China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: sid waddell on February 22, 2021, 11:32:06 AM
I wonder how much overlap there is between people who are currently hysterically going on about a so called "police state" and people who in normal times are demanding more police on the streets and to flog criminals - the "tough on crime, hang em' high" , pro-death penalty brigade

A big overlap, I would guess
If I never saw another cop on the street it'd be too soon.

JoG2

Didn't think this thread could get any crazier   :D

Rossfan

Indeed. A couple of the loonier elements let loose this morning.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: JoG2 on February 22, 2021, 11:55:53 AM
Didn't think this thread could get any crazier   :D

I think we'll see a new wave, so to speak.....when restrictions start loosening.

Taylor

Its bonkers.

And not only this thread - its most of them now.

Perhaps this lockdown has had a serious impact on some posters.

imtommygunn

I would definitely say it has.

Armagh18

Angelo

From my reading on here, the posters who think they haven't been impacted by these lockdowns are probably the ones who have gone the most crazy.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

The Covid backtracks

The virus is not airborne to The virus is airborne
Masks don't work to Masks do work
Children are superspreaders to Children are low risk spreaders

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

GetOverTheBar

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-vaccine-rollout-linked-to-85-and-94-drop-in-coronavirus-hospital-admissions-in-scotland-study-shows-12225532

Exceptional News.

Hopefully....just a little longer to go now.

On another note, is anyone really annoyed by the leaks and dirty deals between the Govt and Media?

How does the UK know exactly what Boris is going to say tonight, 24 hours before he actually says it....it looks like it's you scratch my back....

Taylor

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 22, 2021, 01:50:59 PM
https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-vaccine-rollout-linked-to-85-and-94-drop-in-coronavirus-hospital-admissions-in-scotland-study-shows-12225532

Exceptional News.

On another note, is anyone really annoyed by the leaks and dirty deals between the Govt and Media?

How does the UK know exactly what Boris is going to say tonight, 24 hours before he actually says it....it looks like it's you scratch my back....

The cynic would say it is being leaked to get the general feeling of the public and see what sort (if any) uproar there is.

Where there is no massive uproar they go with that - if there is an uproar they will try to make changes.

Stinks

mackers

Exceptional News.

That's great news.  The EU will be left with egg on their face after their decision not to give the Oxford jab to the over 65's with Macron saying it was "quasi-ineffective" for that age group.  Think there was a big anti-Brit sentiment with that statement. Time to rectify the error and get it into more people's arms.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

armaghniac

Quote from: mackers on February 22, 2021, 03:23:25 PM

Exceptional News.

That's great news.  The EU will be left with egg on their face after their decision not to give the Oxford jab to the over 65's with Macron saying it was "quasi-ineffective" for that age group.  Think there was a big anti-Brit sentiment with that statement. Time to rectify the error and get it into more people's arms.

I don't see why anyone should have egg on their face for waiting for actual proper research when dealing with vulnerable people.
When there is authoritative research they'll change their recommendation, as John Maynard Keynes said "when I receive new data I change my opinion, what should I do?".
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

mackers

Quote from: armaghniac on February 22, 2021, 03:41:24 PM
Quote from: mackers on February 22, 2021, 03:23:25 PM

Exceptional News.

I don't see why anyone should have egg on their face for waiting for actual proper research when dealing with vulnerable people.
When there is authoritative research they'll change their recommendation, as John Maynard Keynes said "when I receive new data I change my opinion, what should I do?".
Do you think the "quasi-ineffective" statement was correct when he didn't have the data to back up the statement?
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.