?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Cluborcountywhynotboth

Quote from: HiMucker on July 02, 2023, 06:43:43 PM
This shite that by Derry ones that we are punching above our weight needs to stop. Club level, schools level, we should always be at the top table, that's our level. If we fall short so be it, but that that should be the minimum expectation. Mc Kinkess amazing today, 100% man of the match, serious performance. Maybe I'm on a high, but I only see that team getting stronger. Murray be starti g next year for starters. I might be being biased but Ben McCarron is far better than what he has been credited for as well. Needs to go out and show it. Some footballers in Derry coming through as well.

Agree with a lot of that. I think today will bring the team on and perhaps needed the game. I do worry about us defensively against the quality of the Kerry forwards. Derry seem to have an issue down the right hand defensive corridor were we seem to concede a lot of goal chances, which Kerry will punish, also we were very stand offish in defence today allowing cork opportunities to shoot from 30/35 metres, do that against Kerry and they will punish us, Cork just didn't have the forwards to do it.

On McCarron, imho having seen him quite a few times, I just don't think he's anywhere near county level. On Murray, I wasn't too far away from the sideline today and just after he came on he didn't track a runner (or perhaps didn't take up the correct defensive position) and meenagh was very unhappy saying 'where is Murray, he just never listens'. With the way Derry play I would say that's probably more why he isn't starting rather than his forward play, when he matures and learns his role within the system I'd say he'll be a shoe in.

WT4E

Quote from: HiMucker on July 02, 2023, 10:20:25 PM
Quote from: WT4E on July 02, 2023, 09:25:04 PM
Mckinless has to be the biggest diver in sport. Embarrassing
he won't take Jordans crown, so don't you worry pet lol

Your only using Jordan as an example as u remember it from an all ireland final. Forest Gump is more recent than Derry appearing in and All Ireland Final and that ain't changing anytime soon. But mckinless can dive week in week out without that celtic cross. Lol

restorepride

Fantastic bit of skill from Doherty with the bounce for the goal and McCluskey's perfectly timed jump!! Great response. So proud of the team for all their achievements this year .. so far!

JoG2

Quote from: restorepride on July 02, 2023, 10:47:17 PM
Fantastic bit of skill from Doherty with the bounce for the goal and McCluskey's perfectly timed jump!! Great response. So proud of the team for all their achievements this year .. so far!

Another semi-final to look forward to, hard to beat

HiMucker

Quote from: WT4E on July 02, 2023, 10:28:00 PM

Your only using Jordan as an example as u remember it from an all ireland final. Forest Gump is more recent than Derry appearing in and All Ireland Final and that ain't changing anytime soon. But mckinless can dive week in week out without that celtic cross. Lol
Chin up lad, dont you worry I've seen that Kerry side hammer good  teams.

JoG2

Quote from: HiMucker on July 02, 2023, 11:01:00 PM
Quote from: WT4E on July 02, 2023, 10:28:00 PM

Chin up lad, dont you worry I've seen that Kerry side hammer good  teams.

The curse of a landlocked county, very little to be at when the county is out and Gortin Glen is full of midges

ahyewillyewillyewill

Was in HQ watching the games, noticed an oddly dressed woman sitting near me, wearing a large sun hat and all mic'd up, spitting in her hands every time Derry were on the ball....
After the Derry game she just vanished!
thought it was strange...

quit yo jibbajabba

Ah summer holidays. Couldnt bate them

Hoof Hearted

Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Newbridge Exile

Practically no Juvenile tickets available since  i logged on about quarter to seven hoof

Wildweasel74

Got a good hogan there, Family tickets not out to general sale in the morning  I think.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 03, 2023, 07:54:04 PM
Got a good hogan there, Family tickets not out to general sale in the morning  I think.

OK thanks I'll try then
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012