Creeslough filling station explosion

Started by markl121, October 07, 2022, 04:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

My Uncle was a priest and lived up there for a number of years. Was up regularly back then. Really tragic. It'will take a long time to recover from. RIP.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Goldengreen

From Creeslough myself. Just in shock here. Such a busy place there, post office, shop, deli, petrol station and beauty salon. Happened just after schools finished up for the weekend, and it's a regular trip for parents and kids to go up for a treat on Friday.
Just in disbelief.

markl121

Quote from: Goldengreen on October 08, 2022, 12:41:19 PM
From Creeslough myself. Just in shock here. Such a busy place there, post office, shop, deli, petrol station and beauty salon. Happened just after schools finished up for the weekend, and it's a regular trip for parents and kids to go up for a treat on Friday.
Just in disbelief.
Thinking of you. Horrific

Dougal Maguire

Just in disbelief.
Terrible tragedy. With that number of deaths every family in the village is likely to be impacted in one way or another. Thinking of you all at this very sad time
Careful now

J70

Just in disbelief.

I'm from the other end of the county, but I knew a few from the area back in my school days.

Absolutely shocking to see something like this hit a small, rural community.

There's been a few gas explosions over my years in NY, but that's a city of 8+million in a metropolitan area of 20 million.

So many families are going to be affected by this. I hope yours isn't.

balladmaker

Tragic beyond words.  9 confirmed dead and searching continues ... is there any indication of how many people are still missing?

square_ball

4 men, 3 women, 2 teenagers and a primary school aged girl. Somehow seeing that brings it home even more what has happened rather than just seeing the number. So tragic for the area.

seafoid

https://www.rte.ie/news/2022/1008/1327931-creeslough/GardaĆ­ say they are not expecting any further casualties from this incident.

Update: There are no more people unaccounted for.

grounded

Just in disbelief.

Thoughts and prayers here for you as well. Just unbelievable.

whitey

Whole thing doesn't make sense

Accidents/Crashes/Fires happen at petrol stations all the time and you never see destruction like this

Tubberman

Quote from: whitey on October 08, 2022, 06:12:49 PM
Whole thing doesn't make sense

Accidents/Crashes/Fires happen at petrol stations all the time and you never see destruction like this

The explosion is said to have been caused by gas, so doesn't seem to have had anything to do with the petrol station itself
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Rossfan

Last thing we need is right wing yank conspiracy theory >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Wildweasel74

Just look at the gas explosion in England a few years ago. Levelled 2 houses, gas is the cause, how they identify how it happened or ignition source will be hard to determine in the shirt term.