DUBLIN v TYRONE JANUARY 2009 CROKE PARK

Started by Canalman, September 29, 2008, 02:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Quote from: 20leg-end08 on January 07, 2009, 04:32:27 AM
Could any of yiz help me with a question bout the tickets?

I'm ordering a few for students off ticketmaster prob just guna print them off. I know for the student discount they just have to show their student cards to some fellas outside but I read somewhere that ye can only get this discount if the tickets are for the cusack or davin stands? Is this true? No major deal like just wondering
Correct

Students and OAPs must purchase full price tickets for Davin or Cusack Stands only. Then they can get a refund at Block D turnstiles to rear of Cusack Stand prior to entry, assuming they have appropriate ID.

Mike Sheehy

you're back.

So, who is team of the decade according to your ranking system  :D

20leg-end08

Quote from: Hound on January 07, 2009, 10:32:24 AM
Quote from: 20leg-end08 on January 07, 2009, 04:32:27 AM
Could any of yiz help me with a question bout the tickets?

I'm ordering a few for students off ticketmaster prob just guna print them off. I know for the student discount they just have to show their student cards to some fellas outside but I read somewhere that ye can only get this discount if the tickets are for the cusack or davin stands? Is this true? No major deal like just wondering
Correct

Students and OAPs must purchase full price tickets for Davin or Cusack Stands only. Then they can get a refund at Block D turnstiles to rear of Cusack Stand prior to entry, assuming they have appropriate ID.

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me

Bud Wiser

Dus anyone know how they are going to let off a half a million euro worth of Fireworks.  I see where John Maughan was complaining about the waste of 500,000 euro worth going up in smoke when clubs are forced to pay high levvies.  Then he said "I suppose if they did nothing to celebrate I would be complaining too"   Too bloody right John.

What I mean by "how they are going to let off the fireworks" , apart from lighting them, is how in safety can they do it without risk of one of them at least going into the stands, or by way of rough justice, God forbid, into Hill 16. ??   

The first editor of a paper to use the headline "Fireworks at Dublin and Tyrone game" should be tied to a golf ball typewriter and chained to a seat in the Press box of Croke Park.

" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Tankie

I assume that they are getting pro's in to let these fireworks off!
Grand Slam Saturday!

Bensars

Any odds anywhere of another flasher ?   Think its a cert again ?

omagh_gael

Quote from: Bensars on January 08, 2009, 06:17:59 PM
Any odds anywhere of another flasher ?   Think its a cert again ?

i wonder what the odds of him doing star jumps along the hogan stand are like this year, maybe the same bucko will be at this years game and show of a new naked warm up exercise!!!

Tyrone Dreamer

Although the Dublin players wont have much football behind them there is a possibility that they could be well ahead in terms of fitness for this game. As Tyrone are on holiday I assume there have been no training sessions at this point. The McKenna Cup is coming up but with 9 new players being tried its unlikely that players will get more than 2 games. The Dubs have had a tough weeks training camp behind them already and no doubt will continue to train hard for the rest of the month to build on this. Judging by the Dubs team for Sunday it doesnt look like they will have much game time behind them though.

rrhf

Some pointers
last 3 all ireland wins
Dublin 77,83, 95 rate 3:22 Assessment: due next one in 2019   
Tyrone 03,05,08 rate 3:6 Assessment: Newly rich, but such wealth
Last 2 championship meetings: Tyrone by scores more akin to that good game of cricket.
Players to watch: Steven O Neill, Sean Cavanagh, E Mulligan
Players to watch: Brogan (2) Cluxton 
Tradition:
2 huge wins for Dublin in 84 and 95 have spurred the redhands to seek atonement for their hurt as often as they can.  Whether it be league, championship or scor we enjoy smacking the jacks.  I have a feeling the Dubs might capitalise on the Tyrone Winter celebrations on the 31st.  But Mickey dont like losing...   

ONeill

Quote from: hardstation on January 13, 2009, 10:38:29 PM
Just saw an advert for this on RTE 1.

Did Keith from Boyzone narrate it or some other RTE brainchild?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tyrone Dreamer

Great to see O'Neill back playing well. Look forward to seeing him and Cavanagh and possibly Mugsy team up for the Dublin game. It will be interesting to see the line up now for this game. I'd like to see something like this:
Devine
Ricey
Justy
PJ Quinn
Harte
Gormley
Jordan
McGinley
Cassidy
Mulgrew
T McGuigan
Joe
O'Neill
Cavanagh
Mugsy

Wonder will Gormley and Ricey both be in contention to start for it? Harte may be tempted to try out a few other non regulars like Swift and Gareth Devlin.

INDIANA

any chance he'd tog out 15 non-regulars to give us a chance?

tyronefan

doubt if gormley will be playing  probably away on honeymoon

Tyrone Dreamer

Yeah he probably is forgot about that. Peter Donnelly has started all McKenna Cup games and played centre half back today so it wouldnt be a shock if he starts.

tyrone86

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on January 18, 2009, 11:24:06 PM
Yeah he probably is forgot about that. Peter Donnelly has started all McKenna Cup games and played centre half back today so it wouldnt be a shock if he starts.

Get away out of that. It would be a shock for me if he's still on the panel. On the strength of that performance today, he's a poor man's Horse Devlin.