Guess the Sindo Headline

Started by mylestheslasher, October 14, 2011, 10:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louther

Shocking carry on and no messing with the action taking. You'd hope it serve as a warning to rest and I'm sure some twitter accounts will go quiet and a few heads looking over shoulder.

Once again it highlights what a cesspit the likes of twitter can be with faceless posters and constant trolling, no one has a monopoly on that practice.

This type of stuff sticks. Gript at it again this week with another false story about made up relations of Eamon Ryan. Posted a story and left it there for hours before removing and issuing an "apology" but harm was done and was been quoted all over social media by the usual suspects.

Media needs a serious clear out.

Itchy

Quote from: Louther on May 07, 2021, 11:10:16 AM
Shocking carry on and no messing with the action taking. You'd hope it serve as a warning to rest and I'm sure some twitter accounts will go quiet and a few heads looking over shoulder.

Once again it highlights what a cesspit the likes of twitter can be with faceless posters and constant trolling, no one has a monopoly on that practice.

This type of stuff sticks. Gript at it again this week with another false story about made up relations of Eamon Ryan. Posted a story and left it there for hours before removing and issuing an "apology" but harm was done and was been quoted all over social media by the usual suspects.

Media needs a serious clear out.

Maybe no messing, I wonder how long they knew about it. I wonder who else is involved. Did they get wind that all was about to come out anyway? Harris has been disgracing himself under his real name in that paper for a long time and nothing was done.

Angelo

You just need to look at some of the main writers and editors of the mainstream media.

Simon Conveney - FG - brother is Director of strategy at RTE
Kate O'Connell - FG - brother in law is Indo political correspondent Hugh O'Connell
Averil Power - former FF - was married to Indo editor Fionan Sheehan
Jim O'Callaghan - FF - sister is RTE current affairs broadcaster Miriam O'Callaghan
Leo Varadkar - FG - biographer Phillip Ryan is Indo political editor

Then you have the likes of Tubridy from a staunch FF family, Sean O'Rourke enjoying a nice cosy relationship with FFG friends as was exposed at the Golfgate incident, Joe Duffy being involved in defaming SF TDs on a number of occasions now.

And some people will say there is no obvious agenda with the Free State Media. It's endemic before you even start with the likes of Harris, RDE and Eilish O'Hanlon.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Pub Bore

I note that Brandon Lewis was a follower of the account along with Carla Lockhart, Newtown Emerson, Mick Fealty and many of that ilk.  Twitter has now suspended 8 or 9 other accounts linked to Barbara J Pym.

north_antrim_hound

Can someone enlighten me as to what sort of content was in these accounts. I haven't read the indo for years due to the one dimensional dribble they have spurted out. I'm assuming these accounts where Directed at undermining SF and republicanism given the characters involved. Is that west Brit Ian O Doherty still there. On the subject the paper isn't even sold here in Dunloy anymore as they seem  to be targeting places like cullybackey or Dervock for sales.  Sorry for my ignorance on the subject at hand.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

tiempo

Quote from: Pub Bore on May 07, 2021, 03:06:22 PM
I note that Brandon Lewis was a follower of the account along with Carla Lockhart, Newtown Emerson, Mick Fealty and many of that ilk.  Twitter has now suspended 8 or 9 other accounts linked to Barbara J Pym.

Will have been a late evening for alt-DUP on twitter scanning the pages and screenshotting the shite out of them for future recirculation.

Whats the story with alt-DUP anyway, is that someones full time paid job or what?

seafoid

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/twitter-suspends-nine-accounts-linked-to-profile-used-by-eoghan-harris-1.4558375?mode=amp

One of the account's targets was Irish Examiner political correspondent Aoife Grace Moore.

"This account sent me sexualised messages about whether Mary Lou McDonald 'turned me on', the size of my arse and called me a terrorist from the month I started at the Examiner. Since then, I've had to go to counselling and the guards," Ms Moore tweeted on Thursday after the Sunday Independent announced it had dropped Mr Harris.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Itchy

Barbera J Pym gives her unbiased reaction on the news...

https://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2021/05/07/leave-sexy-and-distinguished-eoghan-harris-alone-barbara-j-pym/

"Hello everyone, let me start by saying you're going to hear a lot of things being said about Eoghan Harris online and in the papers in the coming days, but only the vast majority of it will be true.

Before you open your minds I ask that you instead bang your head against the wall first as I think it's only right that for balance I say that Eoghan Harris is sexy, smart, respected and full of integrity. And I say this as someone with nothing to gain from saying so, as I have no personal connection to Eoghan, who is taller and slimmer in person than you might think.

Now that's out of the way, let me address the fact that the account operated in part by Eoghan sent sexualised messages to one journalist, engaged in ad hominem attacks, and wrote cringe-inducing supportive tweets praising himself. On this matter I will concede that:

Sinn Féin/IRA want to inject The Communist Manifesto directly into the brains of Ireland's children at point of birth.

Some may say Eoghan, who is the country's most insightful and articulate thinker and was once romantically linked to Mother Ireland, is a sad old obsessed man.

But by saying such things they're ruining the spotless reputation of a man who used his Sunday Independent position to staunchly defend Bertie Ahern's financial affairs and labeled key Moriarty tribunal witness Tom Gilmartin a fantasist; he did all this out of the goodness of his heart and got nothing for it except Ahern appointing him to the Seanad.

Others will say that Eoghan's unmasking as an anonymous online troll that obsessively denigrated Sinn Féin online, outside of his usual column, has actually gifted a massive win to the party and made him look like a complete f**king idiot, but actually I measured Eoghan's brain once with a measuring tape and the measuring tape wasn't big enough, that's how gargantuan his brain is.

Many will say Eoghan has never met an issue that he couldn't come out on the wrong side of, but may I remind you this is the man who poured scorn on John Hume's efforts to achieve peace in the North and supported the war in Iraq, so I've little doubt Eoghan will be back with more excellent points, and even more handsome than before.

Angelo

Some meltdown from Eoghan Harris on the radio.

Willie Frazeresque.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

gallsman

Christ this Eoghan Harris interview is even better than the Maria Bailey one. McInerney allowed him to make an absolute twat (well, more of one) of himself.

grounded

Quote from: gallsman on May 07, 2021, 07:34:21 PM
Christ this Eoghan Harris interview is even better than the Maria Bailey one. McInerney allowed him to make an absolute twat (well, more of one) of himself.

He's deranged. A loony of the highest order. Worryingly why is Micheal Martin taking advice from the eejit?

Itchy

His assertion that Twitter took down accounts due to pressure from big bad Sinn Fein. Loon.

yellowcard

I dare anybody to play a drinking game using that Eoghan Harris interview. Take a drink every time he mentions the words Sinn Fein and you'll be lying on your back before the interview is finished!

He has an unhealthy obsession with them, so much so that you'd really question where the absolute hatred comes from. I'd really love to know what happened him to cause him to live out his days obsessing on this subject or was he always like this? It's worse than Jim Allister or any of the hard line DUPers. He's a very useful propaganda tool for SF, if anything he's only helping bolster their support as he comes across as an old misogynistic bully.

Itchy

Excellently handled by Mcinerney who like a silent assassin ripped him asunder.