NFL Division 1 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

The idea that Derry would rest players with next weeks league final in view has proved to be wide off the mark.

Team to play Roscommon on Sunday. Just one change with Toner coming in for the injured N Loughlin

O Lynch;
C McCluskey, C McKaigue, D Baker;
G McKinless, E McEvoy, P McGrogan;
C Glass, B Rogers;
E Doherty, C McFaul, P Cassidy;
N Toner, S McGuigan, L Murray.

Subs - R Scullion,D Cassidy,Conor Doherty,M Doherty,M Downey,S Downey,D Gilmore,Conleth McGuckian,C McMonagle,E Mulholland,C Murphy
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Wildweasel74

I wait see the team before kickoff, can't see Derry field that, E Bradley Injured? D Higgins sorta dropped off after a decent showing against Armagh in the McKenna cup?I like to see a few lads from the Dublin game get a run out again, we need as many as possible exposed to this level of football for later in the year.

Mario

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 22, 2024, 08:57:11 PMI wait see the team before kickoff, can't see Derry field that, E Bradley Injured? D Higgins sorta dropped off after a decent showing against Armagh in the McKenna cup?I like to see a few lads from the Dublin game get a run out again, we need as many as possible exposed to this level of football for later in the year.
Why would he be messing with the team selection before a meaningless game (for Derry)

Gazboy

I agree,can see a few changes before throw  in on sunday

screenexile

I would be amazed if the team lines out like that on Sunday. Not too often Mickey names a team this early and if he does it's usually not the team that will be playing!

Gazboy

Quote from: screenexile on March 22, 2024, 09:10:46 PMI would be amazed if the team lines out like that on Sunday. Not too often Mickey names a team this early and if he does it's usually not the team that will be playing!
Yeah totally agree with you there

Silver hill

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 22, 2024, 08:57:11 PMI wait see the team before kickoff, can't see Derry field that, E Bradley Injured? D Higgins sorta dropped off after a decent showing against Armagh in the McKenna cup?I like to see a few lads from the Dublin game get a run out again, we need as many as possible exposed to this level of football for later in the year.

Kickoff?????  😧🫣🫣

Blowitupref

Quote from: screenexile on March 22, 2024, 09:10:46 PMI would be amazed if the team lines out like that on Sunday. Not too often Mickey names a team this early and if he does it's usually not the team that will be playing!
Main talk from Harte after the win over Mayo was making sure to get at least a point from this game to secure a final spot. Resting of players was already done against Dublin in round 5 for this scenario in mind it seems.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Cunny Funt

The Clifford brothers not named to start against Galway, Jack O'Connor has looked at the table and knows it will be a Derry  v Dublin final.

Wildweasel74

Why they need a point, they like +16 against Kerry point Difference. And Galway need win.

Wildweasel74

When Dublin won 40 odd games straight, and 4 league and All-Irelands in the same corresponding years, nobody was saying Dublin aren't taking the league seriously.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 22, 2024, 10:11:57 PMWhy they need a point, they like +16 against Kerry point Difference. And Galway need win.
Can lose and still stay up and if they do that point earned in Hyde Park will prove to be a vital one.

tbrick18

Exactly what I was thinking too.
How often does Harte start with the named team.

seafoid

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 22, 2024, 10:11:57 PMWhy they need a point, they like +16 against Kerry point Difference. And Galway need win.
Depends on Rossie result
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Time to start hitting the long road North to get this Division 1 stuff out of the way.

Ah sure it's only th'oul League....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM