

Strengthening would be more round your glute med so the band stuff MR says there would help.

Marathon is the June bank holiday weekend.  When I started out on my run yesterday, it did go through my head that my runners were done. Would this be part of the problem?? 
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bridgegael on April 15, 2024, 09:30:36 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on April 15, 2024, 09:14:09 AMI don't think IT band syndrome would cause swelling - it would cause you the pain right enough. Just to double check - what's the status of your shoes?

Strengthening would be more round your glute med so the band stuff MR says there would help.

Marathon is the June bank holiday weekend.  When I started out on my run yesterday, it did go through my head that my runners were done. Would this be part of the problem?? 

Depending on the shoe, 400 miles is plenty and then change, keep them for farting about but for benefit change them ..

June should (depending on actual injury) give ya plenty of time, 5 weeks of slow low mileage running while getting over the injury and few long runs beforehand! 
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bridgegael

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 15, 2024, 11:26:22 AM
Quote from: bridgegael on April 15, 2024, 09:30:36 AM

Depending on the shoe, 400 miles is plenty and then change, keep them for farting about but for benefit change them ..

June should (depending on actual injury) give ya plenty of time, 5 weeks of slow low mileage running while getting over the injury and few long runs beforehand! 

Was planning on changing shoes this week as would have been on 350/400 miles on them, but yesterday was first time I noticed they felt different.  That's good to hear that (if it's this injury) that I can do some running on it. I was thinking maybe it's a 6 week rest from running, which would be a disaster for the marathon. Cheers men. See what physio says tomorrow night.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

andoireabu

Anybody ever done one of the Quest adventure races?
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

imtommygunn

Runners can be a big factor with ITB so definitely worth pursuing that avenue minimum.

I still do wonder whether it is ITB as I have had it(though not to that degree) and it has never caused swelling. Physio better placed to answer that.

Never heard of the quest series...

Even if you have to take time off try to substitute longer stuff etc with cross training. You can substitute a right bit with cycling or cross training. Not the same but would be a massive help in the event of any layoff.

andoireabu

Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!