TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paco

Quote from: ziggysego on June 01, 2010, 11:47:50 PM
Quote from: paco on June 01, 2010, 10:36:10 PM
Anyone watching that Spartan that starts tonight on Bravo?

Started last week on Bravo. Sky+ it, haven't got around to watching it yet.

I did the same with tonight's episode, is it the second episode then I take it?

ziggysego

Quote from: paco on June 01, 2010, 11:52:58 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on June 01, 2010, 11:47:50 PM
Quote from: paco on June 01, 2010, 10:36:10 PM
Anyone watching that Spartan that starts tonight on Bravo?

Started last week on Bravo. Sky+ it, haven't got around to watching it yet.

I did the same with tonight's episode, is it the second episode then I take it?

Yeah.
Testing Accessibility

Puckoon

Watched the first episode of the sopranos last night - thought it was decent.

Is it worth watchin the whole series?

Also - band of brothers? Is it any use? Seen that eejit from friends on it and thought it'd be crap but the one I watched was ok.

JimStynes

Quote from: Puckoon on June 01, 2010, 11:57:16 PM

Also - band of brothers? Is it any use? Seen that eejit from friends on it and thought it'd be crap but the one I watched was ok.

I'm on the last epsiode now, watched the whole 6 seasons this past month. Brilliant show, season 6 in particular is very good.

As for Band of Brothers, in my opinion it's the best series along with The Wire that has ever been made.  Even more impressive when you think that it's actually based on real people and real events. You should buy the book aswell!

blewuporstuffed

Anyone watching 'Luther' on BBC?
think its a six part series. very good so far.
the guy that played Stringer bell  from the wire is in it.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Canalman

Started watching Dexter on DVD last week.......... half way through 1st series. A very good show. Great characters in it.

Band of Brothers while good, imo is not as brilliant as many others say it is. Just my opinion.

Next port of call will be Sons of Anarchy.......... seen a couple of episodes recently on tv and it looks very good.

Celt_Man

Quote from: JimStynes on June 02, 2010, 12:14:12 AM
Quote from: Puckoon on June 01, 2010, 11:57:16 PM

I'm on the last epsiode now, watched the whole 6 seasons this past month. Brilliant show, season 6 in particular is very good.

As for Band of Brothers, in my opinion it's the best series along with The Wire that has ever been made.  Even more impressive when you think that it's actually based on real people and real events. You should buy the book aswell!

Just in the middle of Season 6 of The Sopranos, having watched the lot of them in the last couple of months... it's a top class series, very enjoyable.

Band of Brothers is one of the best things you can watch... simple as that
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Shrek

Not sure if this has alrady been covered but.......
anyone watch "How i met your mother"

i have only discovered this recently and love it, had to download buy all 5 series and watch from the start.

nrico2006

Always wanted to watch Soprano's boxed-set, but wouldn't have the time at the minute.  But with 24, Lost and Flashforward off my TV, is there anything good starting at the minute?  Is the Spartan any good?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Billys Boots

QuoteIs the Spartan any good?

If gratuitous sex and violence is your thing, then Spartacus is for you.  Seriously though, it's good escapism - I enjoyed it, but it wasn't exactly riveting.  John Hannah is good as the evil, though likeable slavemaster.  Lucy Lawless (remember Xena Warrior Princess, prrrrrrr) is his flakey missus.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 02, 2010, 08:42:22 AM
Anyone watching 'Luther' on BBC?
think its a six part series. very good so far.
the guy that played Stringer bell  from the wire is in it.
Best episode to date last night, also "Chuck" on Virgin 1 is worth a watch

ziggysego

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on June 02, 2010, 01:53:54 PM
also "Chuck" on Virgin 1 is worth a watch

I saw the episode with Scott Bakula & Chevy Chase. Looks like a good show.
Testing Accessibility

Celt_Man

Quote from: Billys Boots on June 02, 2010, 01:35:55 PM
QuoteIs the Spartan any good?

If gratuitous sex and violence is your thing, then Spartacus is for you.  Seriously though, it's good escapism - I enjoyed it, but it wasn't exactly riveting.  John Hannah is good as the evil, though likeable slavemaster.  Lucy Lawless (remember Xena Warrior Princess, prrrrrrr) is his flakey missus.

Bingo!! This Spartan thingy now has a new fan! ;D
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Minder

Haven't read back on this thread but "Two and a half men" on Comedy Central is as good as is on tv at the minute.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: ziggysego on June 02, 2010, 02:37:49 PM
Quote from: Newbridge Exile on June 02, 2010, 01:53:54 PM
also "Chuck" on Virgin 1 is worth a watch

I saw the episode with Scott Bakula & Chevy Chase. Looks like a good show.
Sure is , Completely unbeleivable but  is well written with some very funny characters ( plus agent walker who is very easy on the eye)