Loyalist Marchers forced to defend themselves from attack!

Started by Jim_Murphy_74, August 30, 2010, 04:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Rossfan on September 03, 2010, 05:44:23 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 02, 2010, 10:13:14 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on September 02, 2010, 09:02:36 PM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on September 01, 2010, 10:12:18 PM
tens of thousands of Irishmen joined the British

To this country's eternal shame as they robbed, murdered, terrorised millions of poor people in their own countries across the world.

I thank the Lord that no ancestor of mine in the last 170 years anyway ( we have no records before that but am confident none betrayed their Country to fight for it's oppressors army) betrayed their Country by joining the murderous scumbags who killed,looted and terrorised this Country for hundreds of years.
I would say your ancestors more than 170 years ago were much the same as now. Pulling spuds out of the ground with their teeth and riding sheep.

By the sound of you your ancesters were obviously ridin the spuds  ;D

Tony Baloney.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: lynchbhoy on September 03, 2010, 08:55:34 AM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on September 02, 2010, 09:37:46 PM
Quite happy to discuss British atrocities at any time. They don't make me as angry as republican atrocities, however, which were carried out - supposedly - on my behalf and in pursuit of something which I regard as important, namely the reunification of my country.
Obv you are entitled to your OPINION' on these matters,, but if you were accurate in what you were saying then people might pay some attention. fabricating reasns and passing your own ideas as facts wont cut this !
the IRA etc did some terribly wrong things imo, but they came about to defend people from the oppression, persecution and ongoing physical attacks (both covert and open) by the security forces, cops and all those supposed to be upholding law an order. The nationalist/Irish/catholic/working class people had no choice.
you can have your opinions, but they dont hold true for other parts of he six counties.
so whinge away, but you are consistently wrong and incorrect in your vitriol against republican retaliation.
think more of what caused it and why these people HAD to fight back !
How the establishment's sectarian apartheid type campaigh were halted by their british gov masters and once a more equality based socety was seen tobe delivered - then all the retaliation and fighting stopped - no coincidence !
I dont think anyone believes you are a nationalist/sdlp'er etc and it actually doesnt matter if you are a unionist /loyalistr - you are entitled to your opinions but you wont be let peddle your lies on here !

Hopefully that lady has recovered fromher beating, I actually doubt that even with the cctv footage her assailents will be brought to justice. I hope to be proven incorrect there though !
Usual pile of keek. The IRA did not 'come about' as a result of anything which went on in the 6 counties - the IRA existed long before partition and carried on its campaign of violence through every decade from the formation of the two states on this island.

Rossfan

It was nearly gone out of existence till  the Unionist Govt and their RUC/B Specials/Orange mobs showed their Nationalist neighbours what they thought of their demands for civil rights/fair play.
So Myles me boy it was things that happned in the 6 Cos that gave rise to the "new" Provo IRA.
Methinks there's a bit of spud in your family tree too  :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Rossfan on September 04, 2010, 05:12:23 PM
It was nearly gone out of existence till  the Unionist Govt and their RUC/B Specials/Orange mobs showed their Nationalist neighbours what they thought of their demands for civil rights/fair play.
So Myles me boy it was things that happned in the 6 Cos that gave rise to the "new" Provo IRA.
Indeed. Republicans used the civil strife that occurred at that time as the platform from which to relaunch their campaign against the British, but this wasn't anything new. It had exactly the same rationale as the border campaigns of the 40's and 50's. The violence in the north provided republicans with the opportunity, not the motive.

Rossfan

Quote from: Myles Na G. on September 04, 2010, 06:46:57 PM
Indeed. Republicans used the civil strife that occurred at that time as the platform from which to relaunch their campaign against the British, but this wasn't anything new. It had exactly the same rationale as the border campaigns of the 40's and 50's. The violence in the north provided republicans with the opportunity, not the motive.

"Civil strife" is a nice neutral word for the reactionary violence of the Orange mobs/B Specials and RUC who tried to make the Croppies lie down.
When Nationalist people saw that the peaceful protest method wasnt working and was met with disgraceful violence it ddnt take much to convince them that the only thing the establishment could understand was what the Provos had to offer .

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Rossfan on September 04, 2010, 07:15:06 PM

"Civil strife" is a nice neutral word for the reactionary violence of the Orange mobs/B Specials and RUC who tried to make the Croppies lie down.When Nationalist people saw that the peaceful protest method wasnt working and was met with disgraceful violence it ddnt take much to convince them that the only thing the establishment could understand was what the Provos had to offer .
What's it like living in the 19th century?

lynchbhoy

Myles , entitled you your opinion you are, but you are 100% factually incorrect here yet again!
Republicanism in the north of Ireland was Bourne out of requiring defence for people under physically violent and life threatening attacks. None of your usual incorrect bullish can alter that fact...or do you deny the civil rights marches happened or deny what happened on bloody Sunday to defenceless peoples? That's just two out of myriads!!!
Stop trying to excuse the inexcusable and stop peddling your lies!!

If you have anything of truth and fact to post, please contribute.... It would make a nice change!!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: lynchbhoy on September 04, 2010, 07:31:27 PM
Myles , entitled you your opinion you are, but you are 100% factually incorrect here yet again!
Republicanism in the north of Ireland was Bourne out of requiring defence for people under physically violent and life threatening attacks. None of your usual incorrect bullish can alter that fact...or do you deny the civil rights marches happened or deny what happened on bloody Sunday to defenceless peoples? That's just two out of myriads!!!

If you have anything of truth and fact to post, please contribute.... It would make a nice change!!
Do you use predictive text?

Rossfan

Quote from: Myles Na G. on September 04, 2010, 07:25:35 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on September 04, 2010, 07:15:06 PM

"Civil strife" is a nice neutral word for the reactionary violence of the Orange mobs/B Specials and RUC who tried to make the Croppies lie down.When Nationalist people saw that the peaceful protest method wasnt working and was met with disgraceful violence it ddnt take much to convince them that the only thing the establishment could understand was what the Provos had to offer .
What's it like living in the 19th century?

There was me thinking 1968/69/70 were in the 20th Century.
::) ::)
Anyway Myles your fellow travellers( Unionists) are mainly living in the 17th Century .

Myles Na G.

Quote from: lynchbhoy on September 04, 2010, 07:31:27 PM

What was 'defensive' about placing bombs in pubs and shops? How were the IRA defending Catholic / nationalist people when they were killing them in greater numbers than the British army or the RUC ever did? The truth is that the IRA was never about defending anybody. It was about removing the British presence in Ireland, the same objective it had pursued for decades.

lynchbhoy

100% incorrect yet again!
You loyalist/unionists just won't or cannot accept the reality of what happened!

Myles Na G.

Quote from: lynchbhoy on September 04, 2010, 10:01:38 PM
You loyalist/unionists just won't or cannot accept the reality of what happened!
Are you saying that the IRA didn't place bombs in shops and pubs? That they didn't kill more Catholics / nationalists than the British army and RUC? You're even more detached from reality than I thought.

Tony Baloney

Another case closed, eh Lynchbhoy?! There is a vast difference between the start of the troubles and the following years. Yes it can feasibly be argued that the IRA came out in the late 60s to defend the nationalist population. This same argument doesn't hold muster when applied to men, women and children of all religions shot and blown to bits who had no connection to (legitimate targets of) the military establishment.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Myles Na G. on September 04, 2010, 11:18:16 PM
Are you saying that the IRA didn't place bombs in shops and pubs? That they didn't kill more Catholics / nationalists than the British army and RUC? You're even more detached from reality than I thought.
Lol
Someone else busted that myth of yours a long time ago on here!
No surprise yer still trying to peddle it... More lies from ya!!!

Nally Stand

Quote from: Myles Na G. on September 02, 2010, 09:37:46 PM
Quote from: red hander on September 02, 2010, 09:28:14 PM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on September 02, 2010, 07:22:39 PM
Quote from: red hander on September 01, 2010, 11:33:19 PM
'I'm not going to get drawn into a debate on this, as that would imply that there's a debate to be had. Nice try, though'

You remind me of a little kid who puts his hands over his ears, closes his eyes and shouts "lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala" at the top of his voice when he doesn't want to hear anything that doesn't fit into his viewpoint ... and btw, we had this before, William Joyce was NOT Irish
No, it's more that I refuse to allow republicans to set the terms of a debate in order to suit their own agenda. Why is it, for example, that republicans always seek to compare the IRA and their so called armed struggle with that of the French Resistance, or Nelson Mandela? Simple. It's because the very act of comparison casts the IRA in a better light. There are, and have been, any number of insurgencies, paramilitary groupings and irregular forces, in conflicts past and present around the world. Africa, South America and even Europe in the shape of the Balkans, have all thrown up irregular militias. Why no comparison with these? Why no comparison with the FARC guerillas, for example, with whom the IRA have been linked? Again, easy question. Republicans would worry that someone might mention FARC's links with the drug trade and such a link would do republicans no favours. It would be reasonable to hold any one of these various paramilitary groups up for comparison with the provos, but republicans shy away from that. Much better to cite the French Resistance as brothers in arms and hope that noone points out that the IRA were Nazi collaborators.  ::)

As you're such an expert on Colombia maybe you'd like to explain why the FARC guerrillas exist in the first place, with particular reference perhaps to the extreme right wing pro-American government in the country responsible for murdering its own citizens ... and while we're on the subject of drugs, maybe you could give us a precis on the Colombian government's links to the country's drug dealers, the self-same drug dealers you're linking with FARC ... you are totally blind to anything that does not suit your anti-republican agenda and you are totally blind to the atrocities perpetrated by your beloved British
Quite happy to discuss British atrocities at any time. They don't make me as angry as republican atrocities, however, which were carried out - supposedly - on my behalf and in pursuit of something which I regard as important, namely the reunification of my country.

You taxes went in part to the British armed forces which were up to their ears in wide scale murderous collusion so therefor it could be accepted that in Britain's eyes, it' activities (read atrocities) WERE carried out on your behalf. Your double standards know no bounds.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore