Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Fantastic own goal from Blind  ;D
Its a pity the Boro player was wrongly ruled offside just before it happened.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

oakleaflad

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 29, 2015, 08:39:48 AM
Quote from: stiffler on October 28, 2015, 11:19:38 PM
2 0-0s on the trot , been a while since that happened at OT.

Its the carling cup ffs.
Aye, in all seriousness I would say they aren't too bothered to be out. They have enough games coming up with an important next few games in the Champions league.

annapr

Quote from: oakleaflad on October 29, 2015, 10:48:38 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on October 29, 2015, 08:39:48 AM
Quote from: stiffler on October 28, 2015, 11:19:38 PM
2 0-0s on the trot , been a while since that happened at OT.

Its the carling cup ffs.
Aye, in all seriousness I would say they aren't too bothered to be out. They have enough games coming up with an important next few games in the Champions league.
It was one of two trophies United had a realistic chance of winning this season, the other being the FA Cup.
I would say they would have been more than happy to stay in the competition, and by the look on their faces missing the penalties I'd say they cared enough not to want to be beaten

Maroon Manc

Bad night for United, great chance of winning a trophy which the club is all about. Winning trophies is a habit and winning the league cap in the past has proved to be a catalyst for success previously.

Only positive was Periera, he has a great chance of becoming a first team regular inside the next few years. I don't see what Lingard offers going forward, he works hard but lacks quality to be a United player.

Football once again was shocking to watch, hoping it improves next season.

An Watcher

Very surprised to hear Van Gaal say Bro were lucky.  They were away from home against one of the top teams in the country.  Of course they had to ride their luck a bit.  Never one to jump on Eamon Dunphy's bandwagon as he chats a load of nonsense but he mightn't be far off the mark in calling Van Gaal a spoofer

BennyCake

Quote from: Maroon Manc on October 29, 2015, 11:31:31 AM
Bad night for United, great chance of winning a trophy which the club is all about. Winning trophies is a habit and winning the league cap in the past has proved to be a catalyst for success previously.

Only positive was Periera, he has a great chance of becoming a first team regular inside the next few years. I don't see what Lingard offers going forward, he works hard but lacks quality to be a United player.

It won't, as long as LVG is there.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: BennyCake on October 29, 2015, 01:07:52 PM

It won't, as long as LVG is there.

I'm not expecting brilliant football to watch under him but do think it will improve once Rooney has been replaced. Shaw is a huge loss too, he was starting to develop into an exciting attacking fullback. Rojo who has done well defensively and can cross a ball isn't anywhere near as comfortable on the ball as Shaw.

A shame that Wilson got injured last night, I'll be very surprised if doesn't make it at OT.

screenexile

Interesting statement... what the fcuk does it mean though??!!

oakleaflad

Quote from: screenexile on October 29, 2015, 01:55:31 PM

Interesting statement... what the fcuk does it mean though??!!
Ah come on now, I know you don't like United and I'm probably biting here but it's extremely obvious what it means. He was on loan in the championship not so long ago. He's probably good enough to play at a smaller Premier league club but isn't good enough to play for United, simple as that.

annapr

A war of words ongoing between LVG and Paul Scholes at the moment I see.
Who's side will the fans take? I think LVG is a spoofer myself.

BennyCake

Another 0-0. Scholes is right.

Farrandeelin

Looks like it BennyCake. 3 games plus extra time and no goals scored.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

stiffler

Wheres this Young henry fella went too ?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

snoopdog

I am sick to death of the bollix van Gaal has united playing week in week out. Most boring team in the league. Create nothing and he plays martial out on the wing. The man hasn't a clue. Sooner we get rid the better.

BennyCake

Quote from: snoopdog on October 31, 2015, 08:29:43 PM
I am sick to death of the bollix van Gaal has united playing week in week out. Most boring team in the league. Create nothing and he plays martial out on the wing. The man hasn't a clue. Sooner we get rid the better.

Holland bored their way to World Cup semis last year. United are like that side.