Connacht Senior Football Championship 2021

Started by Cunny Funt, June 18, 2021, 12:01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Mayo 2-14 Galway 2-8. Congratulations to Mayo, Connacht title retained against a Galway side that faded badly 2nd half.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

twohands!!!

Will PJ survive the winter?

Yet another game that adds to the questions about his managerial skills.

GalwayBayBoy

Galway's conditioning is not at an intercounty level. Is it at a senior club level? Maybe. They were gassed with 20 minutes left to play. It's not a professional (in the GAA sense) set-up. Could say more but I'll leave it at that.

Mayo4Sam14

Nice trial run of Aidan OShea giving a speech on the steps of the Hogan
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Farrandeelin

By Christ that was as sweet as you'd get. Terrific performance in the second half. Didn't see it coming at half time I must say. K Mc has to start the next day. Mattie Ruane my motm.

As for PJ - lol.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Cunny Funt

Mayo winning by a margin of 6 points is probably what I would have expected before the match. Only Dublin have beaten Mayo in Croke Park the last 8 years and I didn't see that Galway side changing that. Fitness, conditioning, pace and energy to the fore in that Mayo victory and when the game was in the melting pot Horan v Joyce on the sideline was a total mismatch.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 25, 2021, 03:25:58 PM
By Christ that was as sweet as you'd get. Terrific performance in the second half. Didn't see it coming at half time I must say. K Mc has to start the next day. Mattie Ruane my motm.

As for PJ - lol.

Kevin Mc coming on fresh at HT was a better option today.

MayoBuck

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 25, 2021, 03:33:45 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 25, 2021, 03:25:58 PM

As for PJ - lol.

Kevin Mc coming on fresh at HT was a better option today.

Yeah I'd be thinking the same. He's one lad you can rely on coming off the bench. At 32 years old, his speed may not be as effective early on.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: twohands!!! on July 25, 2021, 03:19:35 PM
Will PJ survive the winter?

Yet another game that adds to the questions about his managerial skills.

He shouldn't but with the incompetence of Galway county board I won't be surprised if they keep him on for another year.

Mayo4Sam14

What kind of crowd be let in the next day, and more importantly how many organs will I need to trade to get one?
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

galwayman

Disastrous second half.
When you look at the players we brought in off the bench it shows the lack of quality we have.
Duane coming in for Shane Walsh summed it up.
Chasing the game and we bring on a below average defender for our main attacking threat.

From the Bunker

Quote from: galwayman on July 25, 2021, 03:58:31 PM
Disastrous second half.
When you look at the players we brought in off the bench it shows the lack of quality we have.
Chasing the game and we bring on a below average defender for our main attacking threat.

To be fair that was not a tactical switch. PJ had given up the ghost at that stage. The early injuries did not help Galway!

An Fhairche Abu

Congrats to Mayo, no contest once the real championship stuff started in the second half.
Don't know what to say about Galway, very disappointing performance, hard to be optimistic at the minute really, not near the top level across all sectors both on and off the pitch.

galwayman

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 25, 2021, 04:04:30 PM
Quote from: galwayman on July 25, 2021, 03:58:31 PM
Disastrous second half.

To be fair that was not a tactical switch. PJ had given up the ghost at that stage. The early injuries did not help Galway!
It amounted to waving the white flag all the same.

From the Bunker

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on July 25, 2021, 04:06:07 PM
Congrats to Mayo, no contest once the real championship stuff started in the second half.
Don't know what to say about Galway, very disappointing performance, hard to be optimistic at the minute really, not near the top level across all sectors both on and off the pitch.

Injuries did not help Galway. Mayo are a decade at this level. They may have new guys, but there are a lot on and off the field who know the score at this stage. Shane Walsh got the extra attention (legal and Illegal) that players of his caliber will get. The difference in being a good player and a great player is how you deal with that.