Guess the Sindo Headline

Started by mylestheslasher, October 14, 2011, 10:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nally Stand

Everyone was wrong! Lead headline in todays Sunday Indo website:

"MICHAEL D FEARS SINN FÉIN IN ARAS WOULD ENDORSE IRA"

The entire list of main articles listed below it consist of:

EOGHAN HARRIS: UNEASY RIDERS WHO DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE REPUBLIC
(article opens with a reference to Martin McGuinness being "evil")

MCGUINNESS PLAYS VICTIM IN ELECTION HE CANNOT WIN
(By Willy O'Dea, who at the start of the article pretends that he had initially intended to write about all seven candidates and their campaigns, but decided in the end to dedicate it all to attacking McGuinness)

MCGUINNESS FINDS THAT IT'S A LONG, LONG WAY FROM THERE TO DOWN HERE
(A nice little partitionist one from Jody Corcoran)

BRENDAN O'CONNOR: 'MIRIAM MOMENT'  WAS WHEN THE MASK SLIPPED
(Where O'Connor tells us that McGuinness bullied O'Callaghan during the show and "looked like a man who was capable of being involved in a murder")

RUTH DUDLEY EDWARDS: VICTIMS OF THE TROUBLES HAVEN'T GONE AWAY YOU KNOW
(Where ruthie tells us how Ireland's tourism industry would fall apart if McGuinness got elected.)

There is one pro-McGuinness article though. It's about John McGuinness though.

I feel like Vincent Browne reviewing the papers.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Maguire01

Quote from: Nally Stand on October 16, 2011, 09:45:38 AM
The entire list of main articles listed below it consist of:
I think it's meant to be a list of related articles. With one mistake.

mylestheslasher

The old rag didn't let me down this morning, full of one sided bias. It amazing anyone would be stupid enough to pay money for it. I read it online for the craic.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Its amazing that anyone would read a one side rag.

http://aprnonline.com/
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on October 16, 2011, 02:46:04 PM

Agreed but what has that got to do with this thread. You are like a little child running around the board looking for attention.

Nally Stand

'Sinn Féin's party newspaper in party bias shock'..... You've uncovered a real big story there MGHU.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Rossfan

Thats a party newspaper of course its biased ya balloon. The SINDO is supposed to be a non biased paper
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Eamonnca1

whiskeysteve

The Sunday Independent is one evil motherfckin institution.

They won't give a fcuk about what this nordie thinks - but - on their talk of the past re mcguinness, in my humble young opinion folks up here really just got weary of debating the tit for tat evils that all sides inflicted on each other - it was a cyclical exercise that ultimately offered no way out and kept the wounds green. And it really is remarkable how individual atrocities have slowly but surely been specifically referred to less and less in the northern media over time. 'Whataboutery' became a stock phrase and we have all moved on, in general, for the good of everyone. This is not a slant on the many who suffered and continue to seek justice because in the main they do so for their own dignity and peace of mind rather than as a cynical means of protecting vested interests.

And now in 2011 to hear a self-entitled, self righteous, bloated cabal of high society journos dig up the horrors of our past to use as emergency barricades to their ivory tower is nauseating in the extreme. You can respect the consistent opinions of many Unionists especially those who represent their own people through and through. You can only abhor the mock outrage of the sindo as they go raiding the wardrobe for skeletons when marty comes to town. it was "let them eat cake" for the black 6 in the bad times and now when the shinners loom large on Sir anthonys horizon suddenly the cake dont taste so good. Their hypocrisy stinks. they are a incestuous cabal who represent the vested interests of a few under the veneer of speaking for the masses and the sooner the newsagents shelves are cleansed of their poison the better.

if they all lost their jobs in the morning i would jump for f**king joy
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Nally Stand

Was waiting on some food in a bar yesterday and picked up a copy of the sindo. A front page story... Gerry Adams travelled in a vehicle which had darkened windows, which apparently is a form of transport which is often used by gangsters and drug lords. Yep. Seems Gerry Adams is now even more evil than the sindo have always been telling us. They already have said for years that he is a gangster but now we know he is linked (however tediously) with being a drug Lord.

What sort of mindset does a reader have to have to get sucked into such extreme form of propaganda? How can such utter utter drivel be passed as journalism in a supposedly civilised place? How low an opinion of ones self must a reader have to allow themselves be actually influenced by excrement like that? The sad part is, there are no shortage of bone idle, judgemental, sanctimonious dumbasses out there who lap up such "journalism" and who will still maintain that they aren't being led by the noise in how they think.

All of a Sludden

Quote from: Nally Stand on August 12, 2013, 09:31:41 AM
What sort of mindset does a reader have to have to get sucked into such extreme form of propaganda?

I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Bord na Mona man

Was waiting on some food in a bar yesterday and picked up a copy of the sindo.
I love how everybody feels the need to explain the circumstances in which they commandeered a copy of the Sindo, but never actually bought it.

Hardy

Quote from: All of a Sludden on August 12, 2013, 09:42:38 AM
What sort of mindset does a reader have to have to get sucked into such extreme form of propaganda?

Haaaaaa!

Nally Stand

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on August 12, 2013, 09:51:57 AM
Was waiting on some food in a bar yesterday and picked up a copy of the sindo.
I love how everybody feels the need to explain the circumstances in which they commandeered a copy of the Sindo, but never actually bought it.

Just to make sure there's no confusion!