China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: Louther on February 10, 2021, 08:57:10 AM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on February 10, 2021, 07:23:19 AM
No doubt it is a tough watch
Do you ever watch the programmes above starvation in kids in poor countries?
Also a very tough watch with millions of kids dying per year.
Never seen you make a comment about that
That's right because you ignore that

If that's the level of your debate and response you're a pathetic individual. You can tell when someone has nothing constructive to say and the barrel has  already scraped, they just resort to whataboutery and try to make others feel guilty just to make themselves relevant.

As if you care about others, comment is lower than a snakes belly.

Pathetic.

He has a valid point and people like you don't live to have your faux outrage and faux hysteria shown up.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Taylor

Angelo and Angelo lite will be busy today - hoping no one quotes them so I dont have to read nonsense.

Imagine being the font of all knowledge and not even being able to read a report on votes  ;D ;D

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: mackers on February 09, 2021, 07:35:28 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 09, 2021, 05:34:02 PM
The North posts its best figures in some months today.

How does the CMO react?

Tells people that restrictions won't be fully lifted until 70-80% of population is vaccinated.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-56000840

There are some people very happy in the limelight during this pandemic. This gentleman is one.
Whilst I can see that the CMOs' roles both north and south is to keep a lid on things and be cautious they do need to bear people's mental health in mind when delivering their news. I do think they overcook the negativity and could present their opinions in a more balanced way.

This is my point, of course other posters go on their usual rants as per some 800 pages of this topic.

The CMO is not an elected official. He has no need to be on a podium delivering gloom. Because he is not ever going to be answerable to the electorate like MON or AF he can basically say what he wants, how he wants. 

Saying that 70 or 80% needs to be vaccinated fuels the conspiracy nuts, which is what twitter when I clicked into it last night was full of unfortunately. Does that help the buy in ethos of the vaccine?

sid waddell

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 10, 2021, 09:53:37 AM

How does the CMO react?

Tells people that restrictions won't be fully lifted until 70-80% of population is vaccinated.

There are some people very happy in the limelight during this pandemic. This gentleman is one.
Whilst I can see that the CMOs' roles both north and south is to keep a lid on things and be cautious they do need to bear people's mental health in mind when delivering their news. I do think they overcook the negativity and could present their opinions in a more balanced way.

This is my point, of course other posters go on their usual rants as per some 800 pages of this topic.

The CMO is not an elected official. He has no need to be on a podium delivering gloom. Because he is not ever going to be answerable to the electorate like MON or AF he can basically say what he wants, how he wants. 

Saying that 70 or 80% needs to be vaccinated fuels the conspiracy nuts, which is what twitter when I clicked into it last night was full of unfortunately. Does that help the buy in ethos of the vaccine?
Conspiracy nuts need no fuelling whatsoever, they are attention seekers and will seek attention in any way they can

Saying that 70 or 80% need to be vaccinated is the truth, it may not even be enough, it's widely thought that at least 85% take up may be needed because more transmissible variants are now becoming dominant

Were we not all agreed at the start of this pandemic that truth was essential, given the lessons of the Spanish Flu pandemic or a century ago?

I would have hoped we were agreed on that

But it seems some now want to repeat the same mistakes and want sugar coating and lies - not truth

BennyCake

Quote from: sid waddell on February 10, 2021, 09:59:41 AM

How does the CMO react?

Conspiracy nuts need no fuelling whatsoever, they are attention seekers and will seek attention in any way they can

Saying that 70 or 80% need to be vaccinated is the truth, it may not even be enough, it's widely thought that at least 85% take up may be needed because more transmissible variants are now becoming dominant

Were we not all agreed at the start of this pandemic that truth was essential, given the lessons of the Spanish Flu pandemic or a century ago?

But it seems some now want to repeat the same mistakes and want sugar coating and lies - not truth

Yes, of course everyone wants the truth where a pandemic is concerned, as it affects us all. But you're never going to get that while politicians, corrupt governments, mainstream media and big pharmaceuticals are concerned. Politicians are only concerned about themselves and their positions/parties, mainstream peddle their bullshit and pharmaceuticals are only concerned with making money.

sid waddell

Quote from: BennyCake on February 10, 2021, 10:13:57 AM

How does the CMO react?

