China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Smurfy123 on February 09, 2021, 02:15:42 PM
The north of Ireland has reported the lowest number of cases on a day today for 4 and a half months
You tell me it's not seasonal
Let's start moving towards talk of slowly opening our country and to get some form of life back
With the restrictions announcement due in 10 days what will be first to lift on March 5th?

Schools?
Pubs?
Restaurants?
Retail?
Leisure?
Sports?

Let's move from the doom and gloom that milltown and the lads keep putting out

Expecting this to be received well.

Jeepers Creepers

275 new cases in the North as at 09/02/21,  lowest since 1st of October.

Angelo

Quote from: Smurfy123 on February 09, 2021, 02:15:42 PM
The north of Ireland has reported the lowest number of cases on a day today for 4 and a half months
You tell me it's not seasonal
Let's start moving towards talk of slowly opening our country and to get some form of life back
With the restrictions announcement due in 10 days what will be first to lift on March 5th?

Schools?
Pubs?
Restaurants?
Retail?
Leisure?
Sports?

Let's move from the doom and gloom that milltown and the lads keep putting out

Hopefully the barbers.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on February 09, 2021, 11:55:12 AM
Quote from: Angelo on February 09, 2021, 10:16:52 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on February 08, 2021, 10:37:38 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on February 08, 2021, 09:20:27 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 08, 2021, 01:18:21 PM
But then there are the maybe 15-20% who will just not get it

I've an easy fix for that.

"Hello, operator, I'm sick with covid, I need an ambulance"

"OK, whats your health number? I need to check did you get the vaccine."

"I didn't get it, its all a big pharma conspiracy"

"Ah, well, in that case, the ambulance might take quite some time to get to you - your straight to the bottom of the queue. We'll prioritise folks that followed public health advice."

So if someone is having a heart attack, they don't get an ambulance if they smoke the odd fag or eat the odd burger?

Or how about...

- Hello, Mourne Rescue? I'm stuck up on Slieve Donard. I slipped and hurt my ankle, and I cant get down.
What are you wearing on your feet, big lad?
- Adidas trainers.
You can f**kin stay up there then!

Zealots like Radio only discriminate against people with reservations on a hastily manufactured and tested vaccine. People drink, smoke and drive their cars in the knowledge that those actions could lead to deaths but in Radio's warped view of the world he only decides to discriminate against one type of people.
Do you think Radio GAA GAA genuinely believes that people who refuse to get a vaccine should be denied medical treatment?

Or does it just suit your pretend "argument" to pretend you think that?

That's what he said. Why don't we ask him?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

clarshack

Quote from: lenny on February 09, 2021, 02:06:09 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on February 09, 2021, 01:55:13 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on February 09, 2021, 11:37:13 AM
Zealots like Radio only discriminate against people with reservations on a hastily manufactured and tested vaccine. People drink, smoke and drive their cars in the knowledge that those actions could lead to deaths but in Radio's warped view of the world he only decides to discriminate against one type of people.

You are no longer allowed to smoke in places where your smoke will damage other people. You can drink, but not if you drive, and driving cars generally is subject to a lot of rules, from having to have a driving test, MOT, etc. You cannot pursue a career as a truck driver if you do not pass the required test and you should not have  career as a nurse if do not get a vaccine.

Welcome to Nazi Germany people.

There is no way any nurse should be reticent at all about taking the vaccine. A nurse is in charge of vulnerable and sick people. With the incubation period of up to 2 weeks for this virus an infected nurse could spread the virus to numerous people before she developed any symptoms and got herself tested. I know some nurses are refusing the vaccine but in my book they should be suspended without pay until they are vaccinated.

:o :o :o

BennyCake

You are no longer allowed to smoke in places where your smoke will damage other people. You can drink, but not if you drive, and driving cars generally is subject to a lot of rules, from having to have a driving test, MOT, etc. You cannot pursue a career as a truck driver if you do not pass the required test and you should not have  career as a nurse if do not get a vaccine.

There is no way any nurse should be reticent at all about taking the vaccine. A nurse is in charge of vulnerable and sick people. With the incubation period of up to 2 weeks for this virus an infected nurse could spread the virus to numerous people before she developed any symptoms and got herself tested. I know some nurses are refusing the vaccine but in my book they should be suspended without pay until they are vaccinated.

But the vaccine doesn't stop transmission of the virus.

South Laois man

Benny more data is due on that in the next couple of weeks. But it looks like vaccines at least reduce transmission.

