AI Hurling Championship 2024

Started by johnnycool, April 19, 2024, 11:29:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Action kicks off this weekend in both Leinster and Munster;

Clare v Limerick
Cork v Waterford

Have Limerick woken from their slumber to turn over Clare, the League champions?

I believe theres quite a large injury list emanating from the Limerick camp, so some big gaps to fill whereas Clare are sticking by and large to the league campaign team with a very strong bench including a lot of lads with serious experience if needing to be called upon.

I still have it in my head Limerick will click and Clare minus a flying tony kelly will come up short in this game...

Waterford are an enigma, they don't seem to have bought into Davy's ultra defensive strategy and that's their downfall this weekend.
Cork need to be attacked as their biggest weakness is the FB line, Coleman is now fully fit and back in a strong half back line, Cork will win this well IMO but there'll be a few rude awakenings in the weeks ahead as the more powerful, direct teams expose them.

Leinster

KK v Antrim

Expected stroll in Nowlan park for the cats, but Antrim have parachuted in a lot of lads who didn't commit to the league, quality hurlers alright but this game won't be the making or breaking of Antrims championship campaign.

Wex v Dub.
Dublin always seem to fare well against Wexford and I'd expect the same here, although this game really could decide who gets the third berth in Leinster and could be feisty enough.
Rossiter will be wanting some blood and thunder from his team, This could be one of the better games over the weekend

Gal v Carlow,
Galway to ease into action but it won't be plain sailing although Carlow were well beat by Laois in the league final in a game that didn't really matter, but all the same.

imtommygunn

Wexford to beat Dublin but that aside I would mainly agree. I think Davy is a busted flush tbh but we'll see what Waterford can do. Cork have been underwhelming this years and will want to be winning that.

I think Limerick will be laying down a statement.

Antrim not strong enough for KK. The likes of Carlow game more important.

Capt Pat

Clare will have Tony Kelly on the bench for the Limerick game. Without Kelly starting and a question mark as to whether he plays at all, Limerick will be favourites. The league means nothing.

Shane O'Donnell is also on the bench for Clare.

Capt Pat

Has anyone picked up gaa go this year? Is it worth 79 euro for a handful of Munster and Leinster hurling championship games and the dross on the football side of things?

marty34

Quote from: Capt Pat on April 19, 2024, 01:33:14 PMClare will have Tony Kelly on the bench for the Limerick game. Without Kelly starting and a question mark as to whether he plays at all, Limerick will be favourites. The league means nothing.

Shane O'Donnell is also on the bench for Clare.

Clare bench very strong - too strong.

Maybe  lot of changes before the parade!

I saw Waterford's team also.  Be surprised if that's the starting 15. Leavey on bench and he was one of Waterford's best players in the league.

Davy asking for the Déise support to come out in numbers. Be a bad job if Cork outnumber them in the newly revamped Walsh Park.  Maybe he's building the 'everybody is against us' mentality.

It'll be a war in Ennis. I fancy Clare because, for once, I'm not sure what Limerick will turn up.  David Fitzerald will be a marked man after his league exploits and they'll need scores from Rogers and Calvin etc. from play.

I wouldn't worry about the numbers on Limerick's jerseys on Sunday. They'll be all over the place. O'Neill will chip in with a few, so too will Hayes. They're so inter-changeable and they do it so fluidly. Will Clare reveal a few more chinks in the armour?

A win for either Waterford or Cork will be a big boost for them. A Waterford win will shake things up a bit. A defeat and you're on the back foot in Munster straightaway.

Just a pity that there's a load of games on at the same time.  :'( 

Armagh18

Quote from: Capt Pat on April 19, 2024, 06:59:02 PMHas anyone picked up gaa go this year? Is it worth 79 euro for a handful of Munster and Leinster hurling championship games and the dross on the football side of things?

Get the dodgy box, great job

gallsman

"He's got pace and power and he'll attack ya"

Sheedy on Kyle Hayes.

Gael85

Limerick great value to win game at 5/2. Clare not ruthless in front of posts.

Gael85

Blowitupref

Looking very good for Clare, have brought their league form into the championship.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Gael85

Limerick have this. Clare are gassed.

Harold Disgracey

gallsman

Magical spell from hegarty to win it for them.

Capt Pat

Clare will never win an all Ireland without a half decent goal keeper. Quilligan letting in the second Limerick goal was a disaster for Clare.

Saffrongael

Quote from: Capt Pat on April 21, 2024, 03:37:15 PMClare will never win an all Ireland without a half decent goal keeper. Quilligan letting in the second Limerick goal was a disater for Clare.

Yep have always had my doubts about him, he wasn't great for the first one either
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come