St. Molaise Gaels
Ballymote
Calry/St. Joseph's
Tourlestrane
St. Mary's
St. Farnan's
St. John's

Stagmeister

Sligo are playing Dublin in a challenge game in St. Margarets GAA Club Kilreesk (near the airport) on Saturday May 17th

Owenmoresider

Championship dates and venues up for the first two rounds. Good to see the practice of Coolera going west to play South opposition is being maintained.  ???

2008 Senior FC Group A
Bunninadden  - - Coolera-Strandhill  Enniscrone 31/05/2008 18:00 Round 1 
Eastern Harps  - - Easkey  Enniscrone 31/05/2008 19:30 Round 1 
Coolera-Strandhill  - - Easkey  Ballymote 07/06/2008 19:30 Round 2 
Bunninadden  - - Eastern Harps  Markievicz Park 08/06/2008 14:00 Round 2

2008 Senior FC Group B
Calry/St Josephs  - - Tubbercurry  Ballymote 31/05/2008 18:00   
St Marys  - - Curry  Ballymote 31/05/2008 19:30   
St Marys  - - Calry/St Josephs  Tubbercurry 08/06/2008 13:30   
Curry  - - Tubbercurry  Markievicz Park 08/06/2008 15:45

2008 Senior FC Group C
Drumcliffe Rosses Point  - - Castleconnor  Markievicz Park 31/05/2008 17:45 Round 1 
St Farnans  - - St Johns  Markievicz Park 31/05/2008 19:30 Round 1 
Castleconnor  - - St Johns  Enniscrone 07/06/2008 18:00 Round 2 
Drumcliffe Rosses Point  - - St Farnans  Enniscrone 07/06/2008 19:30 Round 2

2008 Senior FC Group D
Ballymote  - - Tourlestrane  Tubbercurry 31/05/2008 18:00 Round 1 
Geevagh  - - Shamrock Gaels  Tubbercurry 31/05/2008 19:30 Round 1 
Tourlestrane  - - Shamrock Gaels  Ballymote 07/06/2008 18:00 Round 1 
Ballymote  - - Geevagh  Tourlestrane 08/06/2008 12:00 Round 1

2008 Intermediate FC Group A
Ballisodare  - - Coolaney/Mullinabreena  Tubbercurry 01/06/2008 14:00 Round 1 
Curry  - - Coolera-Strandhill  Tubbercurry 01/06/2008 15:30 Round 1 
Curry  - - Ballisodare  Bunninadden 07/06/2008 19:30 Round 2 
Coolera-Strandhill  - - Coolaney/Mullinabreena  St Marys 08/06/2008 12:00 Round 2

2008 Intermediate FC Group B
Cloonacool  - - Enniscrone/Kilglass  Tourlestrane 01/06/2008 14:00 Round 1 
Cloonacool  - - St Marys  Tubbercurry 07/06/2008 18:00 Round 2

2008 Intermediate FC Group C
Tourlestrane  - - Eastern Harps  Ballymote 01/06/2008 15:30 Round 1 
Tourlestrane  - - Owenmore Gaels  Tubbercurry 08/06/2008 12:00 Round 2

2008 Intermediate FC Group D
St Molaise Gaels  - - St Michaels  Ballymote 01/06/2008 14:00 Round 1 
St Molaise Gaels  - - St Patricks  Tubbercurry 07/06/2008 19:30 Round 2

Owenmoresider

Actually looking at those a bit more, the choice of venues for some games is odd to say the least. In Round 2, they put Bunnies v Harps - a tie for Ballymote surely - into the Park, and drag Curry and Tubber together up the N17 to there too, and the town duo Mary's and Calry go the opposite way to play in Tubber! And Ballymote v Geevagh in Tourlestrane - other side of the county, completely out of their ways, why not Coola? That's before you mention Harps, John's, and Drumcliffe all having to travel through their opponent's areas to the venue where they meet them. Admittedly John's effectively have a home game in the first one. And SMG have to play Pat's in Tubber too. And they wonder why the gates aren't good? Mayo, Ros and Donegal all have a home and away system in place so it could be looked at, rather than this kind of thing happening.

Sligoper

There is no talkin to the fixtures commitee especially Richie Brennan. Some odd ones surely, I know Curry Tubbercurry should be played in Tourlestrane but a double header in the park along with the bunnnies and Harps will be a great evenings football.
Go on the Bunnies!

SLIGONIAN

Our game against St Pats in tubber, its only a hour and 15mins from my house ::). Defies logic. Fixtures commitee have obviously lost the run of themselves.

Only 1 game fixed for Kent park. These have to be mistakes, as OMS said already other comical venues.

Was at the St molasie gaels V Owenmore Gaels game tonight. We won 4-19 to 1-5 againt an extremely understrangth OM GLS. They were missing 10 regurlar players. Reason we were told that alot of there players won a Club raffle for tickets to Man Utd v West ham.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

magpie seanie

Yeah, I heard they were down 10 lads alright. As TG says its amazing how they seem to start the season well and then when you expect them to kick on (with the soccer over etc) they seem to go back at a rate of knots.

Our seniors had a good win tonight away to Bunninadden. We had a full side out for the first time this year and it was encouraging. Certainly a million miles away from the rubbish second half the week before. Those interested from a county team point of view I can tell you Kieran Quinn and John McPartland both played the full game and looked good as did Karol O'Neill, the forgotten man. Great result for Ballymote at Tourlestrane. 4 weeks to championship.

SLIGONIAN

Had a busy day today but I love it. Went to the Benson cup final in Grange. Turned out to be a real cracker. Some lovely football from both sides, level at FT on 2-7 to 1-10 with alan caraway getting the equaliser for us in the dying seconds great score.

Onto ET now and we went 2 pts up , Johns came back well in 2nd half to go 1pt up and then alan caraway got anther unbelievale score to level. We were pushing hard when one of our subs made fatal mistakes twice in positions to score passed to a free man but behind him. St johns down the field twice 2 scores to win by 2 in the end.

John scanlon showed well for johns, must of ended up with 1-7 i think. They had mcgarty and harrison but no mcnamara or fizzy.

We had some good performaces, with aaron mchugh playing well and alan caraway probabaly our best players 0-3 from HB. Wison and eoin mchugh played and wilson played well all the game but eoin faded 2nd and ET when brought out to midfield.

In normal time we probably should of won it, we dominated possesion last 20mins but failed to convert but fair play to johns traveling to our home venue in front of decent crowd to win a tight encounter. 

Was at SLIGO minor game aswell and we won so day ended well  ;D.

magpie seanie

Yeah, was chatting to your former chairman Johnny Watters at the Sligo minor game and he told me it was a good game alright. Ye are seeming to be getting the act together after some unimpressive early season results (mind you they were mostly wins).

Sligoper

Jesus things have gone awful quiet here?
Well work is boring my balls of so i'll start convo. Is the senior panel cut yet? I here Bree, K Langan and D O'Grady have all left the panel? Surely it's time to start cutting it properly with the championship coming up?
Go on the Bunnies!

Owenmoresider

Yeah, sure it's only a fortnight away now. Didn't hear of who got cut, but one or two of the cuts would be expected IMO.

Many here heading across btw?

Also, the CCC came up a quitr popular rescheduling for the warm-up senior final. Can see some players hoping it'll be changed:

The CCC have refixed the Kiernan Cup & pick n'choose League Finals as follows.

Sligo Estates Pick n'choose League Final

Eastern Harps V Bunninadden

Wednesday 21st May  at 8.00pm in Tourlestrane

McCarricks Garage Kiernan Cup Final

St.Mary's V Calry/St.Josephs

Friday 23rd May at 8.00pm in Grange                                         

Sligoper

Well I'm not heading across! Work commitments! Yeah some of them cuts are expected. A very good friend of mine is on the panel and he says they are still keeping lads on and not telling them whether they are dropped or not! Here's my crack at the panel

Greene
Farrell
Doherty

Harrison
Ewing
McGuire
Naughtan / Murphy
Donovan
O'Neill
Phillips
Davey
McNamara
McGovern
B Kivlehan
E McHugh

Quinn
O'Hara
Gilmartin
Henry

Curran
Egan
S Davey
Gaughan
Kelly
Brehony
Sweeney
McPartland
Flannery
G McGowan
S Coen

Any opinions? I know i'm missing someone but can't think who.
Go on the Bunnies!

magpie seanie

We should probably start a Sligo v. London thread on the main board, think I will unless one of ye beat me to it.

On the club scene tonight in Gurteen our seniors take on Eastern Harps in what promises to be a good match. After a slow start, Harps now seem to be motoring. With the exception of our two humblings at the hands of the county champions (we has weak sides out both days) our league form has been good. Our record in Gurteen is terrible though so we'll be hoping for an improvement tongiht. Throw in at 7.45pm.

On Sunday at 1pm we play Mary's in Div 4. Should be lively enough too and I'd expect both sides to have strong lineups. Neither of us will get promoted but with c'ship only 3 weeks away teams should be strengthening. Mary's have been very competitive in the intermediate championship in recent years and even though they'll be without big Paul they'll be handy again this year.

SLIGONIAN

There is a lack of posters, pity there isnt more sligofans willing to give there opinions. When you look at the amount of views there is only a small nr posting. Like Sligoper I be bored and need some good debate to pass the day.

Was at the North divison junior championship match between Calry and St Molaises. We won by a 1pt in last min of Extra time. Strange game. The first half the standard was atrocious but as the game wore on it got better. Calry should of won it in normal time. We scored 3 goals which got us back in the game at various stages. Although our lads showed character. Highlight of the match was diarmuid feeneys point. He got the ball about 25 yrds out in front of the goals. Stopped thought the ref gave him a free so everyone else stopped aswell. everyone looked at the ref. He says I didnt blow the whistle play on. Feeney just kicks it over after having the ball way too long. Ref said he didnt move so therefore could stand there and not do anything so it was ok. Not sure he knows the rules :D but it was funny. Mchale got our winning score from free. Benny o reilly manager of calry juniors. Fair play to him at such a young age.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on May 09, 2008, 11:37:28 PM
There is a lack of posters, pity there isnt more sligofans willing to give there opinions. When you look at the amount of views there is only a small nr posting. Like Sligoper I be bored and need some good debate to pass the day.

Was at the North divison junior championship match between Calry and St Molaises. We won by a 1pt in last min of Extra time. Strange game. The first half the standard was atrocious but as the game wore on it got better. Calry should of won it in normal time. We scored 3 goals which got us back in the game at various stages. Although our lads showed character. Highlight of the match was diarmuid feeneys point. He got the ball about 25 yrds out in front of the goals. Stopped thought the ref gave him a free so everyone else stopped aswell. everyone looked at the ref. He says I didnt blow the whistle play on. Feeney just kicks it over after having the ball way too long. Ref said he didnt move so therefore could stand there and not do anything so it was ok. Not sure he knows the rules :D but it was funny. Mchale got our winning score from free. Benny o reilly manager of calry juniors. Fair play to him at such a young age.

The ref was wrong. It is 4 steps or if standing still the time taken to take 4 steps.

SLIGONIAN

Ya I know he was wrong but I wasnt complaining :). Was comical though seeing him stand there look back at the ref then after ref looks at him and shouts I didnt blow whislte. Turns without soloing and kicks it over. Defo had in hand way too long. Ref in fairness was good throughout and probably was his only error.