Leinster Senior Hurling Championship 2020

Started by G@@, March 03, 2020, 09:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

High Fielder

The CB need to get him in before next week. The longer this goes on, the more bullet wounds they are taking. Inadvertently, a door has been opened, and outside of the Yes Men county delegates, it has been amazing to see the amount of anti CB sentiment. In fairness to one CB officer in particular, there are probably good enough grounds for defamation proceedings to be brought. I personally would be ashamed to go back in there after getting such a public dressing down.

For what it's worth, I'd be happy to commit funds via a standing order every month if the right people were involved and it looked like they had plans to be progressive in some way. I will NEVER do anything like that if the sort of stuff that Eddie talked about is going on. That shit has to stop. Our players at county level in particular deserve better

High Fielder

Think of it this way. If 500 people put in 100 euros a month, that would be 600k every year. 1000 people and you have 1.2 million. For that I'd want two independently elected representatives on the CB, say a poll run by Laois Today, and if they're not happy, we pull our standing order at the end of the year. Just an idea. I'm sure there are many better ones out there

LOVEGAA

I would be very wary of the County Board doing the right thing next week.   They have an arrogance about them that will be hard to change.

This week should have been about how well the team did last week and how much they have improved under Eddie Brennan but unfortunately this has been pushed aside .  How much say have the players about the role of Eddie Brennan I wonder. (doubt they have any ) .  This should be taken into consideration before any decision will be made

clonadmad

While its great to see people talking about fundraising and money.

We should be also talking about governance and doing better with what we currently have already

1.We have been allocated funds for 1 games manager and 4 GDA's, we have never had all these posts filled at the one time, why not?

2.There have been 2 strategic plans published in the last 6/7 years, why have little if any of the findings been put in place, even those which were revenue neutral?.

3.Why do we have numerous issues relating to the running of our underage hurling,

Lets take one, Why is juvenile gradings in the hands of one man who bases the gradings on what you have or haven't done against his club, in any other county the clubs send in a rep to a gradings meeting where it is trashed out, here one man decides.

4.The Website is an embarrassment, there's no shortage of qualified people who could make massive improvements in this area.

5.The CoE came in 1% over budget and credit in particular is due to the treasurer for keeping a multimillion euro build on time and on track, God willing when covid goes,

We need to sweat those assets.

one idea of mine

at juvenile level,Expose every hurler and club coach in the county to regular s&c and skills best practice

at u13 we have 16 teams

16 teams x 25 players =400 players

we break it into 12 groups of 33 players and we do it in 3 week cycles

so for S&C,each group is brought into the CoE and given 90 mins of expert coaching, both coaches and players are given their home work and they come back in 3 weeks

skills the same system,

We utilize the GDA's,get in outside experts the likes of Martin Fogarty,Paudie Butler etc,but we also utilize the great hurling men in this county, Your PC's your cheddars and also our current players (We have at least 14 u13 hurling keepers in this county who adore Enda Rowland),just imagine what 3 sessions a year with Enda would do to those lads

Our aim should be to have every u13 hurler getting 2 sessions in the CoE every 3 weeks

And that's just the u13's

Similar needs to be done with the 15's/17's even the 20's

We have a small player base and we need every player to progress, no one gets left behind.

burdizzo

Personally, I always subscribed to the supporters' club when it was going, and I had no idea why it stopped.

Hard to see the CB bowing before Eddie's every wish but, God, I wonder where the hell Laois will be in two years without someone like him? Look at Offaly.

High Fielder

Great post clonadmad.

I won't subscribe to anything unless things change dramatically. I would want the sort of suggestions that clonad and others put forward to have a platform. I've been sick of the lack of ideas and ambition for a long time. Even the clubs are stuck in a timewarp.

Leixlad

Would happily subscribe to fund the hurling team - but i would not send my money to the county board, no way. I think there-in lies the issue that a lot of people have.
The county board is holding Laois hurling back - I am willing to pledge money to the team(s) but i wont because i dont trust the county board.
Just one small example.

The PRO

Quote from: High Fielder on November 13, 2020, 09:07:18 AM
two independently elected representatives on the CB, say a poll run by Laois Today
Laois Today poll to elect two representatives on the county board. What could possibly go wrong?!!

High Fielder

Probably a lot less than the current very long list of f**k ups. Obviously the people would need to put themselves forward for selection. But I'll tell you what, I'd rather have folk like Cheddar or Rigney having input than some of the officers we have.

clonadmad

I could put together a list of 15 people that I would want front and centre in the supporters club and I would be confident that everyone on here would have at least 10 of them on their shortlist

The PRO

Quote from: High Fielder on November 13, 2020, 05:18:15 PM
Probably a lot less than the current very long list of f**k ups. Obviously the people would need to put themselves forward for selection. But I'll tell you what, I'd rather have folk like Cheddar or Rigney having input than some of the officers we have.
No argument with that but an online poll is fraught with danger.

blueandwhite1

Quote from: finbar o tool on November 12, 2020, 10:00:58 PM
it's about the CB taking a new approach of forward thinking, forward planning;D ;D ;D that the supports and resources will be there, and will continue to grow, when Eddie Brennan is gone, and when the next manager after him is gone. That's the point here. The CB need to grasp this quick or step aside and let other people drive it on.

You obviously haven't met them finbar. We would all love that but their number one goal is to keep themselves in power. Why? Because they enjoy the power and think they are great lads. Power for power's sake. Same in lots of other amateur organizations and some professional ones (see the FAI for reference).

High Fielder

Quote from: The PRO on November 13, 2020, 05:51:34 PM
Quote from: High Fielder on November 13, 2020, 05:18:15 PM
No argument with that but an online poll is fraught with danger.

I don't care if it's done by a blind man to be honest. I want this cosy set up smashed to smithereens. They sicken my f**king hole, and all the hangers on that go with them.

SCFC

Quote from: clonadmad on November 13, 2020, 05:36:36 PM
I could put together a list of 15 people that I would want front and centre in the supporters club and I would be confident that everyone on here would have at least 10 of them on their shortlist

Fair enough but would they want to do it? It's easy to say X or Y would be a great lad to get on board but a lot of people are happy enough not to be involved.

clonadmad

Quote from: SCFC on November 13, 2020, 07:09:27 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on November 13, 2020, 05:36:36 PM

Fair enough but would they want to do it? It's easy to say X or Y would be a great lad to get on board but a lot of people are happy enough not to be involved.

Often easier with some to curse the dark than light a candle

Simple answer

Start by asking them