Ulster Club Minor Hurling Championship

Started by Colonel Cool, December 28, 2006, 03:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Derry Daisy

Johnneycool any heads up on ballycran? Are they as good as everyone says? S'Neil have a great wee team but like Ballycran I'm sure their fed up, this competition runs on far too long!!!

SlimShady

Also a write up in the Gaelic Life about Ballycran vs Slaughtneil. With quotes from various selectors!!

Derry Daisy

As I don't have time to read newspapers and the like at work  ;), who looks like favourites in your hurling opinion slim??

SlimShady

i wouldnt have a notion about who'd win between Derry and Down Seniors at hurling let alone a minor club game. Was at one hurling game all year.

Derry Daisy

Quote from: SlimShady on January 12, 2007, 03:48:13 PM
i wouldnt have a notion about who'd win between Derry and Down Seniors at hurling let alone a minor club game. Was at one hurling game all year.

According to gaelic life or did you not read it because it was a hurling article!!!!!!!!!!!

SlimShady

it says above i read it.

it doesnt give any prediction.

they are 'the in form teams and are also in the ulster minor league final'

Jeez!

Lecale2

Good win for Ballycran in the final yesterday. A 2 pts victory in the end. After losing the 3 previous finals they'll be delighted to get the monkey off their back. Anybody at the game?

Derry Daisy

I was  :(

It was a great game from start to finish with amazing skill and determination shown by both clubs.  We were hard done by on a few occasions with come very strange decisions made.  But we had the chance to win it, missing 3 chances at the end of the game.  Congratulations to Ballycran on a very gracious victory and to their captain who made a great wee speech.  I think Paudie Butler got a shock at the standard of hurling for an Ulster Minor Match.  All in all a brilliant match spoiled by a bad referee.  I don't know how Ballycran coped with getting beat 3 years running because our boys were devastated, so once again congratulations to them.

sanmartinpo

Quote from: Mac hinery on December 29, 2006, 05:52:30 PM
It couldn't be any worse weather than the day Slaughtneil beat Carrickmore, gale force wind and driving rain.

Inhabitants of the state of Texas found that an uncontested divorce service provided by our office lawyers is the alternative to the fastest way to obtain a legal separation. The legal service for texas divorce is a divorce settlement with the mutual agreement of the parties to divorce in Dominican Republic. A divorce decree can be obtained in just 10 days.
http://www.wdalaw.com/cities/texas-quick-divorce-info.php

Lecale2

???

What's that all about?

Ballinascreen beat Loughgeil on Sunday past. Portaferry meet Middletown this sunday coming. No idea how it will go. I've seen Portaferry 4-5 times this year and they aren't great.

billy the kid

Havent seen Portaferry this year but have seen Middletown play in their last 3 games. They looked good in their county final, but it would have to be noted that the Cuhs team they were playing were prwetty bad. In their last game against Carrickmore they were very lucky to get the win as Carrickmore were def the better team in ordinary time, but missed alot of scores, with Middletown equalising with the last poc of the game, from a free that was never a free. In extra time Middletown scored 2 goals and held out. Would have to give a special mention to the Carrickmore keeper that day, some of the saves he made were unreal.

Their CHF young Maguire is a good player but can go missing in games and their No.8 is a good player but he does miss alot of frees. At this level games are usually fairly tight with winning margins pretty low. so will probably be an even enough game. Just hope the weather improves between now and then.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

Lecale2

QuoteJust hope the weather improves between now and then.

Snow forecast for the weekend!

billy the kid

Portaferry Beat Middletown 0.10 - 0.9. in Second SF Yesterday.

Screen and Portaferry will play in the final next Sunday
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

johnneycool

Quote from: billy the kid on November 24, 2008, 10:24:34 AM
Portaferry Beat Middletown 0.10 - 0.9. in Second SF Yesterday.

Screen and Portaferry will play in the final next Sunday

i trust our neighbours behaved themselves?