The Armagh Harps Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, November 10, 2006, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sureyouwill

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on January 17, 2007, 07:06:29 PM
Quote from: Smokin Joe on January 17, 2007, 08:41:05 AM
Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on January 16, 2007, 10:33:31 PM
Bloody hell - it's a good job that I can no longer get GAABoard in work - at this rate there wouldn't be much in the way of work being done. ::)

More to the point Rufus, how the feck do you work all day without access to the internet?

I've access to the internet Joe - just GAABoard is blocked for some reason - I dread to think as to how I'll get through the Summer - for now, I'm doing most of my posting on reservoirdubs!  :(

Are you sure it's not just a secutity setting in your browser Rufus?

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: sureyouwill on January 17, 2007, 08:22:28 PM
Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on January 17, 2007, 07:06:29 PM
Quote from: Smokin Joe on January 17, 2007, 08:41:05 AM
Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on January 16, 2007, 10:33:31 PM
Bloody hell - it's a good job that I can no longer get GAABoard in work - at this rate there wouldn't be much in the way of work being done. ::)

More to the point Rufus, how the feck do you work all day without access to the internet?

I've access to the internet Joe - just GAABoard is blocked for some reason - I dread to think as to how I'll get through the Summer - for now, I'm doing most of my posting on reservoirdubs!  :(

Are you sure it's not just a secutity setting in your browser Rufus?

Whenever I click on the link, it comes up something about company policy not allowing access!  >:(

venter

Rufus, if you were stuck you could try a proxy site. Just type in the gaaboard address in the url line on the website below
http://www.proxysite.org/

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: venter on January 17, 2007, 09:27:36 PM
Rufus, if you were stuck you could try a proxy site. Just type in the gaaboard address in the url line on the website below
http://www.proxysite.org/

Thanks venter - I'll give that a go!   :)

stoke the boilers!

Greetings fellow Harps men, new to this whole gaaboard thing.

Any updates on all this transfer talk or is it wicked propaganda being spread by our colleagues across town?

Heard in work today that Grimey is going to Clonmore. Any truth in this one?

say nothin

lads, can we just drop all the transfer talk on the board....!

Candyman

First Ulster League game this sunday away to Trillick @ 2pm

whataboutthewha

just want to say well done to all the boys who did the road race last night! Some very respectable times indeed!

Candyman

where do ye get the times from the race???

Rufus T Firefly

Trillick 1-11, Harps 0-08.

Harps played their first match of the season at Trillick this afternoon, in a relatively low key game, in which the home side showed greater levels of sharpness.

Harpo opened the scoring for Harps with a point but Trillick began to dominate and added two points before scoring a scrappy close range goal. Play was end to end although the standard was never great. Harps did manage the next two points through efforts from Joe Quigley and Kevin Kelly, but Trillick came back strongly and notched further points. It was Harps thought that finished in the ascendancy and had three Joe Quigley points late on, one of which was a free brought about by incisive play from Harpo.

Half time, Trillick 1-05, Harps 0-06.

The second half saw Trillick's greater early season fitness stand to them and their pressure was rewarded with two points, although other chances were not taken. Harps managed to keep in touch with a long range point from Kevin Kelly after good work from Joe Quigley but Trillick cancelled this out with their third point of the half. Harps responded with their best period of the game, but despite forcing four 50s in a row, they could not add to the scoreboard. Trillick dominated the match to the finish, adding on three points and were denied a goal by a great Gareth Richards save. Harps battled to the end and managed the closing score, a point from a Joe Quigley free.

Final score, Trillick 1-11, Harps 0-08.

The Harps fielded as follows. Gareth Richards, Kevin Daly, Jungle McKee, Liam McAuley, Chuckie Morris, Martin Gill, Anthony McElmeel, Collie Homes, Martin McKenna, Harpo McKenna, Smackers McAnaney, Joe Quigley, Gerard McDonagh, Kevin Kelly and Ebby Toal. Subs used, Paul Dynes and Darren Ward.

A bit of a rusty  performance, given that it was a first outing of the season, although it was great to see Collie Homes, Martin McKenna and Dynesy back featuring again for the Seniors.

KIDDO

Is Willie mc Sorely not in goals at the moment

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: KIDDO on February 05, 2007, 12:09:54 AM
Is Willie mc Sorely not in goals at the moment

Willie is working in Dublin and I believe will not be featuring in the near future. 'Tis a pity - Willie has been an excellent keeper for the Harps since debuting back in 1999.

stoke the boilers!

Good to hear that Bonehead and Dynsey are back to action.
How did they perform yesterday? Any other old hands planning on coming out of retirement to aid the cause?

laughinpaddy

was talking to a few of the team yestarday after the match and by their accounts bonehead was pretty impresive in the first half winning a lot of ball around the middle, although his fitness and a slight injury he was carrying hindered him slightly in the 2nd half.  Dynsey when he came on was his usual lively self, although as expected he was a bit rusty.
I ain't gettin on no plane!

bennydorano

Great to see Bonehead and Dynesy back.  Suprised bonehead was fit to play, his knee seems to be nowhere near fully recovered.