Our Wee country fans plan to Wreck Avivia stadium

Started by Peter Solan the Great, July 30, 2010, 05:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myles Na G.

Quote from: maddog on August 02, 2010, 10:36:51 AM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on August 02, 2010, 06:15:20 AM
Quote from: ardal on August 01, 2010, 09:53:59 PM
Not that much into soccer, but from reading this thread, I understand that the IFA are the lads in the north and the FAI are the lads in the south. Now if I've got this right so far, would I be correct that IFA stand for "Irish football association?" If so ,should FIFA not demand that all eligible members of the IFA; players and officials,  have / hold proof of their Irishness eg a passport
1.Your post implies that there's only one brand of Irish on the island.
2. How would you have members of the Scottish and Welsh Associations prove their Scottishness and Welshness?
::)

How many brands of Irish are there on the island ?
Two main ones - native Irish and Irish of planter stock.

Puckoon

Hardy

Not that much into soccer, but from reading this thread, I understand that the IFA are the lads in the north and the FAI are the lads in the south. Now if I've got this right so far, would I be correct that IFA stand for "Irish football association?" If so ,should FIFA not demand that all eligible members of the IFA; players and officials,  have / hold proof of their Irishness eg a passport
2. How would you have members of the Scottish and Welsh Associations prove their Scottishness and Welshness?

Let's see ...

Jameson,
Paddy
Bushmills,
Powers ...

Main Street

I pity the poor alienated nationalist
Who wishes he would've stayed home.

Rav67

The hatred, or as Myles terms it "emotion", being spouted by NI fans certainly isn't going to encourage nationalists to turn out for Our Wee Country.

red hander

Quote from: Rav67 on August 02, 2010, 05:54:15 PM
The hatred, or as Myles terms it "emotion", being spouted by NI fans certainly isn't going to encourage nationalists to turn out for Our Wee Country.

Nor would death threats if you were the captain and had just signed for Celtic ... the scum responsible for that must have been very "emotional" indeed

Feckitt

The OWC lads could have had a brand spanking new stadium just like the Aviva, but they didn't want it for two main reasons.

1. Didn't want to share it with kefflicks.
2. 'How am I going to get to Lisburn an back?  It's bloody miles away'

Now all they have is their shitty wee hovel, which suits their needs anyway.

They won't wreck the Aviva, they're all just full of shit.

nifan

Quote1. Didn't want to share it with kefflicks.

Absolute nonsense

Orior

Quote from: Hardy on August 02, 2010, 05:29:38 PM

Let's see ...

Jameson,
Paddy
Bushmills,
Powers ...

Stay out of this Hardy, lol.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

stibhan

Quote from: nifan on August 02, 2010, 10:16:21 PM
Quote1. Didn't want to share it with kefflicks.

Absolute nonsense

They certainly didn't want to share it with the GAA, which it has to be said must have been unpalatable for at least a small section of their support on account of the religion which 'pervades' in that organisation. I think the original post was tongue-in-cheek, though.

MW

Quote from: 45 metres on August 01, 2010, 09:33:02 PM
What a threat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :D

Norn Iron soccer fans would not have the guts to try and cause chaos in the Aviva or any stadium except their own dingy shithole in Windsor Park as they would not know any better thinking Stormont would bail them out. Combat 18 they are not. They are not so big when they don't have the RUC around them or loyalist housing estates. Nah, when there is a few hundred of them surrounded by 'beggars', the Guards and with a surrounding area not loyal to them they will shit their underpants once they are getting their heads cracked open by a few night sticks from the guards or worse if a load of southern supporters got to them. And what a wonderful scene for the TV cameras around the world it would be of the IFA who would then be kicked out of Euro and World Cup tournaments. The only thing their fans would then start to mope even more about is when Cameron and Clegg tells Buff Sammy that they won't be 'sponging' off the English any more.

All mouth and no balls the lot of them. If they really did have any, the Poles would have thrown it right back at them.

Foaming-at-the-mouth prejudiced tossers aren't limited to one website then eh.

A pox on such mindsets, I say.

MW

Irishness = citizenship of the Republic of Ireland?

stibhan

Quote from: MW on August 03, 2010, 12:06:25 AM

Norn Iron soccer fans would not have the guts to try and cause chaos in the Aviva or any stadium except their own dingy shithole in Windsor Park as they would not know any better thinking Stormont would bail them out. Combat 18 they are not. They are not so big when they don't have the RUC around them or loyalist housing estates. Nah, when there is a few hundred of them surrounded by 'beggars', the Guards and with a surrounding area not loyal to them they will shit their underpants once they are getting their heads cracked open by a few night sticks from the guards or worse if a load of southern supporters got to them. And what a wonderful scene for the TV cameras around the world it would be of the IFA who would then be kicked out of Euro and World Cup tournaments. The only thing their fans would then start to mope even more about is when Cameron and Clegg tells Buff Sammy that they won't be 'sponging' off the English any more.

All mouth and no balls the lot of them. If they really did have any, the Poles would have thrown it right back at them.

Foaming-at-the-mouth prejudiced t**sers aren't limited to one website then eh.

Admirable sentiments. Then again, it appears that people registering for a sports discussion board with no desire to discuss that sport are indeed limited to our 'visitors' from ourweepartition.

MW

Quote from: stibhan on August 03, 2010, 12:52:05 AM

Admirable sentiments. Then again, it appears that people registering for a sports discussion board with no desire to discuss that sport are indeed limited to our 'visitors' from ourweepartition.

Doubt it.

I'm not on OWC, by thewAY :)

stibhan

Quote from: MW on August 03, 2010, 09:15:13 PM
Quote from: stibhan on August 03, 2010, 12:52:05 AM

Doubt it.

I'm not on OWC, by thewAY :)

I was referring to our friend Myles. Even Tony Fearon, our chief export (unlike the Danes with Carlsberg, we love to see him leave), is a proponent of soccer rather than Peile.