TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: whitegoodman on July 15, 2011, 10:21:59 PM
Quote from: Don Johnson on July 14, 2011, 04:20:39 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 14, 2011, 03:39:39 PM
Quote from: Don Johnson on July 14, 2011, 03:04:48 PM
Good man Billy had forgot about that will download now.

New series of Entorage not far away now.
They only wrapped on it a couple of weeks ago so would assume it's still a while away. Last season so would need to be better than 7 - it was cat.

Starts July 24th in the US. Read somewhere Sky Atlantic will be showing it on the Monday night over here.

Trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu6_eIlbZu4&feature=relmfu

Glad to see Vince back on the rails he was doing my head in.

Another thing for it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_maLY94oUY&feature=youtu.be

Any word when this starting in the UK.

The last series was cat alright but Im currently going through the first 6 series for the 3rd time and series 2 through to 6 are brilliant.  Dont understand why this show isnt more popular.  Cant believe channel 4 never picked it up.

Anyway time for vince to get back to ridden wemen, Drama to be hilariously stupid and Ari to take the little gay chinese bloke back as his assistant
Aye it turned to shit because they took the fun out of it. I'm sure the reviews reflected that and will be back on form for 8. Was chat previously about a movie but not sure if it has any legs.

whitegoodman

That was exactly the point, they took the fun out of it and tried to make it semi serious.  At their best I thought Ari and Drama ( dont no their real names ) are 2 of the best comedy actors about.  I could easily watch a spin off show about either of them.

Heard the same rumous about the movie, hopefully it is true.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Justified on Channel 5 is my favourate programme in quite a while, pity channel 5 only have a few episodes up at anyone time. Addicted to this now.

http://www.channel5.com/shows/justified
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

DrinkingHarp

Rescue Me from Dennis Leary just started its final season here in the states.........great show.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

clarshack

Quote from: paco on July 14, 2011, 03:59:04 PM
Quote from: laoislad on July 14, 2011, 03:37:19 PM
Watching a new series that Steven Spielberg is involved with called Falling Skies.
I like it.

Seen that advertised, looked good but I forgot to watch it! What channel is it on? I'll check if it's repeated tonight or tomorrow.

its on fx. think 2nd episode is repeated tonight.

it reminds me of the walking dead - only they've replaced zombies with aliens.

walking dead season 2 is supposed to starting soon.

Bogball XV

Quote from: clarshack on July 16, 2011, 11:10:30 AM
Watching a new series that Steven Spielberg is involved with called Falling Skies.
I like it.

Seen that advertised, looked good but I forgot to watch it! What channel is it on? I'll check if it's repeated tonight or tomorrow.

watched the first two episodes of that walking dead - didn't take to it at all.  Did it improve?

Watched the first 5 episodes of 'The Killing' - started off brilliantly, tailing off a wee bit now imo, but still well worth watching (talking about the US version btw).

paco

Quote from: clarshack on July 16, 2011, 11:10:30 AM
I like it.

I thought that's where  I had seen it! Anyone watching The Kennedys?

Bogball XV

Quote from: Celt_Man on July 16, 2011, 02:44:58 PM
Quote from: Bogball XV on July 16, 2011, 02:30:49 PM
Watched the first 5 episodes of 'The Killing' - started off brilliantly, tailing off a wee bit now imo, but still well worth watching (talking about the US version btw).

Is there a British version of the Killing then? Which one is being shown on Channel 4 these days?
Dunno which is on CH4, i am watching the US version via download

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Bogball XV on July 16, 2011, 07:33:38 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on July 16, 2011, 02:44:58 PM
Quote from: Bogball XV on July 16, 2011, 02:30:49 PM

Is there a British version of the Killing then? Which one is being shown on Channel 4 these days?
Dunno which is on CH4, i am watching the US version via download
US version on C4. Danish version was on BBC4 I believe.

Don Johnson

Three episodes into the new series of Curb Your Enthusiasm and I am impressed. The third episode, Palestinian Chicken, was the best so far and one of my favourites of the whole lot. Good to see Funkhouser getting in on the act more.

First episode of Entourage down as well, not really much happening, just a recap/refresher of what happened. Look forward to the rest of the series now they can get into some proper story arcs. Hope it doesn't turn into a whole will they / won't they they with E and Sloane.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Don Johnson on July 29, 2011, 12:07:04 AM
Three episodes into the new series of Curb Your Enthusiasm and I am impressed. The third episode, Palestinian Chicken, was the best so far and one of my favourites of the whole lot. Good to see Funkhouser getting in on the act more.

First episode of Entourage down as well, not really much happening, just a recap/refresher of what happened. Look forward to the rest of the series now they can get into some proper story arcs. Hope it doesn't turn into a whole will they / won't they they with E and Sloane.
Watched the first two curbs last night - still worth watching and a few great scenes, but I can't see it extending much longer and that's probably for the best.  Something the Entourage makers shoud have figured about around season 5 (that or killed off Eric).

Canalman

Halfway through season one of Breaking Bad. Very good so far.

Have been meaning to buy Carnivale but am put out by the fact (acc to wiki anway) that it ended suddenly leaving the plots/ themes in limbo. Is that so?

J OGorman

just finished Forbrydelsen (The Killing), absolutely brilliant. (dont go near the Killing thread as there's spoilers there)

Bogball XV

Quote from: J OGorman on July 29, 2011, 12:38:40 PM
just finished Forbrydelsen (The Killing), absolutely brilliant. (dont go near the Killing thread as there's spoilers there)
i've finished series one of the US version - are they the same plot etc?  Has anyone watched both?

I'd definitely recommend the US version, a wee bit silly in places, but overall very good.

Breaking Bad is excellent too.

Don Johnson

Quote from: Canalman on July 29, 2011, 12:12:18 PM
Halfway through season one of Breaking Bad. Very good so far.

Have been meaning to buy Carnivale but am put out by the fact (acc to wiki anway) that it ended suddenly leaving the plots/ themes in limbo. Is that so?

I bought the first series of Carnivale on DVD, it was ok just. Watchable but didn't blow me away the way I thought it should.

The first series didn't warrant me buying the second so I have been downloading it, but it is taking ages to finish.

Downloading Breaking Bad as well.

Caught a couple episodes of Man Versus Food on some weird Sky channel there recently, looks a good laugh so have it on the download list as well.

Paco -  I have watched the whole series of The Kennedys, a good enough series but it lacked in a few ways, Ted was never in it at all to my recollection, RFK is portrayed as JFKs fixer basically, not much about his Justice Dept work, and the assassinations of both were glossed over very quickly when there is so much scope there it is unreal.