Yes, of course everyone wants the truth where a pandemic is concerned, as it affects us all. But you're never going to get that while politicians, corrupt governments, mainstream media and big pharmaceuticals are concerned. Politicians are only concerned about themselves and their positions/parties, mainstream peddle their bullshit and pharmaceuticals are only concerned with making money.
You peddle the cuckoo conspiracy theory that this is a plandemic so it's pretty obvious truth is the last thing you're interested in

mackers

Nobody wants lies. The nature of the delivery has to change. Like some on here the delivery of bad news seems to suit certain people.  You can imagine older people especially sitting in the house hearing this news.  They were told that we could see the light at the end of the tunnel and now he goes off on a tangent making analogies about cars and they think they're looking at a further year sitting in the house despite the fact they've been vaccinated.  Depressing stuff.  It's messing with people's heads.
I presume that he's not talking about the full lockdown that we're experiencing at the minute continuing into next year.  Give people an idea of what restrictions he's talking about next winter.  Will pubs be closed? Maybe.  That's unlikely to annoy too many pensioners so let them know that non-essential shops will probably open with masks.  Cafes will be open with social distancing applied.  Golf Courses and other outdoor sports which are low risk would probably still be open.  Extenuate the positive, not the negative.  Give people something to look forward to instead of the opposite.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

sid waddell

Quote from: mackers on February 10, 2021, 10:17:53 AM
Nobody wants lies. The nature of the delivery has to change. Like some on here the delivery of bad news seems to suit certain people.
This makes no sense whatsoever

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on February 10, 2021, 10:16:49 AM

How does the CMO react?

You peddle the cuckoo conspiracy theory that this is a plandemic so it's pretty obvious truth is the last thing you're interested in

What conspiracy theories?

Tell me this, do you really believe big pharma are an ethical industry?

Are you unaware of their culture of kickbacks, inducements, knowingly putting dodgy drugs on the market, price fixing on drugs?

BennyCake

Quote from: sid waddell on February 10, 2021, 10:16:49 AM

How does the CMO react?

That's right, continue to fire names at me rather than comment on anything I say.

Milltown Row2

How does the CMO react?

The CMO will always err on caution, he's looking at models, trends, cases, new variants and so on. the government are trying to decide safety and economy. That's what they will be judged on.

The lockdowns were half arsed and that's why we have the results we had.

Should things drop off like they seem to be doing,  the government will open up a bit more, I'd be hopeful we'll be having dinner out on the 5th of March, outside sports will open up and we'll have a GAA season to look forward too.

The vaccines will rapidly reduce admissions to hospitals and illness's will be treatable at home, allowing us to get back to normal
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Louther

It's always been the way with this that once numbers drop, people get anxious for restrictions lifting and as soon as any restrictions are lifted, people let guard down and go further than what was anticipated. It's been hard on people, so hard to blame when this happens. But we've been there and it's not worked.

They have committed to the 22nd Feb as release of a roadmap, which I think will be lot more proudent than previously with tragets rather than dates for easing of restrictions. Nothing will change until 5th March even with this.

The point that people make of doom and gloom in the media or from the CMO or Government, is more than balanced than others who at first drop in numbers start shouting for lifting of restrictions. They equally drive the agenda of painting a different picture from the reality. There has to be balance somewhere in the middle but in today's world, that is hard to find.

mackers

Quote from: sid waddell on February 10, 2021, 10:20:06 AM
Nobody wants lies. The nature of the delivery has to change. Like some on here the delivery of bad news seems to suit certain people.
I don't have the time or inclination to get into tit-for-tat posting that others do.  I think you know what I mean.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

clarshack

I thought it made perfect sense myself.

Angelo

Quote from: clarshack on February 10, 2021, 12:04:44 PM

I thought it made perfect sense myself.

Ditto, the zealots don't like people who challenge their views.