Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
9 (47.4%)
?
10 (52.6%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Rawhide

Antrim were able to score a few points into injury time on Saturday to win a massive game, they must have been training to to have such fitness levels at the stage of the game.
cccc is a true supporter lol

JoG2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on May 17, 2021, 12:46:29 PM
Quote from: Rawhide on May 17, 2021, 11:35:54 AM
Some amount of insulting hear to assume senior CB members would have turned a blind eye to Derry training as a group. I watched the Derry game on Saturday and they weren't any fitter or unfitter or better organised than Tyrone/Donegal/Armagh etc. Gossip.

Derry were good on Saturday, well organised, defensively strong, 15 behind the ball as is Gallaghers way. Controlled the game. Glass, Loughlin and Mc Kindless good. Great to see Mc Kindless back, a class player and needed. Would like to see some long ball delivered as we have excellent inside men who can rotate, but that is maybe for later in the season. Fingers crossed as its the next phase in development. Great start.

u20s have been training so we must assume the seniors have too

To assume is to make.... What is it with Derry men touting (info from their reliable sources re rumoured collective training) on their own county / players?

Quote from: Rawhide on May 17, 2021, 02:19:30 PM
Antrim were able to score a few points into injury time on Saturday to win a massive game, they must have been training to to have such fitness levels at the stage of the game.

Must be out 8 months then!  ;D

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: JoG2 on May 17, 2021, 02:23:19 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on May 17, 2021, 12:46:29 PM
Quote from: Rawhide on May 17, 2021, 11:35:54 AM
Some amount of insulting hear to assume senior CB members would have turned a blind eye to Derry training as a group. I watched the Derry game on Saturday and they weren't any fitter or unfitter or better organised than Tyrone/Donegal/Armagh etc. Gossip.

Derry were good on Saturday, well organised, defensively strong, 15 behind the ball as is Gallaghers way. Controlled the game. Glass, Loughlin and Mc Kindless good. Great to see Mc Kindless back, a class player and needed. Would like to see some long ball delivered as we have excellent inside men who can rotate, but that is maybe for later in the season. Fingers crossed as its the next phase in development. Great start.

u20s have been training so we must assume the seniors have too

To assume is to make.... What is it with Derry men touting (info from their reliable sources re rumoured collective training) on their own county / players?

Quote from: Rawhide on May 17, 2021, 02:19:30 PM

Must be out 8 months then!  ;D

Lol, honestly JoG2 I dont care, more power to them, but its the players themselves(U20) who canny houl their water.

I think its safe to say most team were training, and im for 1 ok with adults making their own decisions

bannside

Your seniors can't hold their water either. Now what's the weather going to be like for the weekend?

tbrick18

Any thoughts on the game this weekend?

I think given the way we played last week, I'd start with more or less the same team again.  I don't think we picked up any injuries last week so hopefully this is possible.
Another win and we'd be in a really good position, but Fermanagh will be a different proposition. I'd expect a much tighter game.

Real Talk

Good team performance by Derry

Fermanagh's back room team will have a better knowledge of Derry's strengths and weaknesses plus the Ulster factor will make it a tight game in any case.  Is McCloskey injured ?   Also K McKaigue is probably not match fit after his injury !  Who else have we got for Sunday that can make an improvement during the course of the game ... the strength of the bench will be important.

Still good to go into this game with a win

bannside

Estimator

Expected a tight low scoring affair. Didn't think Derry would run up a score like that.
Ulster League Champions 2009

bannside

JoG2

Didn't get to see it but heard great reports. Another fine game for McKindless and the goal chances were taken this week. Well done players and management. Semi final secured

tbrick18

Derry are definately progressing.
It can be difficult to watch with all the back passing and keep ball but the persistent probing paid off today.
We are still vulnerable when someone runs at us I think. Fermanagh did it a few times and we struggled with it, but the fact we completely dominated the middle third meant they couldnt get a run at us.
Glass is really improving game to game.
Emmet Bradley does some amazing things, then can hand pass a ball straight to the opposing team. But never stops working to his credit. McKindless has probably been the "find" of the season so far and the cub from newbridge has some pace about him.

Couldn't ask for much more at this stage.

Promotion is definately the objective this year and then push on again next year.

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: tbrick18 on May 22, 2021, 09:39:20 PM
Derry are definately progressing.
It can be difficult to watch with all the back passing and keep ball but the persistent probing paid off today.
We are still vulnerable when someone runs at us I think. Fermanagh did it a few times and we struggled with it, but the fact we completely dominated the middle third meant they couldnt get a run at us.
Glass is really improving game to game.
Emmet Bradley does some amazing things, then can hand pass a ball straight to the opposing team. But never stops working to his credit. McKindless has probably been the "find" of the season so far and the cub from newbridge has some pace about him.

Couldn't ask for much more at this stage.

Promotion is definately the objective this year and then push on again next year.

I think we've found H.

quit yo jibbajabba

Nice one Champion 😃

If it had been tbrick it wouldnt have been any more of a disappointment

Ps Derry for Sam

bannside

Silver hill

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 22, 2021, 10:07:11 PM
Nice one Champion 😃

If it had been tbrick it wouldnt have been any more of a disappointment

Ps Derry for Sam
[/quote

That was a very significant performance by Derry today. Very much on an upward curve and motoring nicely. Credit where it is due to Gallagher, rooted out the fraudsters and finally has a group who all really want to be there.
Future is bright