Monaghan v Derry

Started by Maguire01, July 05, 2009, 06:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: Rav67 on July 11, 2009, 04:50:38 PM
Paddy doing the "Rafa Benitez" after the goal  :D  Fantastic piece of skill from Skinner to set the goal up, you wouldnnt see better in the Premiership.  Think Ill book my flights home for next week..  Wasn't at all confident before the game today, hope we get an easy draw for next Sat...

Paddy loves to rub it in. 2-7 entitles him to do whatever the hell he likes.

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: orangeman on July 11, 2009, 04:57:43 PM
Quote from: Rav67 on July 11, 2009, 04:50:38 PM
Paddy doing the "Rafa Benitez" after the goal  :D  Fantastic piece of skill from Skinner to set the goal up, you wouldnnt see better in the Premiership.  Think Ill book my flights home for next week..  Wasn't at all confident before the game today, hope we get an easy draw for next Sat...

Paddy loves to rub it in. 2-7 entitles him to do whatever the hell he likes.

Paddy loves to rub it in, nor does he like it when people rub it in to him like the Ricey incident in the Tyrone game. Both incidents aren't much different yet you won't see the same backlash as Ricey suffered on here after the incident.

Paddy should know better and let his scoring do the talking. His 2-7 today should have made a big enough point today.

DUBSFORSAM1

Good performance from Derry but still a few worries - conceeding 20 points to a Monaghan team without Freeman is poor and I doubt any other team will look as slow and as low on energy as Monaghan were today.

Rav67

Quote from: Lady GAA GAA on July 11, 2009, 04:54:41 PM
NOT TALKING ABOUT SOUTH DERRY GAEL

RA67

Not another Portstewart WUM surely!

Gnevin

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 11, 2009, 04:25:20 PM
Every time someone's late for a match you dubs start on about it. Now a boy does a celebration he shouldn't and you boys are on about it.

Karma.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Gnevin

Quote from: Lady GAA GAA on July 11, 2009, 04:55:46 PM
WAIT WERE YOU NOT THEIR EITHER

typicla!!!

Is your caps lock button broken?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

north down

Well done Derry a very good performance going forward - the Derry supporters will be happy with the win but the players and management will not be happy with the amount of scores which they conceded against a Monaghan team minus its talisman forward.

Atticus_Finch

"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

red hander

Quote from: north down on July 11, 2009, 06:03:06 PM
Well done Derry a very good performance going forward - the Derry supporters will be happy with the win but the players and management will not be happy with the amount of scores which they conceded against a Monaghan team minus its talisman forward.

Surely you mean 'the Derry supporter'

Lady GAA GAA

talktothehand

well done derry. winners of the comb in the bald men contest!! mugs!! :-*

tbrick18

Excellent result for Derry...I predicted during the week that if Derry had their heads right they would win comfortably and thankfully that was the case.  I think today showed that when it comes down to football, Monaghan just cant compete with Derry. Monaghan didnt resort to their usual rough house tactics and it resulted in an open game which was very enjoyable....I'm glad I went now!

Yes Derry have a bit to work on...particularly after conceding 20 points but there were a lot more positives after this game than the Tyrone one. I think tactically we got it 100% right and we seemed to be playing as a team rather than a collection of individual.
Hopefully we can improve now for the next game and with McGuckian back it will strengthen us further at the back.

If that was Paddy Bradley playing injured today...I think we should keep him injured all year!
I thought Eoin Bradley, Kielt (yes I usually dont like Kielt), Lynch, Diver, Doc, Patsy, Gerard O'Kane were all excellent, but no-one was particularly bad. In the form Hanratty was in it was only going to be damage limitation....thought he was Monaghans best player. Ronaghan also very good.

When is the draw for the next round?

Mario

Just back from the game, great game of football, thought Fergal Doherty was immense. We missed Kevin McGuickan a lot, a bit concerned at how many monaghan scored. Hopefully we avoid Kerry and kick on from here.

Irenses

Draw is on RTE after the Waterford v Tipp game tomorrow

cornerback

Quote from: tbrick18 on July 11, 2009, 07:01:13 PM
Excellent result for Derry...I predicted during the week that if Derry had their heads right they would win comfortably and thankfully that was the case.  I think today showed that when it comes down to football, Monaghan just cant compete with Derry. Monaghan didnt resort to their usual rough house tactics and it resulted in an open game which was very enjoyable....I'm glad I went now!

Yes Derry have a bit to work on...particularly after conceding 20 points but there were a lot more positives after this game than the Tyrone one. I think tactically we got it 100% right and we seemed to be playing as a team rather than a collection of individual.
Hopefully we can improve now for the next game and with McGuckian back it will strengthen us further at the back.

If that was Paddy Bradley playing injured today...I think we should keep him injured all year!
I thought Eoin Bradley, Kielt (yes I usually dont like Kielt), Lynch, Diver, Doc, Patsy, Gerard O'Kane were all excellent, but no-one was particularly bad. In the form Hanratty was in it was only going to be damage limitation....thought he was Monaghans best player. Ronaghan also very good.

When is the draw for the next round?

Unfortunately Kevin won't be back for the next qualifier game - 4 week ban so i think it runs out at 12 midnight on saturday night