More Thuggery on the GAA field

Started by agorm, January 23, 2012, 06:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheamy

Quote from: bigtogs on February 10, 2012, 09:34:14 AM
Dos should not be jailed or suspended in my opinion just pointing out he ain't as squeaky clean as it potray the few days following the game. I was at the game and I would say declan o sullivan should have been sent off for sure due too his behaviour but was not.If derrytresk was your club would you be happy will all this and the way it was handled on all fronts.On another note on the night off the appeals derrytresk's 5 that appealed and mentors where kept in croke park too half three in the morning hoarded up like animals.

Ok, so the shoulder incident happened separate from, and after, the punch? He was being taken off by stewards presumably after this punch and the handbag attack. He then attacked another derrytresk player. Is that what you're saying?

From the accounts of people here, the irish times photo shows the incident where DOS punched a player who was trying to shake hands with him. He was then allegedly attacked by the woman with the handbag. The stewards then issued him off the pitch where he assaulted another player who was also trying to shake hands with him.

BennyHarp

Quote from: sheamy on February 10, 2012, 10:00:09 AM
Quote from: bigtogs on February 10, 2012, 09:34:14 AM
Dos should not be jailed or suspended in my opinion just pointing out he ain't as squeaky clean as it potray the few days following the game. I was at the game and I would say declan o sullivan should have been sent off for sure due too his behaviour but was not.If derrytresk was your club would you be happy will all this and the way it was handled on all fronts.On another note on the night off the appeals derrytresk's 5 that appealed and mentors where kept in croke park too half three in the morning hoarded up like animals.

Ok, so the shoulder incident happened separate from, and after, the punch? He was being taken off by stewards presumably after this punch and the handbag attack. He then attacked another derrytresk player. Is that what you're saying?

From the accounts of people here, the irish times photo shows the incident where DOS punched a player who was trying to shake hands with him. He was then allegedly attacked by the woman with the handbag. The stewards then issued him off the pitch where he assaulted another player who was also trying to shake hands with him.

Sheamy, you seem to be very vocal in all this - you must have been at the game, was it any good?
That was never a square ball!!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 10, 2012, 10:08:29 AM
Sheamy, you seem to be very vocal in all this - you must have been at the game, was it any good? be a Derryman.

Fixed that for you.  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

sheamy

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 10, 2012, 10:11:46 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on February 10, 2012, 10:08:29 AM
Sheamy, you seem to be very vocal in all this - you must have been at the game, was it any good? be a Derryman.

Fixed that for you.  ;)

Lads, play the ball, not the man...if you can't deal with the issues, don't attack me personally.

I wasn't at the game and never claimed to be. Something stinks here as none of the accounts seem to match up and we have a very dodgy looking photo used to slander a players name 3 weeks after the incident.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 10, 2012, 09:59:49 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 10, 2012, 09:54:52 AM
Well, well, no letter from Declan O'Sullivan in today's Irish Times bemoaning his misrepsentation.  ::)

He hasn't said a word since the whole thing started, and you can be sure he was contacted by the media given his profile. Why would he change that stance now? Or are you digging at people who say it's a fake picture?

There's a difference AZ: it's one thing refusing to respond to enquiries, but it would be a whole different matter to have a doctored photo of yourself put out there that portrays one in a very bad light; one's passive and the other's active.

In answer to your specific questions: a bit of both.

bigtogs

Sheamy would video evidance do you?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: sheamy on February 10, 2012, 10:15:53 AM
Lads, play the ball, not the man...if you can't deal with the issues, don't attack me personally.

Attack?! Jeez Sheamy, I haven't even started!  ;)

BennyHarp

Sheamy, your posts are making me laugh - you are criticising every account that people are recalling from people who were actually at the game - yet you seem quite happy to speak matter of factly even though you probably didnt even know the game was taking place until this all blew up last week. Will you be at the game on Sunday? If not, i await your match report.

sheamy

Quote from: bigtogs on February 10, 2012, 10:18:19 AM
Sheamy would video evidance do you?

Get her on you tube chief til we see this strike in real speed...

AZOffaly

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 10, 2012, 10:18:00 AM
Well, well, no letter from Declan O'Sullivan in today's Irish Times bemoaning his misrepsentation.  ::)

He hasn't said a word since the whole thing started, and you can be sure he was contacted by the media given his profile. Why would he change that stance now? Or are you digging at people who say it's a fake picture?

There's a difference AZ: it's one thing refusing to respond to enquiries, but it would be a whole different matter to have a doctored photo of yourself put out there that portrays one in a very bad light; one's passive and the other's active.

I don't think it's doctored, so why would Declan come out and say anything? He hasn't said a word since it happened, so I wouldn't expect him to say anything now. He's concentrating on Kerry again now that he's back in that panel for the game with Armagh. 

I think if this picture was to come out at all, it should have come out at the start, not 3 weeks later. The photo does nothing to exonerate Derrytresk from the incidents they got suspended for, it can only mean trouble for Declan O'Sullivan, 3 weeks after the fact. Anyway, that's going over old ground myself and O'Neill went through last night, so no point saying the same thing again.

I just can't wait for the final this weekend, and all this to be put behind.

BennyHarp

What will you do with your time when all this blows over AZ?  :P

Nally Stand

Quote from: Nally Stand on February 09, 2012, 10:38:59 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on February 09, 2012, 05:11:21 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on February 09, 2012, 04:57:36 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on February 09, 2012, 04:32:00 PM
And can anybody explain what the Dessytresk fella is up to? Did Derrytresk's Photoshop man get him to pull that pose after training yesterday so they could photograph it and place him in the shot or does he just have a bad back and always walk like that?

Anybody?

Nobody?

Somebody!!!

Sheamy?? Maybe you could explain??
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Winnie Peg

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 10, 2012, 10:27:42 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 10, 2012, 10:18:00 AM

I don't think it's doctored, so why would Declan come out and say anything? He hasn't said a word since it happened, so I wouldn't expect him to say anything now. He's concentrating on Kerry again now that he's back in that panel for the game with Armagh. 

I think if this picture was to come out at all, it should have come out at the start, not 3 weeks later. The photo does nothing to exonerate Derrytresk from the incidents they got suspended for, it can only mean trouble for Declan O'Sullivan, 3 weeks after the fact. Anyway, that's going over old ground myself and O'Neill went through last night, so no point saying the same thing again.

FFS, nobody has kept it going more than yourself. Get over it and move on.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Not sure why it's only surfacing now, but it may be more by default than design.

Hear bloody hear!

bigtogs

From being in contact with some derrytresk people over the last couple off weeks they where aware this photo along with a few other things where available,they at no stage intended to use it or any other photo or video clip but I think they expected the gaa in someway to make a statement to the effect that for the first couple off days the whole off ireland where only dealing with the dromid pro machine and not a overall reflection.this did not happen and people jumped to all sorts off conclusions that may or may not forced the gaa rightly or wrongly bring them too boot. Would any county team get banned from all ireland series for five years no matter what the offence is we don't know for sure but I suppose we can draw our own conclusion time might tell on that one.