Started by RedHand88, July 31, 2021, 05:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win?

Tyrone by 1-3
Tyrone by 4+
Kerry by 1-3
Kerry by 4+

Rossfan

Sorry to hear you have  eyesight problems.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

greatpoint

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 01, 2021, 07:58:40 PM
Quote from: greatpoint on August 01, 2021, 07:39:30 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on August 01, 2021, 07:35:22 PM
Quote from: greatpoint on August 01, 2021, 07:17:15 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 31, 2021, 08:14:12 PM
Quote from: greatpoint on July 31, 2021, 07:43:32 PM
Tyrone were being overrated after beating a 14 man Donegal, I think today's performance is a truer reflection on where they are at. They don't have a free taker and their bench is nowhere near as good as has been made out. Monaghan left that behind them today and I can see Kerry comfortably beating Tyrone in the semi-final.
Tyrone had 5 players ruled out due to covid today, and Mcshane, Canavan and Munroe only coming back after longer term injuries. I think when they have everyone available, their squad is one of their strengths

Who were the 5 missing players?

Frank burns
Tiernan mccann
Richie donnelly
Rory brennan
Conor shields

We went to the well and came back with a drink.

Which out of those 5 do you think Kerry would be most concerned about?
Well 4 of them are defenders so I doubt kerry would be making special plans for any of them. Regardless, take 5 player sout of any IC squad and it will weaken them to some degree. There is every chance Burns, Brennan and McCann  could all have started against monaghan if available.

Tyrone were going to beat Monaghan without those players anyway. Even with all of them available and McShane and Canavan fully fit, Kerry will win comfortably.

tyrone08

Quote from: Thastheball on August 01, 2021, 11:14:58 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on August 01, 2021, 05:14:47 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 01, 2021, 05:09:10 PM
Quote from: seafoid on August 01, 2021, 03:58:10 PM
Kerry are a few years ahead of Tyrone at the minute

In what way? That Tyrone side to me would appear to be longer on the road than Kerry who have much more scope for improvement than Tyrone.

I would say in terms that kerry have been working on a system for a number of years where as tyrone are trying to play a new system after years upon years of playing a certain negative way. Interesting article from Niall Morgan Irish news, gives an insight into mickeys my way attitude.

Do you watch Kerry at all. Kerry working on a system for a number of years lol ffs weren't they bt by Cork last season trying to play defensively. A new system this year in contrast to last season's dismal defensive tripe. Tyrone similar to their typical game except letting in some early ball

System was probably the wrong choice of words. The kerry players and management have been working together for a number of years whereas tyorn have been working togfor only a few months.

Last year kerry defeat was a bit of freak. It was one long hit and hope ball in at the last min which beat them.

larryin89

Are kerry suspect at the back still, we are all in awe of their magnificent forwards and rightly so but they are hardly considered solid in defence and still relying on david moran in the middle . Cork cut in handy in the opening exchanges the last day . I'm not convinced by kerry at all . My gut tells me Tyrone will make a right scrap out of this one . Con o callaghan made light work in the league game of getting in behind them . Foley,o beagliadh, o sullivan etc they're not exactly mark o se , Tomas,  Moynihan,  look all I'm saying is it's not a frightening kerry 1 to 9 imho.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Armagh18

Quote from: larryin89 on August 02, 2021, 08:23:46 PM
Are kerry suspect at the back still, we are all in awe of their magnificent forwards and rightly so but they are hardly considered solid in defence and still relying on david moran in the middle . Cork cut in handy in the opening exchanges the last day . I'm not convinced by kerry at all . My gut tells me Tyrone will make a right scrap out of this one . Con o callaghan made light work in the league game of getting in behind them . Foley,o beagliadh, o sullivan etc they're not exactly mark o se , Tomas,  Moynihan,  look all I'm saying is it's not a frightening kerry 1 to 9 imho.
The Clifford, Geaney and SOS will be laughing at Morgan running about like a headless chicken the last day. Tyrone forwards are capable of hurting Kerry but they are a level below what Kerry have.

Wildweasel74

Kerry are shaky at 3 and 6, whether Mike Breen sorts out the centre half back position time will tell.

trueblue1234

I don't think we've seen the optimum Tyrone forward line up this year yet. A FF line up of McCurry, McShane, Donnelly is nothing to be sniffed at. Throw in Meyler, Bradley, Canavan, R Donnelly, Burns, McGeary. It's as good a attacking line up as we've had in a long time. It's whether we'll get to see the best of if this year with the likes of Canavsn and McShane returning from injury.
Midfield is where the jury is still out. There's potential there, but very raw against this level. If they can continue their good form then you never know.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

screenexile

NotedObserver

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 02, 2021, 10:19:06 PM
I don't think we've seen the optimum Tyrone forward line up this year yet. A FF line up of McCurry, McShane, Donnelly is nothing to be sniffed at. Throw in Meyler, Bradley, Canavan, R Donnelly, Burns, McGeary. It's as good a attacking line up as we've had in a long time. It's whether we'll get to see the best of if this year with the likes of Canavsn and McShane returning from injury.
Midfield is where the jury is still out. There's potential there, but very raw against this level. If they can continue their good form then you never know.

McKenna as well. Another man that could do with a longer campaign as potential is massive

trueblue1234

Quote from: NotedObserver on August 02, 2021, 10:27:04 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 02, 2021, 10:19:06 PM

McKenna as well. Another man that could do with a longer campaign as potential is massive

I think McKenna will settle in the half back line. But needs to get up to speed quickly for this year. Was hoping for more from him, which is probably unfair on him.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

trailer

This is perfect for Tyrone. It is a free cut at Kerry. No one expects them to get within 10 points of them. They have nothing to lose. This Tyrone team is committed and they'll be smarting from the chastening experience in Kerry earlier this year. Kerry will probably win but I don't think they'll have it all their own way either. I am looking forward to it.

tonto1888

Anyone making predictions about this game based on the league game needs to have a word with themselves. Tyrone weren't good that day, have improved massively and will have learned a lot. It will be a lot closer than people think. Uncomfortably so

Hereiam

You can have the best forwards in the world but if good ball is not going into them often enough then it doesn't matter a dam.
McKenna needs to be doing more of this, he needs to on the the level Brian McGuigan was (if only). If Tyrone can do this then we have a chance.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 03, 2021, 10:23:37 AM
Anyone making predictions about this game based on the league game needs to have a word with themselves. Tyrone weren't good that day, have improved massively and will have learned a lot. It will be a lot closer than people think. Uncomfortably so

If Tyrone get everyone behind the ball Kerry won't score that much, double team Clifford though will only allow the other players tap over the scores, like they did against Cork, fitness levels for most of the Tyrone lads seem fine accept the ones that came back recently. 2 weeks wouldn't bring them up to speed either.

Be interesting to see if Tyrone change their style, they could counter attack Kerry well but need to make sure that they take 95% of their chances to have a chance and hope that Kerry have a bad day and its raining lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Tyrone haven't done the iterations. Kerry have.
Tyrone might peak in 2 or 3 years. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU