Connacht U20 and U17 championships 2024

Started by Cunny Funt, January 18, 2021, 11:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Yep and they were used in the 2 U20 and 1st Round Minor game.
Now we're in August and seeing as Croke Park seems to be exempt from spreading Covid 20 or 25% of capacity should be allowed.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

larryin89

Like ive said , id love to understand the metric used for these caps . 40k allowed into croke park seven days after 0nly allowing 24k in for football semi finals? what is that based on , show me the covid context to that? What is happening a week on to allow a 65% odd increase ? Dont want to derail thread but seriously its time to live with it now , 70% vaccinated , whats the magic percentage in ireland ?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

sligoman2

Is this match being televised by anyone?  Last year Connacht GAA had a ppv subscription for the semis and finals
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

galwayman

Quote from: sligoman2 on August 05, 2021, 06:32:02 PM
Is this match being televised by anyone?  Last year Connacht GAA had a ppv subscription for the semis and finals
I think it's on the TG4 you tube channel.

Blowitupref

Quote from: galwayman on August 05, 2021, 07:23:43 PM
Quote from: sligoman2 on August 05, 2021, 06:32:02 PM
I think it's on the TG4 you tube channel.

The link to watch it live.

https://youtu.be/SlfTjMKK-t0
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

sligoman2

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Itchy

Quote from: larryin89 on August 03, 2021, 09:00:15 PM
Like ive said , id love to understand the metric used for these caps . 40k allowed into croke park seven days after 0nly allowing 24k in for football semi finals? what is that based on , show me the covid context to that? What is happening a week on to allow a 65% odd increase ? Dont want to derail thread but seriously its time to live with it now , 70% vaccinated , whats the magic percentage in ireland ?

You have to wait for King Tony to decree what is allowed or not, he is after all running the country now.

fearsiuil

Quote from: Itchy on August 06, 2021, 10:59:01 AM

You have to wait for King Tony to decree what is allowed or not, he is after all running the country now.
Sean Quinn still running your area up there?

Itchy

Quote from: fearsiuil on August 06, 2021, 01:09:09 PM
Quote from: Itchy on August 06, 2021, 10:59:01 AM

Sean Quinn still running your area up there?

He is yeh, he is setting rules on who gets vaccinated and what pubs can open in the border area. Has already a better record on smear tests too as in he has been responsible for the deaths of no women.

Rossfan

Stop polluting thread about Connacht pure football.
Wet and windy so depending on how it is round 7 we could have the proverbial game of 2 halves.
However ut can't be as bad as the 2020 Final weather!!
Hopefully Ros can do the business.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cunny Funt

Teams and subs for tonights Connacht Minor final. Hopefully the poor weather doesn't ruin the contest.

Roscommon

Sean Kelly - Clann na nGael
Daniel Casey - Boyle
James Brady - Tulsk
Eden Kerins - Boyle
James McGreal - Eire Og
Ethan O'Reilly - Roscommon Gaels
Colm Neary - Strokestown
Shane Walsh - Oran
DJ Hession - Roscommon Gaels
Senan Lambe - Roscommon Gaels
Ryan Conlon - Roscommon Gaels
Oisín O Flaherty - Clann na nGael
Robert Heneghan - Mícheal Glaveys
Shane McGinley - Strokestown
Bobby Nugent - St Brigids

Subs : Jack Lannon (Kilmore) Conor Harley (Padraig Pearses) Rory Hester (Western Gaels) Adam McGreal (Padraig Pearses) Rory Carthy (Roscommon Gaels) Niall O'Donnell (Boyle) Paddy Higgins (St Brigids) Aodhán Looby (Kilbride) Ronan McDermott (St Dominics)

Sligo

Kyle Davey - St Michaels
Ronan O Hehir - St Mary's
Conor Johnston - Coolaney/Mullinabreena
Robert O Kelly Lynch - St Mary's
Dillon Walsh - Owenmore Gaels
Dylan McLoughlin - Curry
James Donnellan - Drumcliffe
Ross Doherty - Coolera
Conor Sheridan - Shamrock Gaels
Mark McDaniel - Coolera
Ronan Niland - St Mary's
Stephen Rogan - Castleconnor
Luke Marren - Bunninadden
Joshua Flynn - Tubbercurry
Brian Duffy - Enniscrone Kilglass

Subs: Jack Duignan (Shamrock Gaels) Stephen Donoghue (Curry) Kyle Mullen - Owenmore Gaels Eoghan Scanlon (Coolaney/Mullinabreena) Tommy Ross (Curry)  Saeedi Tumuheirwe ( St Marys) Conor McMorrow (Shamrock Gaels) Jack McGovern (St Molaise Gaels)  Ryan McMorrow (Owenmore Gaels)

Blowitupref

Half time Roscommon 1-6 Sligo 0-10. Deserved lead for Sligo who are playing best in the wet conditions thus far.

A famous night for Sligo first Connacht Minor title since the 60s. FT Roscommon 1-11 Sligo 0-19
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rudi

Deserved win for a sharper Sligo side. Neary a huge loss for Roscommon, just weren't sharp tonight at all. Second to most balls. Fair play to Sligo no complaints here.

larryin89

Quote from: Blowitupref on August 06, 2021, 07:38:57 PM
Half time Roscommon 1-6 Sligo 0-10. Deserved lead for Sligo who are playing best in the wet conditions thus far.

A famous night for Sligo first Connacht Minor title since the 60s. FT Roscommon 1-11 Sligo 0-19

53 years , what a night for them lads , best team too , no fluke .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .