Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bacon

2 Umpires sent off? What was that about?

Jonny McCusker stands out at this level & Im not surprised he is doing the business for Ballela.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

Whitehair

First umpire was a Ballela man, one of our players went round the keeper and was taken down, i thought it was a penalty, then with the player on the ground there was some swinging and the lad got his head split. Ref gave a throw ball. Umpire was animated, said it was a joke etc and got the line. Second half a Cran umpire was mouthin, f'in and blindin about a decision, shouting he hadnt a clue and was a disgrace to the county. Ref went to take his name and he was shouted that he wasn't even a paid member of the club, never gave his name and walked off.

Mhic Easmuint

Draw is tonight (Friday 30th May) at approx. 9.30pm.

Online sales at http://antrim.gaa.ie finish at 8.45pm

Your last chance to get a ticket to win one of the great prizes.  

Funds generated to go towards the planned Centre of Excellence.
Plans and Video Fly-through available on the website:
http://antrim.gaa.ie/centre-of-excellence/

Trouble Ahead

Have tried to post this on Hogan in our section and they have blocked it all week.

" Conflict of Interest"

How can Ray Matthews referee our Minor Hurlers this Sunday, When his Brother in law is the Armagh coach "Rogie", and he coaches the Armagh goalkeepers-- What are Ulster Council thinking. I am not saying it would be deliberate, but i would hate to see a crunch decision in the last few minutes!! He is a good referee i hear, but how he should have withdrawn from the game!

johnneycool

Quote from: Whitehair on May 30, 2008, 12:00:55 AM
Ref went to take his name and he was shouted that he wasn't even a paid member of the club, never gave his name and walked off.

doesn't matter, Ballycran are stil responsible for him whether he's a paid up member or not.

As for Ray Matthews, he certainly is in a no win situation and probably shouldn't be refereeing the game if he's an Armagh goalkeeping coach. Saying that I've never had reason to question his integrity and impartiality whilst refereeing Down hurlers unlike a few other high profile Ulster hurling referees.

Our Nail Loney

St Michaels beat Bosco tonight. Were losing by six points at half time and turned it around

TORGAEL

ACFL DIV3

Drumgath 1-10
Teconnaught 3-4

AnDunYeGo

Carryduff beat Bredagh by 2

anyone know how glasdrumman got on?

SCENTOFSAM

amallon

Mayobridge 2-15 Loughinisland 1-8.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Minus15

Glasdrumman beat Glenn by 2 points in a bizarre game of footbal, marred by the card happy referee who felt it more important to show his authority rather than contributing to the flow of the game.

Glenn had the better of the first half and led by 3 points at half time. In the second half Glenn struck a goal and that was to be their final score. The ref in fairness gave Glenn quite a lot of soft frees up until that point but proceeded to present Glasdrumman with a plethora of scoreable frees. The introduction of Down minor connor harrison shortly after half time swung it in Glasdrumman's favour, converting some fine scores. Glenn, who had been doing well, lost the midfield battle after Cormac Murphy was move from 14 to 11 and started to dominate break ball and supply Harrison.

On the ref note, the game ended about 20 minutes later than it would have due to his needless stopping of the game to tell people "I'm in charge". He sent off Colm Murtagh for querying a decision. said he told him to f**k off which he did not. prior to this he sent off a Glasdruman selector and also a Glenn coach. After the game, having been approached by some officials of both teams, he told Glenn that they threw the game away and not to blame him goading officials calling them nothing other than water boys. He ruined the game for both sides and was a disgrace.

Glasdrumman deserved their win though. Glenn stopped after their third goal and just took the wrong options in front of goal when their chances arrived. and young harrison is one to look out for. However, weren't tonight's games starred? How does that apply to minors?

Final Score
Glenn 3-05
Glasdrumman 0-16

Bitta-Banter

Tullylsih beat Dundrum well
Ballymartin 3-11 Darragh Cross 2-11

stpauls

Drumaness 0-14 St. Paul's 2-08

first away points of Division 3 for us, and well earned too. we were 6-1 down after about 20 minutes, got 1-3 just before half time to go in a point ahead.

second half we kept battling and got a free at the death to earn the point. ref bottled it after the Drumaness full forward knocked our FB out cold with a Judas punch.

Drumaness could have sealed the win just before our last score but the corner forward somehow sliced the shot wide.

In the Onion Bag

Congrats St Pauls on your 1st away points. 
Don't like to hear about 'Judas punches' but they do happen and a few bad apples in the Drumanness camp are capable of it.

spiritof91and94

Bryansford 0.15 Annaclone 0.09