GetOverTheBar

I think.....the vaccine is proven to reduce viral load, therefore it has an effect on reduction of transmission by same token.

dublin7

Quote from: BennyCake on February 09, 2021, 02:58:40 PM

There isn't enough data available to confirm if the vaccine does or doesn't prevent transmission of the virus. In an early study of the Astra Zeneca vaccine experts believe it can reduce the transmission of the virus.

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3777268

If people aren't vaccinated then case numbers won't fall and the country can't ease the lockdown restrictions. Also if people get vaccinated they are unlikely to get covid and they then are unlikely to pass it on, which is a major issue for nurses dealing with elderly people in nursing homes or hospital patients whose immune systems would be weak due to their relevant illness   

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on February 09, 2021, 02:50:06 PM
275 new cases in the North as at 09/02/21,  lowest since 1st of October.

Not a whole pile about it in the media either. Good news doesn't sell.

BennyCake

Quote from: dublin7 on February 09, 2021, 03:42:59 PM

There isn't enough data available to confirm if the vaccine does or doesn't prevent transmission of the virus. In an early study of the Astra Zeneca vaccine experts believe it can reduce the transmission of the virus.

If people aren't vaccinated then case numbers won't fall and the country can't ease the lockdown restrictions. Also if people get vaccinated they are unlikely to get covid and they then are unlikely to pass it on, which is a major issue for nurses dealing with elderly people in nursing homes or hospital patients whose immune systems would be weak due to their relevant illness

What experts? Astra Zeneca's experts?

And by how much does it reduce it? 50%? 85%? 5%? 0.00001%? It's all a bit vague, don't you think?

I mean, do you really trust these people? Because I certainly don't!

sid waddell

Quote from: Angelo on February 09, 2021, 02:53:57 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 09, 2021, 11:55:12 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on February 08, 2021, 10:37:38 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on February 08, 2021, 09:20:27 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 08, 2021, 01:18:21 PM
But then there are the maybe 15-20% who will just not get it

I've an easy fix for that.

"Hello, operator, I'm sick with covid, I need an ambulance"

"OK, whats your health number? I need to check did you get the vaccine."

"I didn't get it, its all a big pharma conspiracy"

"Ah, well, in that case, the ambulance might take quite some time to get to you - your straight to the bottom of the queue. We'll prioritise folks that followed public health advice."

So if someone is having a heart attack, they don't get an ambulance if they smoke the odd fag or eat the odd burger?

Or how about...

- Hello, Mourne Rescue? I'm stuck up on Slieve Donard. I slipped and hurt my ankle, and I cant get down.
What are you wearing on your feet, big lad?
- Adidas trainers.
You can f**kin stay up there then!

Do you think Radio GAA GAA genuinely believes that people who refuse to get a vaccine should be denied medical treatment?

Or does it just suit your pretend "argument" to pretend you think that?

That's what he said. Why don't we ask him?
You didn't answer the question

sid waddell

Think you'll find the Nazis much preferred killing off the sick and the elderly to saving them

Anti-lockdowners, Covid denialists and general professional contrarians do a mean line in complaining about justified and historically literate Nazi references and then using ludicrous, unironic, historically illiterate ones themselves

Case in point there

dublin7

Quote from: BennyCake on February 09, 2021, 03:53:39 PM

And by how much does it reduce it? 50%? 85%? 5%? 0.00001%? It's all a bit vague, don't you think?

If you looked at the paper the people/organisations involved (and not limited to) includes the following:

South African Medical Research Council
College of Medical, Veterinary & Life Sciences, Glasgow Dental Hospital & School, University of
Glasgow
Department of Infection, Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust, St Thomas' Hospital, London
Department of Clinical Sciences, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine and Liverpool University
Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

This paper has  been presented for peer review to all medical professionals so if the results are doctored or fudged as you think then it will soon be brought to light. Until then I'm happy to believe the medical experts opinion

BennyCake

Quote from: dublin7 on February 09, 2021, 04:04:42 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on February 09, 2021, 03:53:39 PM

If you looked at the paper the people/organisations involved (and not limited to) includes the following:

South African Medical Research Council
College of Medical, Veterinary & Life Sciences, Glasgow Dental Hospital & School, University of
Glasgow
Department of Infection, Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust, St Thomas' Hospital, London
Department of Clinical Sciences, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine and Liverpool University
Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

This paper has  been presented for peer review to all medical professionals so if the results are doctored or fudged as you think then it will soon be brought to light. Until then I'm happy to believe the medical experts opinion

Sure it will.