Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2012

Started by drici, March 31, 2012, 10:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throw ball

As an Armagh man not from Cross who was at the match I would say that the Hoganstand story is very onesided. The Eunans joint manager spent more time on the pitch than their number 7! I have no doubt at all that the Cross man in question gave him a mouthful ( and not too pleasant at that) but the Eunans man pushed him a good couple of times before he was pushed back. Would have been a bit of an unfair fight I would think! To be honest I never thought there was much in it from either party and the more interesting bit was the young fella (must have been about 10) who got on the sideline and was going to beat all round him. Due to the colour clash I do not know which team he was with but it did look very funny - although probably shouldn't have.

crossfire

Quote from: Winnie Peg on November 13, 2012, 12:17:38 PM
Come on boys, you forgot that he is from Crossmaglen. Only they are allowed to patrol where they want. They never do anything wrong, they only do what is right.

Most of your posts are anti Cross.
You are obviously a jealous, bitter bast--d.

Winnie Peg

Not in the least jealous, just think that the same laws should apply to Cross as all other clubs and that you shouldnt be alowed to bully your way to success

armaghniac

QuoteNot in the least jealous, just think that the same laws should apply to Cross as all other clubs and that you shouldnt be alowed to bully your way to success

Who did they bully? As Throw Ball pointed out there were 2 sides in this bit of handbags. Cross are much the same as everyone else, they just win more games.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

get up there

Quote from: Winnie Peg on November 13, 2012, 08:16:24 PM
Not in the least jealous, just think that the same laws should apply to Cross as all other clubs and that you shouldnt be alowed to bully your way to success
yeah they bully-ed there way to 6 all irelands and is it 9 ulsters and 40 county titles ::) ::)

crossfire

Quote from: Winnie Peg on November 13, 2012, 08:16:24 PM

What club are you from as i would like to check its disciplinary record.

Milltown Row2

Stop bitting lads ffs, on a serious note, are you lot worried about Sunday?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

yellowcard

If the cross assistant manager got into a spat on the sideline then its up to the officials to deal with it. I don't think the present Cross team use bully boy tactics, in fact I would say that they are a brilliant footballing team. They were a lot more physical 6/7 years ago.

What I do notice is how bullish Cross are about their chances in this years campaign and how they are going to only get better. In the past few days I have seen interviews with Tony McEntee, Hanratty, Morgan and Oisin where they have all talked up their chances. Makes a pleasant change from the usual drivel of 'one game at a time' 'won nothing yet' overused cliches that we are used to hearing. I think this team now has the bit between their teeth and can smell history in the making. First football team to win 3 in a row since the great Kerry side?

crossfire

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 13, 2012, 09:42:49 PM
Stop bitting lads ffs, on a serious note, are you lot worried about Sunday?

Milltown. Read his posts, he is a constant critic of Cross ...Seems to be a bitter little man.

Re your question. Even though Errigal have beaten us twice in the past it will have no relevance on Sunday. They are no better than any of the top teams that we have beaten in the past 2 years so we are not unduly worried but we will treat them with the utmost respect.

illdecide

Crossfire i meant to add that from the we incident on the sideline involving the management teams seemed to spur Cross on a bit and add a bit more bite to their tackling and hits...and rightly so.

Cross can and do bully teams but i tell you what...Fair play to them, whatever it takes to win you do it ( i would). The more successful they get the more intimidating they become and it's amazing the amount of teams that are beat before they even take the field. Like I've said in the past in Armagh championship football i want them beat but once they go into Ulster and beyond they have my backing...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

LeoMc

Quote from: rodney trotter on November 14, 2012, 10:29:28 AM
Errigal Ciaran without a key Forward for Sunday
http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=180883

Is it the Irish Examiner or Hogan stand we should be blaming for that last sentence
"The dye has been cast" :o

rodney trotter

It's farily negative chat the last line. Beaten before the game is played

manballandall

Mind games ffs...cross are missing a few also, every club has players missing at some stage. Errigal will be confident of beating cross and why not. You have to believe to succeed.

I think Kilcoo will beat us though as we have a few injuries on sunday