The Armagh Harps Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, November 10, 2006, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: sureyouwill on February 15, 2007, 08:40:48 PM
Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on February 15, 2007, 08:26:09 PM
Quote from: tyrone-r-shite on February 15, 2007, 12:07:06 PM
I would hardly say being concerned about your club is unwitty humour.
As nobody is openly explaining, i assume that we are having all of the difficulties that are circulating. :'(

There are no 'difficulties' that I am aware of, and I am on the committee. There have been transfers, and I'm glad to say they are all transfers in!   8) 

Now then, more pressing matters if I may. Your use of the pronoun 'we' with reference to the Harps would suggest to me that you are a Harps man.

Can I assume that you have your membership paid?

:D :D  And I thought my Da was bad when he doing this!

Your da was absolutely hectic! I learnt so much from him!  ;D

And just when you're there sureyouwill, I do not see an entry in the membership record, where the row marked 'sureyouwill' meets the column marked '2007'!?!?!  ::)  Please make contact as a matter of urgency to resolve this difficulty!  ;)

tyrone-r-shite

As you are on senior ranking club member rufus maybe you could direct some of the revenue raised from membership fees to the county board as the club owe county board £10,000 for not paying for registration over the last few years and are in danger of being booted out of the league!
-bit rich chasing people for money when club doesnt pay its own debts. ::)

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: tyrone-r-shite on February 15, 2007, 12:07:06 PM
I would hardly say being concerned about your club is unwitty humour.
As nobody is openly explaining, i assume that we are having all of the difficulties that are circulating. :'(

Concern for one's Club - how touching - and it must be true, you've talked about 'we'.   ::)

Quote from: tyrone-r-shite on February 17, 2007, 05:45:14 PM

As you are on senior ranking club member rufus maybe you could direct some of the revenue raised from membership fees to the county board as the club owe county board £10,000 for not paying for registration over the last few years and are in danger of being booted out of the league!
-bit rich chasing people for money when club doesnt pay its own debts. ::)

Hmm - and for your next post you choose to make false and unsubstantiated claims about your Club, on this, a public forum!?!?  ::)

I tell you what horse - make sure you keep that pseudonym - I can think of one part of it that is accurate!   ;)

tyrone-r-shite

Rufus, it is all fact. Im sure that you know this also. But maybe that is typical of the committee - bury heads in sand.
"transfers in" what about the requests to leave??
Also very strange that transfer requests handed in before christmas were mysteriously ignored and club publicly stated that there were no transfer requests??????
Also transfers that were rejected by committee were not forwarded to next county board meeting (whch is protocol), would the club be trying to sabotage players chances of kicking ball elsewhere with these pathetic delaying tactics? ???

stew

Tyrone r shite, if you have an issue you would like to take up with the committee then ask to be heard at a meeting otherwise shut the fcuk up on this board you stupid bastard!!!!!

This board is not a forum for slandering the good name of GAA clubs and if you had any gumption you would know that.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Rufus T Firefly

Just a few things to mention briefly;

• Good luck to the Seniors tomorrow in Belfast - they are playing away to St Pauls in the Ulster League - the match has a one o'clock throw in
  • Don't forget the Harps' Race Day coming up - March 10th at Fairyhouse - tickets still available
  • Membership is now due - this can be paid to any committee member or at the bar in the Social Club!

Rufus T Firefly

St Pauls v Harps

Harps suffered their second defeat on the road, when they went down by three points to St Pauls in Belfast yesterday. Despite this, the Harps can take many positives from a match in which they played patches of great football. The team appeared to run out of steam as the match wore on, with the winning score of the game – a St Paul's goal – coming in injury time.

Harps opened the match making the early running and soon took the lead with a Joe Quigley point after a great move down the left. Attacks from St Pauls were repelled by some good defensive play from Simon Lennon and Liam McAuley and when Harps returned to the attack, Minnie Holmes fed Joe Quigley – who was playing brilliant stuff - for his second point. St Pauls managed to knock over two quick points to equalise, but this served to spur Harps on to greater efforts. Harps domination in this period was rewarded with some great scores; many as the result of some great build up play. Smackers pointed after being found with a quickly taken free and Joe Quigley added a point after good interplay with Ebby. Kevin Daly broke up a St Pauls' attack and advanced across half way. His pass found Ebby, who in turn fed Harpo for another point. It was all Harps at this stage. Simon Lennon had a point after good play from Chuckie, Harpo and Gerard McDonagh and Ebbie got a deserved point after clever play between Minnie and Harpo. St Pauls did return to the attack and were denied by some great defending from Simon Lennon and Collie Holmes, although they did manage a point from a close in free. This however was cancelled out with a point from a Joe Quigley free after Dynesy was fouled.

