TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

Episode 2 of Homeland tonight was sublime.

5 Sams

Quote from: thewobbler on October 09, 2012, 09:59:46 PM
Next on my list. I'm a late adopter. Finishing off West Wing...(I know I know!!!)....working my way through Breaking Bad. Big problem is Sopranos being repeated on Sky Atlantic...saw it all before but I WILL watch it again.....that'll throw a spanner in the works.
The Aristocrat Years

el_cuervo_fc

http://www.geektown.co.uk/uk-air-dates/

The next few months have some great shows returning:

The office
The Walking Dead
Peep Show
American Horror Story: Asylum
The Big Bang Theory

I watched the new episode of Red Dearf the other day. It was more of the usual but I must be growing up. It doesn't hold the same appeal as it used to.

I though Homeland was great last night. A bit more pacey at times. The bit with the text message done my head in though.

LeoMc

Hard to see how it can be strung out now with that at the end unless it is going a very different direction.

Bingo

Homeland was cracking alright, big storyline to have so early in the season run. Interesting to see where they take it.

Re the phone in the room, not sure they could have played it any other way. In their defence it was a very tense moment and I'm sure everyone would have been focused on the screen rather than what Brody was doing.

Bingo

Quote from: laoislad on October 10, 2012, 02:13:50 PM
Maybe ye could stop talking about what happened in Homeland...
Some of us haven't seen that episode yet!!

In fairness, if you can make out what was happening from the comments so far, you don't need to watch it, you're a genius  :)

Don Johnson

It was excellent wasn't it? Fair play to them, over one series and two episodes they have packed as much in as some shows would string out over five series. Last night's episode could well have been the season finale for any other show leaving you hanging for a year.

Episode 4 of Boardwalk was a good one too. Gyp Rosetti is a brilliant character, though the scenes with Al Capone stole the show. Stephen Graham is some actor alright.

Tuesday nights now my catch up night. Brilliant stuff.

LeoMc

Quote from: Don Johnson on October 10, 2012, 03:39:26 PM

It was excellent wasn't it? Fair play to them, over one series and two episodes they have packed as much in as some shows would string out over five series. Last night's episode could well have been the season finale for any other show leaving you hanging for a year.

Episode 4 of Boardwalk was a good one too. Gyp Rosetti is a brilliant character, though the scenes with Al Capone stole the show. Stephen Graham is some actor alright.

Tuesday nights now my catch up night. Brilliant stuff.

Now you are just teasing Laoislad! :D

Canalman

Agree about Stephen Graham. He gave some performance in This is England.

ziggy90

Don't be spoiling Boardwalk for those of us who have only seen two episodes. I thought the Sopranos would never be beaten for must watch TV but Boardwalk is really beginning to look as if it just might. Btw anyone here watching the second series of Romanzo Criminale? I didn't realise it had started and would like a synopsis of it so far, or if anyone knows how to watch the previous episodes I'd appreciate their advice.

Totally agree about Stephen Graham.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

nrico2006

Quote from: ziggy90 on October 10, 2012, 10:03:36 PM
Don't be spoiling Boardwalk for those of us who have only seen two episodes. I thought the Sopranos would never be beaten for must watch TV but Boardwalk is really beginning to look as if it just might. Btw anyone here watching the second series of Romanzo Criminale? I didn't realise it had started and would like a synopsis of it so far, or if anyone knows how to watch the previous episodes I'd appreciate their advice.

Just watched episodes 9 and 10 of Season 1 last night.  Really good so far, but a bit early to be comparing it to the Soprano's.  The production of the show is unreal and adds something else though.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ziggy90

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 11, 2012, 09:52:14 AM

Just watched episodes 9 and 10 of Season 1 last night.  Really good so far, but a bit early to be comparing it to the Soprano's.  The production of the show is unreal and adds something else though.

Rico, when you're into season 3 come back to me and let me know what you think then. As I said I never thought I'd say a series could be as good as the Sopranos but Boardwalk definitely has the potential.

nrico2006

Quote from: ziggy90 on October 11, 2012, 05:03:00 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on October 11, 2012, 09:52:14 AM

Rico, when you're into season 3 come back to me and let me know what you think then. As I said I never thought I'd say a series could be as good as the Sopranos but Boardwalk definitely has the potential.

Will do, aim to be there in the next week or two.  I think it will end up as good as if not better.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

maddog

Started 2nd series of Romanzo Criminale without having watched the first and while i obviously can't say what i missed with the first, it seems easy enough to pick up the thread. Very good so far, the episodes aren't getting to sit in the planner long.

ziggy90