smelmoth

Quote from: Angelo on April 28, 2021, 09:38:12 AM
Quote from: smelmoth on April 28, 2021, 09:35:40 AM
Quote from: Angelo on April 28, 2021, 09:03:39 AM
Quote from: smelmoth on April 27, 2021, 02:33:36 PM
Quote from: Angelo on April 27, 2021, 02:20:46 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on April 27, 2021, 02:17:42 PM
Quote from: Angelo on April 27, 2021, 02:07:32 PM
Starmer is just a Diet Tory. The British media will have no problem facilitating him when the Tories crumble.

Explain?

You won't see the same media campaign against Starmer as you saw with Corbyn. His policies won't be that different to a Tory leader.

So you evidence that Starmer is "Diet Tory" is the lack of a campaign against him by the right wing media and your assessment of what his policies will be in the future???

Are you absolutely sure that you are being fair here?

It's called an opinion.

Have you an opinion that say he isn't?

That's grand.

If your opinions aren't based on any evidence you can think of then probably best not to advertise them. Makes you look a bit of thick

Facts are based on evidence.

Opinions are based on thoughts and views. Strange you didn't know that.

You're making yourself look like someone who is letting embittered emotion cloud any intelligent thought here.

Carrying on embarrassing yourself with inane and contrary contributions though.

I wonder how long the mods will tolerate this sad little creature and his ongoing attempt to wreck discussion?

I will stick to facts when forming my opinions.

In your world a foreman of the jury will tell the judge that whilst the facts say the defendant is guilty that the Jury have formed opinions, independent of fact that find the defendant guilty. You are the Trump legacy.

GetOverTheBar

Angelo catches another one.

You lads never learn  ;D

Angelo

Quote from: smelmoth on April 28, 2021, 09:42:06 AM
Quote from: Angelo on April 28, 2021, 09:04:10 AM
Quote from: smelmoth on April 27, 2021, 02:37:44 PM
Is it possible that the absence of a media campaign on the skeletons in Starmer's cupboard is actually due to the absence of skeletons in his cupboard?

The media did try to invent a skeleton in Donkey-gate but he made short work of them on that one.

There will be parts of the media who know there isn't a story in the Jimmy Saville case but I reckon they will trot it out just before the next general election. By the time Starmer puts the record straight the damage will have been done.

He's an unrepentant zionist, by his own admission.

Be careful not to cross the line into that racism that you are partial to?

What is the is the difference between Starmer's view on the existence of the state of Israel and that of say the late Tony Benn? What is the difference between their views on the expansion of the state of Israel?

Was Tony Benn an "unrepentant Zionist"

But anyway the point was the absence of a media campaign against Starmer. Surely you accept that there has been an attempt at it and it failed and there is a lack of material to mount a further one?

I think you tried the racism card and showed yourself up as a preening hypocrite.

No. I think Starmer is very much a Diet Tory, from the Tony Blair school of Labour and the extremely racist, right wing British media don't find him objectionable like they did Jeremy Corbyn.

Corbyn didn't have skeletons in his closet but it did not stop the British media running an utterly relentless campaign against him.

We'll just take it that you're an unrepentant zionist too.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

smelmoth

If anybody has anything sensible to say on this thread I'll happily pick it up from there?

Or we can watch this forum disappear down the sinkhole

Angelo

Quote from: smelmoth on April 28, 2021, 09:57:40 AM
If anybody has anything sensible to say on this thread I'll happily pick it up from there?

Or we can watch this forum disappear down the sinkhole

You're the guy who seems to be confused as to what an opinion is and then arrogant enough to confirm that misconception.

Run along now after you lost the argument.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

johnnycool

Quote from: smelmoth on April 27, 2021, 02:16:46 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on April 27, 2021, 02:06:18 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on April 27, 2021, 11:47:39 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on April 27, 2021, 11:17:53 AM
Stamer is useless - that is why.

Boris doesn't care about anybody bar himself so nothing he could say would be much of a surprise.

What do you reckon Starmer should do or should have already done?

He lets him away with his constant lying. Starmer is too nice and needs to put two feet into Boris at all opportunities.

