Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Downtothewire

Quote from: weareros on May 06, 2021, 10:50:45 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on May 06, 2021, 09:19:49 PM
Well, well, well - Eoghan Harris has got the boot from the Sindo rag because of some twitter account he was involved in.
Im off to read what he was tweeting!

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1390400039089016838?s=19

Imagine getting fired for masquerading as an auld wan called Babs sending anti-Sinn Fein tweets on Twitter after spending half your life getting paid to write anti-Sinn Fein diatribes on the Indo. Two sets of dunces.
Stickie sacked from Blue Shirt paper, well I never!

Applesisapples

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on May 06, 2021, 03:55:34 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on May 06, 2021, 01:01:09 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on May 06, 2021, 09:28:13 AM
Quote from: Snapchap on May 06, 2021, 08:11:59 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on May 06, 2021, 07:23:39 AM
Always thought for sf to really progress they needed rid of ones like her.
I assume you mean in Derry? Elsewhere, SF have done nothing but progress dramatically.

Martina Anderson may not have been the greatest political communicator but she spent 13 years in jail for her role in fighting for a wholly just cause and for that she has my respect. It's a mark of her character that she hasn't thrown the dummy out of the pram over how this was handled, accepted the reasons for it and remains committed to the party. Best wishes to her.

SF vote reduced overall

In Derry, as I mentioned.

Nationally, SF have been progressing dramatically, as I mentioned.

It dropped overall percentage share in the north. In the free state they were badly stagnating and then they became the party of protest which yes led to an unexpected revival, so much so some of their candidates were off on hols during the counts.

I've said many times, get them in South of the border , it will be very interesting
There were specific reasons why it dropped, eg giving Claire Hanna a free run. The next assembly election will tell how it's going. But Anderson and her ilk are a turnoff not only in Derry, I'd say McCallion who is Anderson's niece was a large part of the reason why the inept Eastwood won by such a large margin. I'd say the vote for SF and the SDLP will be pretty stable at the next election. Unionism seems to be drifting towards Alliance.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on May 06, 2021, 05:56:17 PM
Quote from: trailer on May 06, 2021, 05:12:18 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on May 06, 2021, 08:11:59 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on May 06, 2021, 07:23:39 AM
Always thought for sf to really progress they needed rid of ones like her.
I assume you mean in Derry? Elsewhere, SF have done nothing but progress dramatically.

Martina Anderson may not have been the greatest political communicator but she spent 13 years in jail for her role in fighting for a wholly just cause and for that she has my respect. It's a mark of her character that she hasn't thrown the dummy out of the pram over how this was handled, accepted the reasons for it and remains committed to the party. Best wishes to her.

She isn't committed to SF. She's committed to the struggle.
Lesson here for everyone. Once you are past your usefulness, SF will dump you, no matter who you are.

She was primarily committed to the pound sterling
[/quote
Are you Eoghan Harris? All parties drop people who are past vote winning. At least try to be balanced.

Applesisapples

Quote from: trailer on May 11, 2021, 11:14:51 AM
https://twitter.com/Caitlin_Burke7/status/1391801904724914179
This is absolutely delusional. Martina Anderson walked out of jail and into jobs within SF that also allowed her a degree of privilege most of us won't get. Whilst she may well be hurt at being held accountable that is the nature of life in business and politics. No-one has the right to remain in post indefinitely and 17,000 voter migrating to the SDLP was the judgement of the electorate. I'd guess her SF pensions are secure as well and that's as it should be. I am not judging the rights or wrongs of the armed struggle but those were decisions she and her husband made. As a middle of the road nationalist I am put off by the types of ill judged remarks that she has made. As I said no one is untouchable and as the saying goes all political careers are destined to end in failure.

balladmaker

I see the family believe Martina was 'scarified' by SF ... if so, horrific treatment indeed and to be condemned by all  ::)

imtommygunn

Quote from: Applesisapples on May 11, 2021, 12:04:01 PM
This is absolutely delusional. Martina Anderson walked out of jail and into jobs within SF that also allowed her a degree of privilege most of us won't get. Whilst she may well be hurt at being held accountable that is the nature of life in business and politics. No-one has the right to remain in post indefinitely and 17,000 voter migrating to the SDLP was the judgement of the electorate. I'd guess her SF pensions are secure as well and that's as it should be. I am not judging the rights or wrongs of the armed struggle but those were decisions she and her husband made. As a middle of the road nationalist I am put off by the types of ill judged remarks that she has made. As I said no one is untouchable and as the saying goes all political careers are destined to end in failure.

That would be my thinking too. Getting rid of someone like her will make middle of the road nationalists more likely to vote SF. To me it is a positive for SF and not a negative.

Angelo

The equivalent of a wife or girlfriend runs to the press when her fella was dropped from the squad.

It's politics, you're only around as long as you're useful.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

These are the type of gimps running around Derry pissing people off and bullying on social media(cant batter them up the back of Creggan shops anymore)

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 11, 2021, 12:23:37 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on May 11, 2021, 12:04:01 PM

That would be my thinking too. Getting rid of someone like her will make middle of the road nationalists more likely to vote SF. To me it is a positive for SF and not a negative.

It will prove to be a masterstroke getting rid of her. She's embarrassing, surprised it's took this long for someone to get her out of the road.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea