Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

That midfield is terrible
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jayop

It is but any midfield you put down there is going to be terrible. That's the consequence of having terrible midfielders.

I do like Scott, he's a decent player and could still develop into a good one. Matic was brilliant but is past it now. VDB is more of a between the lines attacking player rather than a holding player but if he is to see any time on the pitch at united he's going to have to reinvent himself into a deeper player with more positional discipline. I feel he can do that very well if he wants to. 

Pogba cant play as a two and Fred is a donk so I think that's the best options we have

Jayop

Ronaldo tho. Misses a pen and still comes up with the goods. Pissed me off tonight but hopefully he'll be doing that to all the PL teams we face.

Maroon Manc

United have no assembled a fantastic squad apart from the obvious issue in midfield. United still playing catch up and it will stop us challenging for the title on paper. Whether Ole is upto to it is another issue which we should find out this season. Next summer Pogba & Cavani will leave the club for free so the never ending playing catch up will likely continue.

I'm not a huge fan of Rice but apparently Ole is so United should have tested West Ham's resolve with a cash plus Lingard offer. Rice would have created a huge fuss over it. Fred has been awful since January, his level of performance had upped when Ole came in but his from gas really dipped the last 9 months. McTominay will probably get the chance to make the position his own but he doesn't suit the role. Lots of decisions to make in big matches as he's very rarely gone with Pogba & Fernandes in a middle 3 in those matches.

Even still this is easily the most talented group of players United have had since 2009, the team that won the league in 2011 & 2013 aren't a patch on this lot talent wise; There's plenty to be excited and positive about.

Jayop

Quote from: Maroon Manc on September 02, 2021, 02:10:41 PM
United have no assembled a fantastic squad apart from the obvious issue in midfield. United still playing catch up and it will stop us challenging for the title on paper. Whether Ole is upto to it is another issue which we should find out this season. Next summer Pogba & Cavani will leave the club for free so the never ending playing catch up will likely continue.

I'm not a huge fan of Rice but apparently Ole is so United should have tested West Ham's resolve with a cash plus Lingard offer. Rice would have created a huge fuss over it. Fred has been awful since January, his level of performance had upped when Ole came in but his from gas really dipped the last 9 months. McTominay will probably get the chance to make the position his own but he doesn't suit the role. Lots of decisions to make in big matches as he's very rarely gone with Pogba & Fernandes in a middle 3 in those matches.

Even still this is easily the most talented group of players United have had since 2009, the team that won the league in 2011 & 2013 aren't a patch on this lot talent wise; There's plenty to be excited and positive about.

All correct. The 2011 and maybe less so the 2013 panels are less strong than this, maybe better players in their prime but definitely coming to the end of their careers for a lot of them. The big difference was the greatest manager of all time at the helm.

GJL

Boycey

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Boycey on September 11, 2021, 10:04:27 AM
Viva..

I hope the hype calms down, I listen to radio 5live and my god they are hyping this game up like fook! No need, Utd have signed an ex player who has done well for himself elsewhere. Move on, missing out on a decent midfielder would be the biggest mistake this season
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

If you truly believe that Miiltown and it's hard to tell with your posts  :) I feel sorry for you... Where's your soul, today is a harmless bit of theatre... Enjoy it FFS....

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Boycey on September 11, 2021, 10:37:38 AM
If you truly believe that Miiltown and it's hard to tell with your posts  :) I feel sorry for you... Where's your soul, today is a harmless bit of theatre... Enjoy it FFS....

I'd enjoy a win, its a bit like when Eric came back after suspension, the occasion was hyped and yes Eric delivered on the day but I'd prefer a win tbh..

Is there no station able to show it today? .

Boycey

Premier Sports in the South or a dodgy box near u  ;)

Cunny Funt

Decent return for Ronaldo, a comfortable win and 2 goals. Bruno made sure he wasn't to be overshadowed by his Portuguese team mate by scoring the goal of the game.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 11, 2021, 10:43:04 AM
Quote from: Boycey on September 11, 2021, 10:37:38 AM

I'd enjoy a win, its a bit like when Eric came back after suspension, the occasion was hyped and yes Eric delivered on the day but I'd prefer a win tbh..

Is there no station able to show it today? .

If he has the impact that Eric did after returning from his suspension, he will be worth the hype!
Hasta la victoria siempre

Armagh18

What a man. Is Cavani injured again?

De Gea

Shaw

Greenwood-Pogba-Bruno-Lingard-Martial

Sancho-Ronaldo-Cavani-Rashford

Could we just line out like that? Who needs a defence anyway...

Boycey

Just noticed there now Utd are one of the early kickoffs this evening... Teatime footie, happy days..