He's even worse on Brexit.

Labour's electoral fortunes hang on winning the pro Brexit north. What do you think he should do?

How exactly does he let Johnson away with lies? I agree Johnson is lying and up to this point anyway getting away with it. But is it Starmer that is letting him away with it?

To win the Brexit North, he firstly has to admit that Brexit is here and that's that, but he can offer to renegotiate the terrible deal that's killing the fishing industry and lots of other industries like the automotive, so on an so forth. The reality of the hard Brexit Boris got will bite harder in the coming months and years once fulough is done away with and the Torys wrongly introduce austerity to pay for the huge money they've siphoned off to their chums under the Covid 19 response guise.

I'd watch the odd PM's questions and Starmer has Boris by the balls more times than enough, Boris comes back with a load of gibberish and bravado but Starmer is inclined to move onto the next point. He should keep insisting that Boris actually answers a question and make the speaker intervene.
The press up to now have given Boris a free ride although the Mail seems to have turned on him. Must be to get their man Gove in now!

Evil Genius

[Starmer is] an unrepentant zionist, by his own admission.
"If the definition of 'Zionist' is someone who believes in the state of Israel, in that sense I'm a Zionist." - Keir Starmer

Starmer is [also] a member of Labour Friends of Palestine & the Middle East, a parliamentary group that promotes support for the Palestinians and campaigns for "peace and justice in the Middle East through the implementation of international law and respect for human rights."

Though quite what this all has to do with Covid escapes me. On which point, any further comment on your previously expressed opinion masquerading as fact*?
"It's certainly serious over there [in India]  but it's no worse than the situation we had in the north at Christmas in terms of relative numbers"

(You might like to read this before replying: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-56890174)

* - Or do I mean "fact masquerading as opinion"?
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

smelmoth

Quote from: Evil Genius on April 28, 2021, 03:48:26 PM
[Starmer is] an unrepentant zionist, by his own admission.
"If the definition of 'Zionist' is someone who believes in the state of Israel, in that sense I'm a Zionist." - Keir Starmer

Starmer is [also] a member of Labour Friends of Palestine & the Middle East, a parliamentary group that promotes support for the Palestinians and campaigns for "peace and justice in the Middle East through the implementation of international law and respect for human rights."

Though quite what this all has to do with Covid escapes me. On which point, any further comment on your previously expressed opinion masquerading as fact*?
"It's certainly serious over there [in India]  but it's no worse than the situation we had in the north at Christmas in terms of relative numbers"

(You might like to read this before replying: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-56890174)

* - Or do I mean "fact masquerading as opinion"?

Just a note to say I enjoyed reading that.

Carry on

Armagh18

What do these clowns think they are at. Outdoor visits to households from 10th of May! Do they seriously think this isn't happening already for 99% of people? Be plenty of Donegal/Louth ones in Derry and Newry etc this weekend.

Rossfan

99% of people break speed limits.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 29, 2021, 10:59:32 AM
What do these clowns think they are at. Outdoor visits to households from 10th of May! Do they seriously think this isn't happening already for 99% of people? Be plenty of Donegal/Louth ones in Derry and Newry etc this weekend.

I'd imagine the Gardai will be notable missing patrolling their jurisdiction to those leaving this weekend.

They were right and good at stopping people enter not so long ago.

Time flies.

Louther

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 29, 2021, 10:59:32 AM

I am sure there are aware that lot of people are doing as they need to do or want to do. But they also is people sticking largely to the rules. They are laying out what the advice is step by step and hope it keeps reasonable people movement in place.

They hardly going to go from A to Z that quick and laugh that they know people aren't people aren't 100% onboard.

Their advice is measured. People following it are been measured in their own application. What they don't want is a free for all again.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

imtommygunn

Ah your good old nordie bashing again. It'd never happen anywhere else that kind of thing.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 30, 2021, 11:02:41 AM
Ah your good old nordie bashing again. It'd never happen anywhere else that kind of thing.

I'll take a pic at Newry later on and post it in here, 7 of 10 cars will be South Reg.

But sure that will be grand.....