St. Molaise Gaels
Ballymote
Calry/St. Joseph's
Tourlestrane
St. Mary's
St. Farnan's
St. John's

Teeling Gael

What irks me greatly about the St Michaels situation is that they are encouraged by the county board. look at next weekend fixtures for example. How come Coolera , Marys , Curry , Easkey , Farnans and Harps second teams are playing before their first team which naturally enough will stretch the 2nd team considerably yet Michaels is the other way around ???

magpie seanie

I think we all know the answer to the question.

BTW - our 2A game for next weekend now takes place on tomorrow night v. Eastern Harps. We had plans made for the "free" weekend and have to get the games changed now. A lot of other clubs in the same boat I think. The whole thing is a shambles.

Davitt Man

Quote from: Teeling Gael on June 11, 2007, 10:32:50 AM
Tourlestrane and Harps are continuing to set the pace in 1A. On paper anyhow the result against Curry looked comfortable for Tourlestrane and they are motoring along very nicely. Despite Marys horrific start to the season , they can still avoid relegation.

Did Marys draw with ballymote yesterday?

magpie seanie

Yes, game was a draw according to the results and league tables I saw on www.sligogaa.ie.

Teeling Gael

how did your match with Harps in 2A go last night Seanie ??

magpie seanie

It went as expected Teeling! We lost 1-3 to 2-16. To be fair they were very strong last night (24 players togged out including some lads who will play in the SFC) and we were down a few as usual. That brings to an end a run of 4 games in 8 days for our second string. It's a good job we're all such great athletes! I had young Rafferty for company last night and it was not great fun.

magpie seanie

Back to club matters this weekend and it seems Sunday is kept free for those travelling to see the minors (and St. Michaels second team!). Anyone know why the JFC semis have been moved a week? I am under the impression that the 4 semi finalists are now known. Correct or not?

Big game for us tonight against Shamrock Gaels. Win that one and we're in a very strong position for a return to 1A to continue our yo-yo-ing of the last couple of years.

Teeling Gael

The East Division final between Ballymote and Michaels has yet to be played I think. Enniscrone seems to have won West against Castleconnor which to me is a surprise. Cant understand how Farnans didn't win this -- infact it appears they didn't even enter it. No idea on who won South ( if played yet ?? ) but obviously it was either Bunninadden or Tubbercurry. Who are ye playing in Semis Seanie ??

On yo-yoing teams , I think I am correct in saying that the 6 teams relegated last season are currently all in the promotion positions back up again which surely is a bad sign of the league structure. I'd scrape league finals (obviously the team that tops the league will get the cup) and introduce a play off between the second from bottom team and the second from top team in lower division.

Any word on availability of county players this weekend ?? Your second team has a most win game Saturday against Michaels. Realistically anything less than a win and ye are relegated. With some of Michaels players busy schedule at the moment perhaps they may be fatigued !!!

magpie seanie

I heard Tubber won the south. Like yourself am surprised Enniscrone won the West. Was so sure Castleconnor would win/had won I read the result information wrong on sligogaa.ie. No idea who we are playing in the semis. Sunday 1st at 6pm it now appears.

Would doubt county players would be available until after the Connacht final.

The whole league structure needs to be changed. 8 teams is too few in each league and 14 league games is too many for our county. Should be 10-12 at most with county players guaranteed except for one or two rounds. Other competitions can be devised to fill the gaps if people want the extra football but anything that effects a clubs standing should not be played without their full compliment.

As for our second team we're not giving up but its a seriously tall order. Would love to beat Michaels for the sake of beating them after last year but with our seniors out later that day we'll be stretched. Hopefully the East final in on Friday night to tire them out a bit!

magpie seanie

When a referee* finally arrived (about 35 minutes late) we beat Shamrock Gaels in Div 1B last night 1-11 to 0-7 in Coola in a terrible game illuminated by Karol O'Neill's brilliance. Unfortunately he went over heavily on his ankle 5 minutes from the end and was stretchered off and is now a major doubt for the Connacht final. He is extremely unfortunate with injuries but here's hoping its not as bad a first feared.

* - referee was Whitey as again the CCC made a balls of appointing a ref for one of our rearranged matches. Twice in a week.

Teeling Gael

Your return to 1A is looking fairly certain now. Were any of the other county panellist allowed play ??

Dont know anything about Fergal Henrys replacement but to have had a Fixtures committee working without email for 2 months of the season is laughable these days and of course "glitches" will happen.             

laceer

Headin down to watch the wee bro' in the feile next weekend.they're being hosted by the st johns club.where abouts are they based?whats sligo like at the w'ends?

magpie seanie

QuoteWere any of the other county panellist allowed play ??

No. Karol was only allowed to play because he had not played last Sunday.

QuoteDont know anything about Fergal Henrys replacement

He is a very good guy and knows there is a mountain to climb. I don't expect things to improve much in the short term but I'd be optimistic for next year. Fingers crossed.

QuoteHeadin down to watch the wee bro' in the feile next weekend.they're being hosted by the st johns club.where abouts are they based?whats sligo like at the w'ends?

St. John's are based in Cuilbeg, Carraroe about 3 miles from the city centre. Their catchment area takes in a fair bit of the town. Keep an eye out for Shane Filan's (Westlife) mansion on your way to the ground. Sligo town is grand too at the weekends. Depends what you're into but you certainly could have been located in worse spots. My own club are a neighbouring club. Enjoy the weekend. We're hosting a boys team from Westmeath (St Lomans) and a girls team from Armagh (St. Peters).

laceer

cheers seanie..reckon we'll be lookin for a few pints in a gaa bar then a durty disco later on  ;D should be a good w'end alright.Tyrone hosted the feile a few years ago and there was a great atmosphere about the place-it'll be made all the better for me if Tyrone can win an all ireland title a few months early  ;) :D

magpie seanie

GAA bars around Sligo town and environs are few and far between but like everywhere the durty disco is to be found. The 3 main disco's in the town rank from the Velvet Room (top place but won't get in wearing combats etc) to Toff's (grand middle of the road alternative) to Equinox (been so long but young, very young!). Velvet only open on Saturday night. Your hosts will no doubt direct ye well. Enjoy it anyway. Up in Omagh and on to Lusty Beg for a wedding that weekend so will miss all unfortuntely.