TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 08, 2012, 10:55:43 PM
Spotlight showing the bookies in pubs racket, who really gives a fcuk. Undercover people following the lads doing the bets. Gambling on a Sunday and in a pub!! what's next?

thats what i thought aswell, who gives a shit about people backing horses or whatever in a pub, i'd say it happens in every town in the country.
the other issue about underage gambling addicts and illegal poker machines was a bit more interesting
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

nrico2006

Finally got to the end of the Soprano's, half knew what was coming regarding the ending.  Big let down.

Been watching Touch and Alcatraz too, with Alcatraz already chopped.  Can't see Touch lasting much longer either.  I must be a jinx, but thats The Event, Flash Forward and Alcatraz all cancelled now.  The only other ones I am watching are The Walking Dead and Falling Skies.   
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ballinaman

Billys Boots

For fans of Scandinavian Crime series, I've been watching the dramatisation of the Arne Dahl novels - as they've not yet been translated into English yet, we're a little ahead of ourselves.  It's very, very good and very, very quirky.  The information in English is poor - very little in IMDB for instance but try english.arnedahl.net/.  If you want to be pointed at downloads and subtitles, drop me a PM.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Armaghgeddon

I need a new TV series to watch. Can't get into watching Game of Thrones, will watch the first 10 minutes and will find something more interesting to watch. Started watching touch but that has finished. Have finished 24 but girlfriend has started to get into so she is on series 1. Any other recommendations? Is Dexter anygood?

laoislad

Quote from: Billys Boots on June 06, 2012, 04:33:45 PM
For fans of Scandinavian Crime series, I've been watching the dramatisation of the Arne Dahl novels - as they've not yet been translated into English yet, we're a little ahead of ourselves.  It's very, very good and very, very quirky.  The information in English is poor - very little in IMDB for instance but try english.arnedahl.net/.  If you want to be pointed at downloads and subtitles, drop me a PM.

Do you watch anything in English?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Forever Green

Friday Night Lights is a show and a half

tyrone exile

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on June 06, 2012, 05:42:45 PM
I need a new TV series to watch. Can't get into watching Game of Thrones, will watch the first 10 minutes and will find something more interesting to watch. Started watching touch but that has finished. Have finished 24 but girlfriend has started to get into so she is on series 1. Any other recommendations? Is Dexter anygood?

I had the same problem with game of thrones. watched first episode of dexter and thought it a very strange show. id recommend 24 and the wire, think there possibly the two best tv shows ever made. friday night lights is also brilliant. also really enjoyed the first 4 seasons of the american office.

AFS

Just over half way through Homeland. Not really getting why it was bummed up so much. Watchable enough but nothing special. Claire Danes ruins every scene she appears in with her absurd attempts at acting. If it weren't for Damian Lewis holding the thing together I'd probably have given up by now. Plenty of boobs though, which is nice.

Finished The Bridge a couple of weeks ago. Very good, although I think I enjoyed The Killing more. Might try this Borgen show next, the Danes haven't let me down yet.

Billys Boots

Quote from: laoislad on June 06, 2012, 05:43:53 PM
Quote from: Billys Boots on June 06, 2012, 04:33:45 PM

Do you watch anything in English?

Some, but not very much, I must admit.   ;)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

screenexile

Quote from: AFS on June 07, 2012, 02:02:14 AM
Just over half way through Homeland. Not really getting why it was bummed up so much. Watchable enough but nothing special. Claire Danes ruins every scene she appears in with her absurd attempts at acting. If it weren't for Damian Lewis holding the thing together I'd probably have given up by now. Plenty of boobs though, which is nice.

Finished The Bridge a couple of weeks ago. Very good, although I think I enjoyed The Killing more. Might try this Borgen show next, the Danes haven't let me down yet.

??

Denn Forever

I really enjoyed Suits that was on Dave.  I'm a sucker for legal dramas.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: AFS on June 07, 2012, 02:02:14 AM

Watched homeland to the end and it never exactly left me with a feeling of excitement for the next season.

gallsman

Quote from: Forever Green on June 06, 2012, 06:28:25 PM
Friday Night Lights is a show and a half

Later seasons are very poor and cliché-ridden. First two were excellent though.

nrico2006

Watched the end of Alcatraz, got really good the past 3 or 4 episodes therefore annoyed and it's cancellation.

Have the final 3 episodes of Touch to watch this weekend, need something else to take up some time after finishing The Soprano's too.  Anybody watched Boardwalk Empire - not much catching up to do.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'