TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPGJOHNNYG

Lod was awful tonight. Wtf do they not have test audiences anymore to say that was absolute pish.

JPGJOHNNYG

Buckells was such a nothing character. Literally any other ending would have been better. Have hastings as the 4th man or carmichael or the chief constable or even fairbanks bluffing his dementia but that was shite. Or is all that just hinted at for another season who knows but that was w**k

armaghniac

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 02, 2021, 10:36:44 PM
I had thought about watching the man in the high castle but won't now. Any which way there will never be a worse ending than dexter.

I wouldn't write off all 40 episodes because of the last 5 minutes, especially the first two series are very watchable.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

clarshack

Lod Awful, they went with a poor mans keyser soze.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: clarshack on May 02, 2021, 11:27:52 PM

The keyzer soze ending would have been Terry as H 😂 and it would have been better than that rubbish

clarshack

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on May 02, 2021, 11:34:58 PM
Quote from: clarshack on May 02, 2021, 11:27:52 PM

The keyzer soze ending would have been Terry as H 😂 and it would have been better than that rubbish

That actually would have been better lol

bennydorano

I've been rewatching The Sopranos from the start, in S3 atm. Can't believe how well it has stood up, it is still real top drawer stuff, plus its been that long since I watched it it's like a new show again.

charlieTully

Quote from: bennydorano on May 03, 2021, 09:32:36 AM
I've been rewatching The Sopranos from the start, in S3 atm. Can't believe well it has stood up, it is still real top drawer stuff, plus its been that long since I watched it it's like a new show again.

Best show ever made. Rewatching GOT with the Mrs as she didn't bother first time round. Binge worthy second time round too. Breaking bad was actually better second time round. Sopranos number 1 though.

Milltown Row2

House of cards, started it when it first came out, she didn't like it and I sort of stopped watching, restarted watching it. Brilliant show IMO
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Targetman

Spacey was brilliant in House of Cards, wife wasn't bad either! I'd love to watch Sopranos again, it's not on Netflix?

pbat

Thought 1 - 4 of House of Cards was fantastic, thought it drifted the last two seasons and were mediocre, Spacey was a big loss to it.

thewobbler

Spacey was a huge loss but tbh the show runners should have had the nous to close it down after s3.

Watching a sociopath doublecross everyone and everything in pursuit of power is great fun. Watching the same sociopath trying to run a country, remarkably less so.

extra time

Does anyone know if there will be another season of Ozark. Really enjoyed it and it was left nowhere near finished.

nrico2006

24 never gets a mention in greatest shows discussion, utterly addictive.

Just saw the new Dexter promo the other day, was brilliant. I get why people didn't like the end of Dexter, the last season was dung on the whole, but Dexter didn't flatter to deceive in the way LOD did last night.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

thewobbler

I couldn't have 24 at all.

I've very little time for cop shows where the protagonist(s) continually find themselves alone in dark, suspicious places with no phone coverage. I just can't suspend my disbelief for that.