China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Ah Sid, you've played out the philosophical rants on this board re: the right wing / trump whatever. Your like Brolly at this stage, veering to get it into whatever the post on the board may be. It's the same stuff.

Stick to the topic lad.

sid waddell

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 09, 2021, 06:28:56 PM
Ah Sid, you've played out the philosophical rants on this board re: the right wing / trump whatever. Your like Brolly at this stage, veering to get it into whatever the post on the board may be. It's the same stuff.

Stick to the topic lad.
The NI CMO was imparting important information to the public

Exactly what about that do you have a problem with?

It is important that the public understand what needs to be done to get out of this pandemic

Lack of knowledge is why we have people saying "vaccinate the over 70s and this is over"

Unfortunately that is not the case

Blowitupref

Quote from: sid waddell on February 09, 2021, 05:26:26 PMe
Quote from: dublin7 on February 09, 2021, 05:11:03 PM
Quote from: Louther on February 09, 2021, 05:06:07 PM
Lads - no one wants a lockdown - Public,Businesses, Government, Public Health, Scientists etc etc. It's no fun for anyone and massive consequences for everyone. There is no winners.

Cases and all the indicators have dropped - brilliant and it's getting positive on Vaccines, slowly in ROI but more so in UK.

But let's not all get excited and unbolt the door for a sake of a few weeks. We wanted restrictions eased for Xmas and it had a huge consequence.

With an end, please god, in sight there shouldn't be mass removal of restrictions but a prudent lifting so that they don't have to come back on any level. That's what everyone wants, normality.

We have to be reasonable to get free of these godforsaken times once and for all. Let's not even consider an alternative at present.

The 5th March is nearly a month away. It's unfair to expect the government to say today what they' do in a months time given how quickly things can change. The daily case figures are still at or above the 1,000 mark and they have consistently said they want to see low case numbers on a consistent basis before opening up.

Leo did they will release a road map for were they see the country going on the 22nd. That seems fair enough to me.
We're still bobbing around the 1000 cases per day

March 5th is three and a half weeks away and it seems unlikely we'll have got down to, say, 200 cases by then - 200 cases being where we previously opened up with disastrous effect on December 1st

Even if we did, it's not a safe starting point to open up - especially given we now have the super transmissible UK variant becoming dominant

Also March 5th is still pretty much winter, you'd really have to get into April at least before we'd start seeing any benefit from the change of season and the possible beneficial effect that might have on the number of Covid cases

7 day average is at 945 cases per day. Five day average is lower again 857.

NPHET reckon we are still on course for 200 to 400 cases per day average by the end of this month. At best it will level 4 or +4 restrictions in March,  what we had at Christmas was basically Level 2 restrictions and too many people letting their guards down.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

tonto1888

Quote from: Louther on February 09, 2021, 05:37:39 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 09, 2021, 05:34:02 PM
The North posts its best figures in some months today.

How does the CMO react?

Tells people that restrictions won't be fully lifted until 70-80% of population is vaccinated.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-56000840

There are some people very happy in the limelight during this pandemic. This gentleman is one.

Yeah, he flipped a coin years ago to either become a highly trained medical officer or go on the X factor to bask in the limelight. He can't believe his luck that a chance has come up to do both, he going to make it last.  ::)

This made me chuckle. Correct of course.

Rossfan

Naw.
His choices were Medical Officer or GAAboard bullsh1t poster.
Smurfy and Angelo and 1 or 2 others' coins landed on the latter.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mackers

How does the CMO react?

Tells people that restrictions won't be fully lifted until 70-80% of population is vaccinated.

There are some people very happy in the limelight during this pandemic. This gentleman is one.
Whilst I can see that the CMOs' roles both north and south is to keep a lid on things and be cautious they do need to bear people's mental health in mind when delivering their news. I do think they overcook the negativity and could present their opinions in a more balanced way.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

armaghniac

Quote from: mackers on February 09, 2021, 07:35:28 PM

How does the CMO react?

Whilst I can see that the CMOs' roles both north and south is to keep a lid on things and be cautious they do need to bear people's mental health in mind when delivering their news. I do think they overcook the negativity and could present their opinions in a more balanced way.

There is a lot of opening up before we reach fully removing restrictions and in NI that number of adults can be vaccinated by the 12th of July. The problem is that the thing will still spread until children can be vaccinated and the vaccines are still being tested on under 16s.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Angelo

Quote from: Rossfan on February 09, 2021, 07:31:39 PM
Naw.
His choices were Medical Officer or GAAboard bullsh1t poster.
Smurfy and Angelo and 1 or 2 others' coins landed on the latter.

Oh look the chap who claims to have me on ignore but can't stop posting about me.

If I had thought you had any moral fibre I might ask if you are still going around cheerleading a lad who us going to be up on genocide charges as an authority on this virus.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

the goal was on

Yeah and the CMO does not decide when lockdowns end or lessen, there to provide advice, Mc bride often fails to answer difficult questions refering to the fact that he has no authority on policies ! Today though he seems to be deciding on restrictions into the future !!

Louther

RTE Investigates a tough watch tonight showing the impact of Covid in Tallaght Hospital.

dublin7

Quote from: Louther on February 09, 2021, 10:41:14 PM
RTE Investigates a tough watch tonight showing the impact of Covid in Tallaght Hospital.

I didn't see it personally, but I imagine it's tougher for the medical staff than dealing with the flu

Angelo

Quote from: dublin7 on February 10, 2021, 12:20:47 AM
Quote from: Louther on February 09, 2021, 10:41:14 PM

I didn't see it personally, but I imagine it's tougher for the medical staff than dealing with the flu

Flu denier.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Smurfy123

No doubt it is a tough watch
Do you ever watch the programmes above starvation in kids in poor countries?
Also a very tough watch with millions of kids dying per year.
Never seen you make a comment about that
That's right because you ignore that

Milltown Row2

Abbot and Costello on form early today...

Two bluffers
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Louther

Quote from: Smurfy123 on February 10, 2021, 07:23:19 AM
No doubt it is a tough watch
Do you ever watch the programmes above starvation in kids in poor countries?
Also a very tough watch with millions of kids dying per year.
Never seen you make a comment about that
That's right because you ignore that

If that's the level of your debate and response you're a pathetic individual. You can tell when someone has nothing constructive to say and the barrel has  already scraped, they just resort to whataboutery and try to make others feel guilty just to make themselves relevant.

As if you care about others, comment is lower than a snakes belly.

Pathetic.