Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 05, 2021, 11:47:42 AM
Crowd o rich basturts. Pizzas for a pound in the Empire 😎

Pizza and pint for £1.50 or something like that.

Microwave yolks all the same but safer than the Julies Kitchen just down the road on Botanic, you were taking your life in your hands by eating in there..

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: johnnycool on May 05, 2021, 11:51:10 AM

Microwave yolks all the same but safer than the Julies Kitchen just down the road on Botanic, you were taking your life in your hands by eating in there..

Known as Julies Knickers in my time

Taylor

Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on May 05, 2021, 12:10:08 PM

Or Julies Armpit

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: maddog on May 05, 2021, 11:34:03 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 05, 2021, 11:29:41 AM
The Egg was a grand spot when I was there, 94-97. Was always a crew of GAA heads about it.  Would have lunches in it walking back to the Halls or across the road, think it was The Terrace....did a great Fajitas for 2 for a £10!

Fajitas as a student. Posh fecker.

For 2!  £5 a man an included a beer!

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 05, 2021, 01:35:08 PM
The Egg was a grand spot when I was there, 94-97. Was always a crew of GAA heads about it.  Would have lunches in it walking back to the Halls or across the road, think it was The Terrace....did a great Fajitas for 2 for a £10!

I stand with Maddog. Yer names no good round here no more bcb1. No comin back from this

Tony Baloney

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 05, 2021, 01:37:57 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 05, 2021, 01:35:08 PM

I stand with Maddog. Yer names no good round here no more bcb1. No comin back from this
His only defence is he pronounced it as fa-jee-ta. In Cross a Mexican is someone who lives down the road.

Tony Baloney

Bishops if you were flush, Spudz for a bolognese chip, Kam Wah if you were too blocked to know any better.

Milltown Row2

Spudz was the place. They must have made a fortune, would have been the wife's food joint before heading home
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bigarsedkeeper

The Bot did a feed and a pint for a good deal when I was about. Think it was steak, chips and pint for £5. For when the loans had just came in. Pints used to come out from the kitchen too, weren't pulled at the bar.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 05, 2021, 01:46:46 PM

Bishops if you were flush, Spudz for a bolognese chip, Kam Wah if you were too blocked to know any better.

All those places were relatively hygienic.

Temps was were it was at if you wanted to live life on the edge.

tbrick18

Quote from: thewobbler on May 04, 2021, 10:47:36 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 04, 2021, 07:12:23 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on May 04, 2021, 05:50:56 PM
Quote from: TabClear on May 04, 2021, 04:37:57 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 04, 2021, 03:38:28 PM
You wouldn't have kept a Jack Russell in some of the kips on Wellesley Ave.

A Jack Russell would have been safer up those streets than down near Renshaws, bit too close to Kam Wah in botanic....

Dear god I forgot about the Kam Wah! Wee auld fella used to sit out the back and shout at everyone.
Place was stinking.

I was never a huge renshaws fan, but does anyone remember the Crescent on Sandy Row? Jeez it was some spot...2 quid in, drinks about 80p. Sawdust on the floor and and a very dodgy management.
The attic in laverys was class in the mid 90s too, a wee dingy nightclub.

Crescent UDA downstairs catholic students upstairs, I darken it's door once, being a local I was wise to the joint

We went  there every Tuesday and Thursday in 95 and 96.

There was a rumour that rustled and died on a 3-4 week cycle that the UDA would be kneecapping catholics if they wouldn't  stay away. 6 tins beforehand was always enough to reroute thoughts of going somewhere else but more expensive. Then inside once again you'd quickly realise that everyone in the place was catholic, was steaming, didn't give a f**k, and was wired up happy with double gin and Hooch for £3. That, and everyone seemed to wear grey. Always.

Stole a couple of pictures off the wall one night. The girl I was walking home was freaking out that I'd get me knees done for it. Still have one of the pictures to this day. I've no idea why.

Great times.

Yup...same as that....though i didnt steal any pictures.
Had to be one of the easiest spots in belfast at the time for picking up. Probably because everyone was trollied.
Good music, cheap booze, sawdust on the floor (making us country boys feel a bit more comfortable), and loadsa weemin. What's not to love.

tbrick18

Jeez there's a flashback!
Used to live around the corner from the Empire, was prob in it twice a week. I loved it till one night a crowd of us were at a SLF concert in it. Must have been 97-98.
The whole place was jumping and the bouncers decided to come into the crowd to pick someone out for ejection. That started a row, bouncers started punching all round them and throwing out random people they could grab. Then about 10 land rovers of cops landed outside which just got things going right.
Kind of put me off the place a bit.

tbrick18

Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on May 05, 2021, 12:10:08 PM

Did a good chicken fillet burger :)

tbrick18

Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on May 05, 2021, 02:01:28 PM
The Bot did a feed and a pint for a good deal when I was about. Think it was steak, chips and pint for £5. For when the loans had just came in. Pints used to come out from the kitchen too, weren't pulled at the bar.

The Bot used to do a lunch time thing, a basket of wings or wedges for a pound.
I did Computers at Uni and the building was on the other side of the road, so manys a lunctime started in the bot for the cheap basket and a pint....and you'd finish up hammered at 6 oclock and hitting the Kam Wah on the way home.

trueblue1234

Casa Nostra on the Ormeau road was another ropey joint!!
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit