Previous topic - Next topic

Who would you like to see as Mayo Manager in 2010

James Horan
Tommy Lyons
Anthony McGarry
John Maughan

Farrandeelin

Quote from: intoDwest on September 09, 2010, 05:11:10 PM
I haven't posted in a couple of years but lurk all the time.......but that by spuds has brought me out of exile!!

I put you in the 'Missing Posters' thread. Good to see you're around anyway!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

IolarCoisCuain

Great pictures Redcol. That looks a cracking right cross from your man from Caltra. I suppose it's too late to nominate him?

joemamas

Quote from: REDCOL on September 09, 2010, 06:32:02 PM
Hes in for the Galway Job

I hope it was a good first shot, not too many hit Denis and lived to tell the tale. In the early 1980's when Denis' brother Tommy was centre back for Mayo, Dennis was deemd to be too dirty to play for Mayo, I kid you not,  even though he would have been in his prime. He was a sub on O Mahoney team almost a decade later in 1989 V Cork, criminal how he was not brought on for John Finn who had a stinker, Dave Barry his direct opponent got MOM.

Curley always bugged me as a ref, thought he was crap. now he heads the def's committe, notice he has been quite over the last few months. The fecker should be brought to task for the disgraceful decision making over that period by referees.

better stop, I am getting mad.

rosnarun

Not really sure where all the Enthusiasm for Horan is coming from . he hasn't even won a county championship yet . It reminds me of all those over hyped minors over the years who are brought on too soon and then given one half of an FBD game to prove them selves and then ridiculed for the rest of their careers.
Give the man a chance before making him king
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

anglocelt39

Tommy Carr seems to be showing more passion in that one photo than in the entirity of his two year Cavan stint.

This revolving door/conveyor belt of managers that hawk themselves around different counties has become a bit of a racket I reckon.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

GalwayBayBoy

western exile

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on September 09, 2010, 08:25:02 PM

He's available. He withdrew his nomination.
And there is a Mayoman nominated for the Galway job. Pat Fallan. It's a wonder he is not added to this list too  8)

muppet

Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on September 09, 2010, 04:10:48 PM
Quote from: muppet on September 09, 2010, 03:58:16 PM
Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on September 09, 2010, 03:51:24 PM
Quote from: handballer09 on September 09, 2010, 03:29:52 PM
QuoteRumours are abound that there will be a double team of John Maughan and Tommy Carr. A Little known fact is that Tommy Carr is a native Mayo man. he was born there before moving to Dublin as a child. They were also best man at each others wedding.

Tommy Carr is a native of Holycross, Co Tipp. His brother Declan captained Tipp hurlers.

No Tommy Carr was born in Mayo. Moved as a baby with his family.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..............

Would you and your lot ever fook off. What a shower of dic kheads, for fear anyone else would join your little party. Your the biggest shower of w ankers i have ever come across good luck.

See you Tommy.
MWWSI 2017

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: joemamas on September 09, 2010, 07:52:36 PM

I hope it was a good first shot, not too many hit Denis and lived to tell the tale. In the early 1980's when Denis' brother Tommy was centre back for Mayo, Dennis was deemd to be too dirty to play for Mayo, I kid you not,  even though he would have been in his prime. He was a sub on O Mahoney team almost a decade later in 1989 V Cork, criminal how he was not brought on for John Finn who had a stinker, Dave Barry his direct opponent got MOM.

Curley always bugged me as a ref, thought he was crap. now he heads the def's committe, notice he has been quite over the last few months. The fecker should be brought to task for the disgraceful decision making over that period by referees.

better stop, I am getting mad.

Dennis had an uncompromising reputation alright. Paul Galvin would never play for Mayo if he were a Mayoman you know. Not our kind of fella. Lowers the tone. Doesn't fit with the brand.

Rossfan

Only 48 pages to be filled before the announcement is made ..... ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

spuds

Quote from: Rossfan on September 09, 2010, 09:17:04 PM
Only 48 pages to be filled before the announcement is made ..... ;D

To quote the great Peter Solan the great
Quote"Would you and your lot ever fook off. What a shower of dic kheads" ......."Your the biggest shower of w ankers i have ever come across"

:D
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

mayo51

[/quote]

Would you and your lot ever fook off. What a shower of dic kheads, for fear anyone else would join your little party. Your the biggest shower of w ankers i have ever come across good luck.
[/quote]     i think there will be a great welcome for peter on his return to the hogan stand.he will be missed :D

macdanger2

First off, apologies to PSTG for not believing the Tommy story, Lord knows it sounds like a bloody WUM!

For what it's worth and from who's been mentioned i'd go for:

Kearney
Horan
Micko
McGarry
Forde
Maughan
Carr
Lyons

Can any of the Rossies (I'm fairly sure this is the first thread most of ye check ;)) give us an idea of what people think of Kearney in Castlerea and beyond??

commonsense

What about Eamon O Brien? Now he's free. He'd bring a bit of Meath's winning attitude out west.