Half time, St Pauls 0-03, Harps 0-08.

It is likely that St Pauls were on the receiving end of an ear bashing from their manager at half time as they started the second half in a much more determined fashion. They had two quick points – one a huge 55 yard free – but Harps responded with another Joe Quigley point after an excellent move. Play at this stage was end to end, and Jungle McKee was showing well in our defence. There were though ominous signs that Harps were beginning to tire. St Pauls began to dominate and notched a further two points, primarily due to bad marking in our defence. Harps were struggling at this stage, but did manage a rare attack which produced a point from the excellent Joe Quigley. St Pauls though had the bit between their teeth and could sense the game for the taking and in the closing stages added four points in a row to take the lead for the first time. Harps managed to lift themselves for one last effort and Joe Quigley looked to have got Harps a share of the spoils after he pointed a close in free after Harpo was fouled. However this was to be all in vain. St Pauls broke through the centre of the defence in injury time, and an angled shot crashed off the Harps' crossbar. Unfortunately the rebound fell to a free attacker and he made no mistake, blasting the ball home from close range, to win the game for St Pauls by three points.

Final score, St Pauls 1-11, Harps 0-11.

As stated, although this match ultimately resulted in defeat, the Harps can take heart from what was a good overall team performance, and can point possibly to lack of fitness, at what is an early stage in the season, as the reason for falling away as the match wore on.

The Harps lined out as follows. Dingle Daly, Jungle McKee, Martin Gill, Liam McAuley, Chuckie Morris, Collie Holmes, Kevin Daly, Simon Lennon 0-1, Minnie Holmes, Harpo McKenna 0-1, Smackers McAnaney 0-1, Joe Quigley 0-7 (0-2 frees), Gerard McDonagh, Paul Dynes and Ebby Toal 0-1. Darren Ward, Anthony McElmeel and Liam Devlin were introduced as substitutes.

Louis the Red

Where are all the Harpsmen?

Are they in mourning at the loss of JP ???

Pat Molloy

there are no Harpsmen left!!! they all got transfers :o :o :o ;)

harpsman

Quote[Are they in mourning at the loss of JP /quote]

I still haven't heard a reason why JP would leave the Harps.

And I don't think a reason exists which would be significant enough to make him leave!  Leaving the Harps is one thing, but to do so and join their biggest rivals would make him a laughing stock in a  Murice 'Mo' Johnston stylee!

Louis the Red

QuoteAnd I don't think a reason exists which would be significant enough to make him leave!  Leaving the Harps is one thing, but to do so and join their biggest rivals would make him a laughing stock in a  Murice 'Mo' Johnston stylee!

So why do you think he is looking a transfer to the Harps biggest rivals.  Is he trying to rub people up the wrong way?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Pat Molloy on February 27, 2007, 05:30:59 PM
there are no Harpsmen left!!! they all got transfers :o :o :o ;)
Rufus will be changing the title to the Ogs thread  ;D   :P

Is Donnelly going or not?! He's an awful p***k if he is.
I heard houlie was over the ogs this year, is that right?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Louis the Red

Yes Houlie is helping Clarke this year, but Clarke is still the manager.

JP is looking to transfer to Ogs, but as yet the Harps haven't signed his request

harpsman

QuoteSo why do you think he is looking a transfer to the Harps biggest rivals.  Is he trying to rub people up the wrong way?

I haven't a clue?

I have asked a few Ogs men I would be friendly with this question. "If you were ever to leave the Ogs, for whatever reason, out of all the Clubs in the land, would you go to the Harps?"  The general concensus of opinion is "NO!".

Ask a Crossmaglen man would he join Silverbridge (and so on) and very few answer yes!

Like I said, I can think of no reason why JP would want to join the Pearse Ogs.

Louis the Red

QuoteI have asked a few Ogs men I would be friendly with this question. "If you were ever to leave the Ogs, for whatever reason, out of all the Clubs in the land, would you go to the Harps?"  The general concensus of opinion is "NO!".

I take it you didn't ask umgolaarmagh ;)